Forums are back in action! ×

Will you stop clowning around and do something!?

Thanks.  It figures it would be right in time for the weekend.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

... I'm getting sick too jitters... What have you we been doing?!?!? ;-)

Sent from Tapatalk, all errors are the app's fault! ;-)

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Hope your weekend is going well sir! *Makes Jitters some tea*

Spoiler

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Jitters, I thought of you this weekend as I listened to Flip the Table, "the podcast about the other side of boardgames". They have a professional party clown (I know you do more parades but still) on their cast and he was talking about how he really specializes in balloon animals and what that niche looks like. Later I heard a question written into the cast by someone with exactly your name. Coincidence or are you already listening. If you're not, I encourage you to listen to a few of their episodes while recovering. The latest was a year wrap up so it's not their usual fair, I'd recommend going back a couple and listening from there forward.

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

... I'm getting sick too jitters... What have you we been doing?!?!? ;-)

Things better left unsaid, I think.  Wouldn't want to scare anyone away, now, would we?  :P

Sorry to hear you are sick!

*hands you a family size pot of chicken soup and warm fuzzy socks*

Thanks.  JJ decided that I needed some soup, so he helped my wife make a pot this weekend.  It was nice.  

Hope your weekend is going well sir! *Makes Jitters some tea*

It went alright.  Started feeling a little better, so I got some things done around the house.  Put up some lights in the porch and in doing so, bruised my ankle a little bit.  It doesn't hurt to run on it so far, but it is tender to the touch.  

Jitters, I thought of you this weekend as I listened to Flip the Table, "the podcast about the other side of boardgames". They have a professional party clown (I know you do more parades but still) on their cast and he was talking about how he really specializes in balloon animals and what that niche looks like. Later I heard a question written into the cast by someone with exactly your name. Coincidence or are you already listening. If you're not, I encourage you to listen to a few of their episodes while recovering. The latest was a year wrap up so it's not their usual fair, I'd recommend going back a couple and listening from there forward.

I can't say that I have heard of that one.  Though, to be fair, I think there is one podcast that I do listen to.  If Batwoman and Jenn would put out another one...  Just saying.  There's someone using my name!?  Interesting.  Unless I know them and I had asked them a question in my off time...  Possible, but not probable.  I'll have to take a listen.  

Hope you're feeling better, Jitters!

Thanks, Raxie.  I'm still congested, but I think I'll make it through.  I just have to get well enough to take down this 10k on Thursday morning.  

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

'Twas the day before Thanksgiving and all through the land

Jitters was fretting about the race that is at hand.

He's not as fast as he once was, his body is falling apart

He should be listening to his friends, though

They are really quite smart

The distance has never been covered, it seems quite daunting

It's time to find that confidence that he had been flaunting

"The only way to fail is to not get on the course"

If he gave up now, he knew he'd feel remorse.

He'll run like as best he's able, though his finish might seem murky

He'll run because he'll feel like he earned that turkey.

So Jitters found some courage, and possibly even some might

Thank you friends of Nerd Fitness, and have a kick ass night!

As we Americans get ready for our national day of thanks, take a moment to recognize all the small things people have done for you.  Give thanks for their small kindnesses as well as the bigger ones.  Last night I had a mini-panic attack after my last run before my first 10k tomorrow morning.  I chatted with JessFit last night and Kat this morning and they have helped me calm down and realize I can do this.  Thank you both for your kind words.  I appreciate it a great deal.  
Nerd Fitness has become my default check in, well before anything to do with the book of faces.  I give thanks for all of you here.  

tumblr_m7jm5vf09f1rthy64.gif

tumblr_lqaogw6jSX1qj98heo1_500.gif

cheeks-funny-kid-Favim.com-238743_large.

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I bought some cold weather compression running pants for the occasion.  Might have to bust out my ski mask though.  

• Like 3

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Thanks Hatter.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

F-ing cold!  We had a reading of 0 when we started the 10k.  There was just a hint of wind that was at my back on the way out.  Coming back in was almost unbearable.  I finished in 1h 24min. which is 9 minutes slower than I thought I would.  I did stop for the bathroom at the half way point and had to wait, so that accounted for probably the entire 9 minutes.  Mile 5 and I thought about calling it, but I thought "what would my friends on NF think if I didn't finish this?"  I made it through because of this community.  

After warming up with some hot chocolate and an extra thick quilt (okay, and two kids snuggling in), I was feeling like I was ready for the day.  Two smoked turkeys at my brother in law's house.  Good food, taught Jitters Junior how to play in between.  He now wants his own poker chip set and deck of cards.  I told him that I do have 1200 chips he can use.  He told me "I'm going to be growing up at some point and I'll need my own".  From a 7 year old...

And now, something I've been looking forward to all month.  It's time for the Jitters Countdown to Christmas!  

I love the holidays.  I enjoy setting up lights, decorating the house, the tree, I like the baking and I enjoy how much more kind people are around this time of the year.  I want to figure out how to make people more kind year round, but for now, I'll take what I can get.  I'm coming out of the gates swinging the heavy bat today.  I'm dedicating this one to JessFit.  
I Wish I Could Be Santa Claus - The Muppets: Take the two minutes and twenty seconds to listen.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Jitters you are a beast for running in that cold! I'd probably give myself pneumonia or something running in that frigid weather! You rock!!!

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Jitters Countdown to Christmas! Dec 3rd.
Christmas, Like a Lullaby - John Denver.  I was about 9 when I first heard this song.  It always made me want to visit both Colorado and Australia.  I've been to one, but still have to make it to Australia.  There was always music in the house growing up.  There still is, honestly.  Both at mom's and at my house.  When we'd help mom set up the tree and village, she would always start with this song.  As I grew up, it became almost Pavlovian to decorate with this on.  I asked her once when I was about 19 if there was any reason this one was always first played.  She told me that the year it came out, her Uncle had died in a boating accident and it always made her remember that while people were gone, they weren't forgotten.  She went on to tell me that when my oldest brother went into the Army, it was important to remember that people can be miles away, but they're always thinking about you, or you them.  It's important to remember the people in your lives.  This song helped her with that.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Jitters you are a beast for running in that cold! I'd probably give myself pneumonia or something running in that frigid weather! You rock!!!

It's very possible that it was the cause of my being too sick to circus Fri/Sat.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Awww booo :(

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

There's been some questions as to what my big project is with my glass.  Here's where I'm at (well, I'm a little further today, but I digress)
tumblr_ng0jt1CYrQ1skbydco1_r1_400.jpg

Not ruler in top right corner for scale.  Was out of bananas...

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Wow jitters, you are amazing!!! I can't wait for my tree! ;) lol

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast