Forums are back in action! ×

Will you stop clowning around and do something!?

Kind of ties into that quote from Monte Cristo eh?

That comic is pretty sweet. 

It certainly does.  Life is ever changing and I think the more people realize that, the better prepared they can be.

tumblr_nbp4a4IKLf1sxqyhyo1_500.gif

Yes!

tumblr_mztid8EBUC1qz8x31o1_500.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

For those keeping track, here's my new challenge thread.  It's under construction, but I have a plan for my goals.  I just need the time to make it awesome.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

For those keeping track, here's my new challenge thread.  It's under construction, but I have a plan for my goals.  I just need the time to make it awesome.

it's yours, therefore it is already awesome and can only expand into über awesomeness!

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Subbed

Sent from Tapatalk, all errors are the app's fault! ;-)

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

My son has soccer games every Saturday morning.  It's getting cold here is the Northern states.  I fixed up a heater I found on Craigslist for free.  Needed to buy 10 hex bolts and buts.  And fill a propane tank.  All told, $20 for this:

patio_heater.jpg

Or at least, something very similar.  Anyway, I got the tank filled yesterday and am planning on bringing it to the game this weekend.  Not sure if I'll set it up by the kids, or keep it over by the spectators.  Either way, hot beverage on a Saturday morning with camping chairs watching my favorite team play a sport is a great way to spend a morning.  10/10: would go again.  

It's Monday and the start of a new challenge, I'm feeling a bit silly today.  

post-45209-Lorax-you-have-been-warned-gi

Level 2 Warforged Druid

That's about my morning so far, Hatter.  Going to be a good day, I think.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Just read through Year One and what I could of Year Two of the Injustice: Gods Among Us comics.  I now was to play the game...  Such a good comic.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I need two things right now; sleep and a reliable job.  Neither of which are coming my way at this point.  Had a silly night with the kids last night.  My daughter is getting good at acting out her imagination.  My son encourages her.  It was just a whole lot of zany antics and laughter.  Wife has been up in the middle of the night blowing her nose and having coughing fits, so my sleep hasn't been great.  I'm off tomorrow due to a shutdown day at work.  We're told next Friday wont be.  End of the month and they want to get everything they can in.  My resume is being sent out like so much stepped on cheese.  Stained glass projects tomorrow.  I hope my enthusiasm for it carries over to tomorrow.  

tumblr_n18vj4Qqj81skbydco1_500.jpg

Level 2 Warforged Druid

If you're up for it, then yes please.  Otherwise, send me the name via IM and I'll search through.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

What's been keeping us laughing at our house:

Made better on Saturday.  While shopping for the final piece for JJ's Halloween costume, the original came on in the store.  The kids we're singing the Muppet version.  Loudly.  Okay, I may have been as well...

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Yesterday was in interesting day.  Due to a lack of sleep and a need to focus on work in the afternoon, I had my first Red Bull in a long time.  I have had back pain so I took some meds (better living through chemistry) and apparently was quite the entertaining fool in the evening.  Oh!  Jitter Bug (3 year old daughter) figured out the Wii Remote and kicked my butt at bowling last night.  We also had a 4 player 100 pin family game.  Pizzazz (wife) and Jitters Junior (7 year old son) took 1st and 2nd.  Jitter Bug and I tied.  A good night, overall.  Made a bacon cheeseburger pie for dinner that is always wonderful.  Now I have a headache that doesn't seem to want to go away.  I'm thinking caffeine related.  I had two or three cups of coffee at the MN NF meetup on Sunday and then a RB yesterday.  That's a lot more than I'm used to.  Time to barrel through and get past it.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Situation and Question:  Saturday, we're heading to the Garth Brooks concert.  It's a birthday celebration for my wife and as such, I've secretly hired a limo for the evening.  There will be 6 of us.  My question is, what country songs would be best for rocking out in the limo?  My wife is the reason I listen to country at all, so we want to keep it country.  We're going to be heading back to the house and lighting up a fire and hanging out afterwards as well, so I need more songs.  Here's what I have so far:

Friends in Low Places - Garth Brooks

Aw Naw - Chris Young

Take it Easy - Travis Tritt

I Don't Want This Night to End - Luke Bryan

My Kinda Party - Jason Aldean

Drink in my Hand - Eric Church

Out Last Night - Kenny Chesney

Chicken Fried - Zac Brown Band

Save a Horse - Big and Rich

When the Sun Goes Down - Kenny Chesney

Longneck Bottle - Garth Brooks

Life is a Highway - Rascal Flatts

Jalapeno - Big and Rich

Bottoms Up - Brantley Gilbert

What else?  Thanks for your input

Level 2 Warforged Druid

oh man, I haven't listened to country since high school. 

I recall a song that went something like rock me up beside the juke box when I die and one that went the race is on and here comes pride in the backstretch, heartbreak to the inside.

