Forums are back in action! ×

Fitbit Users Unite & Fitbit Group

I've noticed a lot of people using fitbit but there's no central place for us to add each other (which is why we have 17 fitocracy friends threads).

Anyway, I find it encouraging to have friends on there to see their steps and try and beat them.

So, add me if you wish.

<EDIT: No longer accepting friend requests, I have sold my fitbit... I bike for my commute so I no longer need it.>

And yes, I know their community sucks. I just want to walk more than you.

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I'm here: http://www.fitbit.com/user/23LPPT

There is a Nerd Fitness group on the Fitbit site, but it's like a huge empty warehouse where once in a while someone comes in and peers through the gloom, but there is no one else there to talk to. http://www.fitbit.com/group/227XNH

Avalonna, level 3 Half-Elf Adventurer RangerCurrent challenge & spreadsheet • First challenge • Second challenge â€¢ Third challenge • Fourth challenge • Twitter • Tumblr Nerd Fitness: "This is the place to be healthy with others who know how to field strip a light saber and read elvish while explaining the dynamics of sub-space as it relates to a warp field." - tanktimusSTR 7 ~ DEX 2 ~ STA 6 ~ CON 8 ~ WIS 4 ~ CHA 3

I am not really active in the community... I have to go through rigamarole to update my fitbit (I have an android phone... and I have limited internet on my laptop... so it's a pita)

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Is this thing good for more than just a pedometer? Does it actually do much for monitoring sleep etc.?

Facebook | Twitter | Blog |

"What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn't think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Toby: It's going to be hard.
Josh: Then we'll do what's hard.
- The West Wing

"A good lawyer sees trouble coming from around the corner."
-Professor Tom Ross

Hello! My profile is linked in my signature and I've joined the NF group.

I like my fitbit because it also monitors how many stairs I've walked up during the day. It also gives me a good idea on just how active overall I've been. I use the webapp to log food and cardio related exercises. It is NOT good for gauging/logging activity in relation to strength training. I rely on the Fitocracy web/app for that. Is there a NF Fitocracy group?

For the sleep monitoring I used it for a month to figure out how my sleep patterns worked, it let me know on average how long it took me to fall asleep and how much I tossed/woke-up at night. The wrist band it came with has gotten a little too loose to hold the fitbit so I've stopped using it for that. I still set it to sleep mode every night so have some numbers on how much I sleep.

Skilde

Level 1 | Half-Orc | Adventurer

STR 03 | DEX 02 | STA 02 | CON 02 | WIS 03 | CHA 03

FITOCRACY | FITBIT | MYFITNESSPAL CURRENT 6 WEEK CHALLENGE

• I want regular physical activity to be commonplace in my life.
  • I want to be able to walk up hills/stairs and not feel exhausted.
  • I want to cook most of my meals at home.
  • I want to run in and finish a Journey to the End of the Night.

there is never a sudden revelation, a complete and tidy explanation for why it happened, or why it ends, or Why or Who you are. you want one and I want one, but there isn't one. it comes in bits and pieces, and you stitch them together wherever they fit, and when you are done you hold yourself up, and still there are holes and you are a rag doll, invented, imperfect. and yet you are all that you have, so you must be Enough. there is no other way.

Marya Hornbacher, Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia

I've had my fit bit since Christmas but use it more on a daily basis than log in at the moment. I am new to the rebellion so will post a link or join the fit bit group when I'm on a computer not miniature device next.

I just want to walk more than you.

Considering how often I forget to put it on in the morning, I think Loren (and most other people) will beat me easy!

Aussie Bush Ranger - Training with the Monks

'I'll fight but not surrender', cried the wild colonial... GRRL!

Project 365 - Becoming BatGirl

Current Challenge

Ooooh... glad it isn't just me - this thread exploded yesterday (same day as my latest sync problem started) with people having fitbit sync issues...

Interesting status from fitbit engineers (copy pasted to MFP forum, so not sure of source)...

"Fitbit is currently experiencing errors in syncing data from the Fitbit servers to apps that integrate with Fitbit, like MyFitnessPal or Runkeeper. This may cause these apps to not display the latest data, and will prevent data from syncing from your app to the Fitbit.com website. 

Your data is still available on your Fitbit tracker, and once this issue is resolved, that data will be synced to Fitbit.com. 

Our engineers are currently working to resolve this issue. 

We expect that you will be able to sync again in 24 hours, though we do not have a precise estimation of availability at this time."

Got my fitbit a few days ago and am completely obsessed! Feel free to friend me! 

http://www.fitbit.com/user/24Z33C

Hearthsinger the Wandering Bard

Level 4 Halfling Ranger

STR 9 | DEX 7 | STA 12 | CON 11 | WIS 8 | CHA 9

"You are what you do. You can re-create yourself every second of your life." -Xena

Read my blog at Project Reroll. | FitBit | Current Challenge | Previous Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd

Hearthsinger is killing it. Jeez. She gets to walk for a living. Grrrr...

LOL! I've been taking walks during my lunch break too and sometimes in the evenings. I'm trying to make up for missing the first few months of the year because I'm trying to "walk to Mordor" before 2014 and that means I would have had to start in January for that rate. NOW I have to make up for lost miles. It's a LOT of leg work haha!

Hearthsinger the Wandering Bard

Level 4 Halfling Ranger

STR 9 | DEX 7 | STA 12 | CON 11 | WIS 8 | CHA 9

"You are what you do. You can re-create yourself every second of your life." -Xena

Read my blog at Project Reroll. | FitBit | Current Challenge | Previous Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd