Forums are back in action! ×

Experience points, levelling system for working out/life goals?

I love the NF challenges and the idea of levelling up and earning stats, but because the challenge runs so long I lose motivation, I kind of compare it to if it took me six weeks to go from level 1 to level 2 in skyrim then I probably would've quite playing it (sorry skyrim you know I love you) so I want to create my own character sheet with my own mini challenges and I can allot myself a certain amount of Xp that can be earned in a day. Xp can be earned from doing a certain amount of sit ups, or something as simple as remembering to stretch before a work out and drink enough water etc etc.. Just a way of getting me to do the day to day healthy things that I need to be doing.

I know it mind sound like unnecessary hassle but its something I'd really like to try for motivating myself (I need to see how filled up the xp bar is/how close I am to the next level to make myself work harder)

I'm wondering if anyone knows how I can go about creating an xp/levelling system and if they're any program's that can help me do this and record my stats. Or if you have any ideas on whether I should add anything or simplify anything?

Thanks

There is a leveling system in fitocracy. Its a website that you get points for logging workouts etc. 

And there's a Fitocracy app as well. It's a lot of fun, too. It includes quests based on activiy and exercise types as well.

Level 6 Lycan Ranger                                                                                                   
STR 16 | DEX 3 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 9 | CHA 2 
Challenge the 6th: Irishrages prepares for the BAMF plane of existence
Irishrages' epic: Chapter 1 2 3 4 5
Preparation * Focus * Discipline

30%
30%

I know I've seen a few people with completion bars in their signatures. I haven't played around with it personally but am looking into it for the next challenge

Race: Dwarf Class: Ranger Level: 3

STR: 9 | DEX: 7 | STA: 9 | CON: 6 | WIS: 9 | CHA: 8

Current-5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you

I hve chart with all of my planned workouts and for however many of the workouts I complete I achieve the stat points set out in the challenge.

I know my next challenge has me practicing my driving for 6 hours. It's only an hour a week but something I find difficult since I don't have regular access to a vehicle. I'm going to have a chart and every time I complete a step in my goal I'll mark it off. I'm doing it as a grading system where if I have 32 workouts to complete and if I don't get at least 70% (do 22 workouts) I don't achieve that goal or get the stat points.

That made it easier for me to track and a bit more motivating. I don't know if that helps but I hope it does!

Race: Dwarf Class: Ranger Level: 3

STR: 9 | DEX: 7 | STA: 9 | CON: 6 | WIS: 9 | CHA: 8

Current-5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you

I was using something called chore wars.  Basically my daily and weekly checklist was tied into quests, and I would get to level up that way.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |