Forums are back in action! ×

Will you stop clowning around and do something!?

ImpressiveFrankCornsnake.gif

Sent from Tapatalk, all errors are the app's fault! ;-)

• Like 2

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Getting some things straight in my head and in my life at large.  Challenge coming soon.  

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Please share the link to it here when you are ready! [emoji173]ï¸

Spoiler

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Jitters! Where ye be?

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Alright, I'm not getting a challenge up (understatement, I know) for this go round, but I thought I'd pop in and explain my absence.  I've been feeling lost again, and it's been taking up a lot of my time and thoughts.  

Back at Christmas, my little brother and his wife announced they were expecting a baby come June.  Excitement abounds.  Last week, they lost the baby.  Not so excited anymore.  

I decided it was time for me to move on from the clown group (and the Shrine in general) I'm with and I was fully prepared to take the next step.  I thought I was ready for it.  Last week, I turned in everything (I was treasurer, so checkbook, credit card, etc...) and I feel a bit depressed now.  It was so final.

Purchased an expensive kiln to expand my glass making endeavors.  Started making candle holders and tried some jewelry items.  Candle holders aren't as well received as I thought they might be and the jewelry items didn't work out.  Ruined two molds with it last week.  

tl;dr - Last week was kind of shit.

There are obviously details that I'm leaving out, such as things going on with my brother and sister in law, but they are just details.  I'm not feeling motivated to do anything right now.  I feel like I'm mostly going through the motions of working, because my job is easy enough to do that.  I gave up a large portion of where I've been getting my identity, and now I don't know what to do.  It seems like I go through this about once a year.  I'm not usually this...  not even sure what the word is for it.  A little bit better than depressed, but not quite happy.  Right in between.  Morose?  That's a thing.  Not quite there, though.  Blah?  That can be a thing.  Let's go with that.  Here's the real rub, though; I don't feel like changing anything.  Apathy crept in and I can't (or don't want to) shake it.  

So, that's the Jitters update.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I totally feel you Jitters...I'd say I'm in a similar place, even the routines that I've worked so hard to get into and used to give me an identity, but now they are just life... Not as exciting, just...what I do... I'd pick up something more fun like...finishing my quilt, or knitting or painting... But I just don't have the energy to do it... And I don't really want to make the extra effort...

I know it can be tough to give up something that made you YOU... I still see you as jitters the clown... Even if you aren't a part of the organization, because you represent the goodness of people.... Not because of the big shoes or the unicycling... But because you help people, you make them smile, even by just being you.

Maybe you need to find something to volunteer doing that will eliminate that apathy that you are feeling... What about being a "big brother," or whatever it's called, to mentor a kid? Like, just doing things on the weekend with your son and with another kid who doesn't have a positive male figure in his life?

Just a thought, as I have a student on my mind this morning... Wrote the sweetest letter to his dad yesterday.... This kid can't put much of anything on a paper, so the fact that it was so nicely written wasn't lost on me... It said: "Dear Dad, I know you aren't here, but you are in my heart. I know jail isn't the funniest place, but I love you and hope you can come home soon. Love, "

Do something you care about that makes you feel good...

And as for the stained glass stuff? I'm pretty sure the people who made this piece made mistakes and had things break many times...

85cfcabdf98e94bbf20940b4a648749d.jpg

• Like 1

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Rough week dude. Hang in there.

Would you be interested incoming over this weekend and just doing a little lifting in the gym? Low key but just an excuse to move around.

Yes. Yes I would. Thank you for that offer. I'll text you tomorrow and we'll figure out a time

Level 2 Warforged Druid

*hugs*

Sorry for all the hard stuff going on this week :( 

Change is hard, even change you wanted...let yourself grieve for that loss/change, and for the loss in your family and take some time to figure out who you are becoming now. I forget where I read/heard it, but it was something along the lines of...nature doesn't grow all the time, plants and animals have dormant hibernation periods, and then there are periods of huge growth following them, which wouldn't have happened without the down period, so take it, realize its normal and okay, and do what you feel you need to really fully experience it, even if that is just playing lots of video games...in the end it will make your growth period that much stronger and better bc you accepted it as a part of the cycle of life and didnt try to force growth when you needed down time. 

You are gonna be okay, no matter what happens, bc you are amazing and wonderful and strong and smart and capable, and you can get through this :wub: 

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

giphy.gif

I'm still here

tumblr_m8rgtcevui1ryvkawo1_500.gif

While not on a 6WC, I've been clearing out some head space.  It feels remarkably good.  I've been in contact with people from my past that I have either screwed over or had some sort of falling out with.  Some of them were very receptive to it, others, not so much.  I do this because I need to get them out of my head, but also so that they might find at least some closure to what transpired.  Going through about 6 of these so far, I've realized something:

10014732.gif

Or, at least I was.  

tumblr_ls5a4lgXK41r3fggbo1_500.gif

I like to think that my time since then has been spent bettering myself.  I have apologized to everyone of them.  There's still many more on my list, but it's a start.  

I'm trying to find a balance between my family and myself.  I want to work out more, but the time I get to myself to do it is limited.  On top of work, I've been donating plasma (both to help others and for the extra money) which takes up time.  I could give that up to spend more time at home, but the extra cash is nice.  There are days where it's been the difference between gas in the vehicle and not.  Working out after plasma days is horrible at best.  It's time for me to decide

tumblr_n26f9qvxiR1r7pxxqo3_500.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

What is your schedule like Jitters? Could you workout in the morning like me? That's kind of my "me time" because so little of the rest is...

*hugs*

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

If it's not ridiculously cold and icy out, I go for a run in the mornings.  I can sometimes get some stretches in, and that helps wake me up for the day, but I can't get a regular workout in owing to the small size of my house and not wanting to wake everyone else up at 4:30 in the morning.  I'm considerate like that.  :D

Level 2 Warforged Druid

For those who are searching for it
ewCAlCh.jpg

• Like 4

Level 2 Warforged Druid

You're very right about that my friend... I think that's why I took a break from my challenges... I was so focused on the next goal that it was never making me happy...

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

I knew they were everywhere, but recruiting at age 5 seems a bit drastic. Hail Hyrda.
tumblr_njitvwmvYX1skbydco1_540.jpg

My niece had and "Octonauts" themed birthday party this past weekend, but I knew what was up.

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Lost. I lose all nerd cred for this and Barfly's battle logs *wanders off weeping big nerd tears* lol

• Like 1

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Not everyone is into Marvel.  I accept that not everyone is going to have the same nerdness as I do.  Just as I don't share the same as others.  For instance, I've never read or watched Game of Thrones. 

Level 2 Warforged Druid