Forums are back in action! ×

Australian Engineer(ing Student)

Hello everyone. I'm a 31 year-old Aussie who is currently doing an engineering degree at Deakin University in Geelong. I don't go outside much but I come from a small town and used to be in Scouts, so I'm a bit more than passingly familiar with the outdoors. I am a gamer, and also an avid MUSHer, on the offchance there's any fellow online roleplayers on here.

I've been kind of trying to but half-arsing getting fit for several years now, and sunk many a wasted dollar on gym memberships and books in the past with the hope of sorting myself out, but mostly just collecting a pile of underwear. I started doing a variation of Starting Strength a couple of weeks back and shockingly, I've stuck to the schedule so far.

Hoping I can keep this up and rebuild this gangly, threatening-to-go-to-fat body into something to be proud of.

Welcome from a former engineer(ing student) and fellow underpants collector!  Are you thinking about getting in on the current 6 week challenge?

Level 32 Minifig Jedi Assassin

Current Challenge  | Battle Log | "Epic" Quest

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6789101111.51213141516171819, 2021222324, 25, 262728293031323334

"A man who wants to do something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse." -Stephan Dolley, Jr.

"You don't get stronger by skipping workouts." - me, to myself, about 3 times a week

Welcome!  And thanks so much for linking to the underwear post.  I totally needed to read that today.

Haha, you're welcome.

Welcome from a former engineer(ing student) and fellow underpants collector!  Are you thinking about getting in on the current 6 week challenge?

Hello! I have no idea what the current challenge is. I'm still poking about a bit, and right now trying to settle into a regular habit of going to the gym come rain, hail or shine. I'll check it out later tonight though.

Nice to see another Aussie on here.

The challenges are a great way to document your goals, methods to achieve those goals and how successful you were.

If you are keen to get into the current one it's only been going 2 days. It looks daunting but once you read up on how to set it up it can make your goals feel

Much more attainable.

Level 8 Satyr Scout

STR 11|DEX 5|STA 10|CON 9|WIS 12|CHA 5

Previous Challenge

Woot What?

MFP

Endomondo

Hello! I have no idea what the current challenge is. I'm still poking about a bit, and right now trying to settle into a regular habit of going to the gym come rain, hail or shine. I'll check it out later tonight though.

Here's the link to the Challenge Introduction:

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/33328-challenge-instructions/#entry615620

Level 32 Minifig Jedi Assassin

Current Challenge  | Battle Log | "Epic" Quest

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6789101111.51213141516171819, 2021222324, 25, 262728293031323334

"A man who wants to do something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse." -Stephan Dolley, Jr.

"You don't get stronger by skipping workouts." - me, to myself, about 3 times a week