Well, that's it, my country knowledge is cashed out.

Would she settle for some Nu Metal? I can help there. :)

Have a great time on her birthday.

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

YNdKo8a.gif

• Like 4

Level 2 Warforged Druid

f0245e42b0fff1c68d9d641e78c5f8d1.jpg

No gif, just my coach standing in the breeze of the fan after his workout... :-P

Sent from Tapatalk, all errors are the app's fault! ;-)

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Ramblings of an overtired clown ahead.

How many of you would turn villain to save a loved one?  I've been talking a lot about various heroes and villains with my son this week.  Mostly about the motivation for their chosen paths.  Last night, we covered Mr. Freeze.  

tumblr_m4v0oxUu8o1qczbido1_500.gif

tumblr_mo0gddg9Y81rrkahjo10_250.gif

Depending on where you want to look, Mr. Freeze has turned to crime to save his wife.  And can you blame him?  People do weird things for love.  In some portrayals, he has lost her but still does things because of her memory.
Mr.-Freezes-Story-Touches-The-Batman-In-

He uses villainy to obtain his goals of either trying to save or honoring Nora's memory.  Yes, some depictions shows he continues because he can't stop his life of crime (and he's no more than a head in a jar on a robotic body), but his origin certainly brings to light some interesting aspects of being human.  I'm also a fan of the end of Batman & Mr. Freeze: Sub Zero.  Tears of joy at the thought that his wife (who presumably is told Victor is dead) has been saved gets me every time.  

tumblr_mwc6unQhyN1rdp0upo3_500.jpg

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

And he knows that.  At least during The New Batman Adventures where he goes emo:

Ice Maiden #2: Hey, Freeze, look who dropped in!

[Mr. Freeze reveals himself. Showing his head walking on robotic spider-like legs]

Batgirl: Oh, my God.

Mr. Freeze: Ah, I was hoping to see you again.

Batman: What happened?

Mr. Freeze: The accident that created me finally took its toll. By the time these doctors stopped my deterioration, all that was left undamaged was this.

Batgirl: That's what you meant when you said it was too late for you.

Mr. Freeze: Ironic, isn't it? After all I did to keep my wife whole, I end up like this. You understand now why I could not return to my Nora, my treasure. There's no hope for me, or you or your city. Everyone's going to feel my loss.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Yeah but turning into the villain Mr. Freeze changes Victor into someone that Nora never loved.

That seems to be a common theme in villains.  They'll do whatever it takes for someone they love, but then the someone they love doesn't like what they did, which pushes them even farther down the rabbit hole of villainy. 

I was actually talking about something similar a few nights ago with my boyfriend (due to Twisty's background story reveal on AHS if any of you watch)... the whole empathize-with-the-bad-guy thing is so interesting.  Aside from complete psychopaths who just have no empathy, most villain background stories are really amazing explorations of the human condition, even the ones based purely on revenge.

Yeah that's a tough one. I think outside the situation, it's tough to really understand the inner turmoil. I feel like in his situation, i'd probably do the same thing. 

That's a tough one. Look at the Punisher. He's basically Batman, but without a moral issue in killing people. So is he a good guy? Technically yes, but done in a bad guy fashion.  

Real interesting discussions with your son. 

It really comes down to what your moral values are, and sticking to them. No matter how hopeless the situation. Because that's what makes Batman great. That and a lot of money. Lots of it.

• Like 1

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

tumblr_lszejypwkn1qewacoo1_500.jpg

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

All things are possible.  We live the life we want to.  I will change what I do not like.

From my challenge:

Objectives:

Beginner's Bodyweight Workout 3 days a week - no excuses anymore.

- Run at least 9 miles a week..

- Yoga or meditation 4 days a week for at least 10 minutes. 

- Cut out pop and energy drinks completely from my diet. .

Starting Weight: 236    Ending Goal Weight: 220

Starting Waist Size: 40"   Ending Waist Goal Size: 38"

I shall, from time to time, update here.  Tonight, I will put up some photos.  I am going to hold myself to a higher standard for this.  I am kind of excited at the thought of accomplishing these objectives.  Doing so would mean having to mod my clown costumes just before circus this year.  
My outline from week to week would look something like this: (Subject to change based on life events)
Monday: AM Yoga/Meditation and evening BBWW
Tuesday: AM Run and evening Yoga/Meditation
Wednesday: Evening BBWW
Thursday: AM Run and evening Yoga/Meditation
Friday: Evening BBWW
Saturday: AM Yoga/Meditation
Sunday: Rest

We'll see how this goes.

Inspirational thanks for the post , I agree all thing are possible I never though tI could quit drinking alcohol I did, or exercise routinely I am , or quit smoking I did I bought an estick and havent had a butt in 8 months All things are possible thank you God