Forums are back in action! ×

Halloween Costumes (It's never to early to start planning)

Thanks to Jess, I am buying up a lot of PVC for my Mega Man costume.  She gave me some great ideas (Thanks Jess!) yesterday.  My son decided this morning that he is going to be a "Space guy".  Me - "You mean astronaut?" R - "Yeah, that's what they're called".  He knows he has until Sunday to change his mind.  After that, what he wants gets put into play.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

So I'm trying to figure out a decent costume on a budget.

Part of the problem is that I'm 6'4" and have wide shoulders so none of the pre-packaged store costumes fit me.

I was thinking of doing something with a mardi-gras masquerade mask. That could be fun, but I'm not really sure what else I would wear with it. Any thoughts?

Or I could do some face paint....again I don't know what or what clothes I would throw with it.

Cheap idea: buy a suit from a thrift shop.  Tie it to your bumper while you drive home (seriously) and then go online for some good tips on tramp (or hobo) clown makeup.  Shouldn't cost more than $20 if you already have face paint and it's a lot of fun.  Things don't have to match or fit perfectly either.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I've actually decided that since I'm going to be the King of the Party. I'm going to a party with people younger than me (i'm 29, they're early 20's) so I figured this would fit in. I'm going to buy a mardi gras mask and a crown and a cape and come with lots of those syringes filled with shots.

I'm just there to make sure everyone has a good time as the King of the Party.

Yeah it's lame, but sounds fun to me. I have a very outgoing and loud personality so I feel I could pull it off with royal decrees about who has to take what shot.

Set up some Royal Rules before hand and post them somewhere near the alcohol.  Have the shots for those "Who have earned his Majesty's favor and shall be rewarded thusly"  

I'm going to use that line here at work today.  We'll see how it goes.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I have a half-finished costume from last year but as of yet haven't heard of any Halloween parties so am not really motivated to finish it.  It's a Safari Barbie costume.

5618914889_ce67c9d9e3_z.jpg

Mostly just an excuse to wear pink leopard print.

My mom is the one who usually took us trick-or-treating, but the year my dad took me, he wore a Batman mask the entire time.  As it happens, I don't remember if my mom ever used to dress up - but I remember my dad wearing the Batman mask!

We've always themed our costumes as a family.  This is going to be the first year we don't.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

This is just too epic for words.

Beard_zpsec8a0b97.jpg

This is awesome!  I need to grow my hair out.  

I know most people would just say grow a beard, but I can't.  After a month, it looks like most guys do after two days of not shaving.  My hair grows at an alarming rate, however, so this may have to happen.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Pop quiz hot shots; you have a wife who is unsure what she should go out as for Halloween, limited time (2 days!) and very limited resources.  What do you do?

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Not when you're going out with the kids and you don't want to freeze your butt off.  And she wouldn't wear any of those 'sexy' costumes out.  Not her style.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I figured as much, but you'd be surprised what ideas some of our friends came up with...   :nevreness:

Pirate might work.  I think I have the supplies for that.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid