Forums are back in action! ×

Will you stop clowning around and do something!?

I'm a cunning linguist

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I want it on my business card.  Hmmm...  I can print my own cards....   

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

It is Hawaiian shirt Friday here in Jitterstopia.  If I can get a picture to magically happen with my phone whose camera is not working at the moment, I will post it.  Maybe I'll talk to my brother.  He has one of those smarty phones.  I have noticed that my coworkers are starting to expect me to do something on Fridays.  I know it's casual Friday and all, but I'm going to mix it up with a random day now and then.  

End of the first week with my new team.  We have kicked some butt and everyone saw an increase in their sales by employing new tactics.  We'll see if this sticks.  They seem to be enjoying it.  

Last night was a humbling experience for me.  I got to the hospital and there was a lot of people in the lobby.  I walked in and they started clapping.  I was more than a little confused.  I then saw that J and his daughter E were waiting for me, smiles as big as you can imagine on their faces.  J told me that E wanted all of her family around her when she was made whole again, so he started calling his brothers, sisters and cousins.  They came from all over the country (and one couple came in from Munich) to be with this little girl on her long journey to walking again.  She started talking to everyone about what happened that night and how there was "a guy who was very nice to me and helped get me to the doctors so they can help me live".  The story spread and when I walked in with my clown hat on, everyone figured out who I was.  E told me the story from her point of view last night.  She had never talked to me about what happened until then.  I cried a lot last night.  She gave me a Valentines card she made that said "To my Guardian Angel: I'll never be scared as long as there are clowns like you".  I bought a frame for it on my way home.  I was there for a long time last night.  Wife and kids stopped down and it became sort of a party.  The doctors fitted her new leg on and she will be able to go home this morning.  She'll have some PT over the next few months to learn to walk again, but she said it's worth it. That little girl has a great outlook on life.  

This morning was a bit colder than the last couple days.  Still above zero.  By two degrees.  Not bad.  Going to be lifting tomorrow instead of tonight.  I agreed to make heart shaped croquettes for the kids tonight.  Silly kids.   

Happy Friday everyone!  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Classic!

Yx7rGqc.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Aww, nothing get's chocolate out.  See?

TXROXJW.png

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Discombobulated is an excellent word. Not my favorite, but excellent. The crown has to go to callipygian. And you're taking advantage of my emotions in too many ways today. First, you tell me the 19th saddest story ever. Then you make me look at a baseball team other than my LSU Tigers. Then you make me forget why I stopped following XKCD. I cannot process this many emotions at once.

Why did you stop following XKCD?  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I'm not sure last night will ever be topped.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

NRTIFLDTMOMNBART

February 14th, 20XX: 6th Avenue Heartache - The Wallflowers.  The Wife and I used to drive up to Duluth a lot when we were dating.  Even into when we were first married, thinking back on it.  We'd always have our CDs with us and sing along to whatever was on.  We were young, in love and, well, bored, really.  We'd always throw on The Wallflowers because it was easy to sing to and we always made sure to listen to this song.  While walking around Duluth, we came across 6th Ave. and thought we'd be living there one day.  Ah, dreams of the young.  As things go, jobs, monetary restrictions and things like that got in the way.  We never made it to 6th Ave, but we do live on 6th St, so I guess that's pretty close, right?  We still go up to Duluth and wander around from time to time, but not nearly as much as we used to.  Maybe one of these weekends I'll surprise her with a planned "impromptu" trip up there.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

tumblr_mi7f90NnHE1qfrkf9o6_250.gif  tumblr_mi7f90NnHE1qfrkf9o5_250.gif

tumblr_mi7f90NnHE1qfrkf9o4_250.gif  tumblr_mi7f90NnHE1qfrkf9o3_250.gif

tumblr_mi7f90NnHE1qfrkf9o2_250.gif  tumblr_mi7f90NnHE1qfrkf9o1_250.gif

Nice!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Tuesdays.jpg

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Work is remarkably boring today.  I caught up everything I need to do for next week already...  Come on 3:30!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Awesome stories the last 2 days Jitters.  This quote seems very fitting.

“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.†

Sounds like you did some amazing things for that little girl. Well done, sir. First round is on me when we finally have that NF meet-up. :) 

Work is remarkably boring today.  I caught up everything I need to do for next week already...  Come on 3:30!

Feeling much the same.  Got some meetings this afternoon, but just looking forward to the weekend.

A very fitting quote.  

And I think I know what I want to do this weekend:

FMPJ9dj.gif?1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

tumblr_mkfpeobpve1rvya9ro1_500.jpg

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Funday-45.jpg?resize=640%2C724

I lifted and ran Saturday.  Also performed a wedding ceremony and went to an indoor playground with the kids.  Got home and installed a new faucet in the kitchen and replaced two light fixtures in my basement.  Now I can see what I am doing in my stained glass studio.  So, yeah, busy day.  Sunday, a little less busy.  Played Lego with the kids, saw the Lego movies with my son and dinner with the family.  Bit of shopping, kids at Grandma's overnight.  Now it's snowing...  Lifting tonight after work.  Got an amusing text this morning wondering how I am able to work out in the mornings.  Made me smile.  Work is the above gif today.  And sadly, I am Kenneth.  I should go get a hot chocolate, but it's snowing out.  And yes, I'm going to use that as my excuse this morning.

Squat
3x5x45

5x5x110

Bench

3x5x45

3x5x70

5x5x105

Deadlift

1x3x105

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I've always been an early riser, so when I started to work out, I figured why not try it.  It was hard to focus the first week or two, but then it just became routine.  It also wakes me up better than Red Bull ever did.  I highly recommend it.  

The next challenge will be some fun for me, I think.  I'm still trying to come up with a life goal, but I think I'm going to take a page out of your book and play guitar.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Funday-261.jpg?resize=550%2C270

Level 2 Warforged Druid