Forums are back in action! ×

Ink, who's got ittttt

I have a cross made of nails with a scroll saying "M.S.E" on my left forearm. MSE are the initials of a friend that died in a car accident shortly after high school graduation.

The other is the start of a half sleeve that still needs to get finished.

(taken in a mirror so read backwards. ha)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2283[/ATTACH]

other ideas for the left arm's half sleeve is in the works.

post-5180-135672434465_thumb.jpg

Transformassacre Challenge

Current Goal: Weigh in at 200lbs or lower by May 2nd

Current Specs: 205lbs, ?? body fat (April 12th 2012)

Long term Goal:

-Meet a body fat percentage of 10% or lower by Sept 1st

-Be able to finish

Tough Mudder on Sept 8th

Your dad was a Discworld fan? That is so cool! I'm sorry for your loss :(

Yup a big fan of diskworld, Its the one book that I can really picture him reading : ). I'm thinking about another one, just trying to think about what to get :)

Oh, nice! what's the design in the center of the shell, and what more are you going to have done to it?

Its the world its self, image13.png

I like it. So, did you get fired? :P

LOL, no. I did go through the apprehension with two different companies. It's placed so that I can cover it with a watch band, if necessary, although I hate wearing watches. You can bet I wore a watch when I interviewed, though. It still worries me just a little. I've only ever seen one other tattoo at my places of business. Admittedly, her's was on her neck and she had short hair.

My fiancée keeps pushing me to get a full sleeve, which I would love, but since I like to wear short-sleeved shirts...

I've got 2.

Got the first when I was 20 just because I really wanted one. The symbol is a Chinese Character for Honor. The rest is just a design I like. If I can get down to 190lbs and maintain that for 2 months, I'm going to get the whole thing turned into a giant cross with some Bible verses. So it may change soon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2284[/ATTACH]

2nd one I got because of a woman at the age of 25. I was trying to start dating this young lady at work. Anyway, she wanted a tattoo and knew I had one so asked me if I would get one with her. Of course, being smitten at the time, I said yes. Searched the internet for 25 minutes, found this design and got it tattoo'ed on the outside of my left calf 2 hours later. I regret this one a little since I did not end up with that young lady, but I still like the design so it's not a complete loss.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2285[/ATTACH]

post-4954-13567243446851_thumb.jpg

post-4954-13567243447117_thumb.jpg

Rooks- it's always interesting to see (fellow) Christians with tattoos. Do you find you get judged for having tattoos? Or maybe because yours are on spots usually covered by clothes they stay your secret :) I've gotten a bit of flak for mine, mostly from more old-school family members.

I have 2 tattoos! The first one I got in March 2010. It's a maple leaf on my right foot. I actually want to get it retouched at some point, as it didn't heal all that well and some parts are not so great looking. But I still love it!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2321[/ATTACH]

This one I got in August 2011. The lyrics are from a Coldplay song ("Just because I'm hurting, doesn't mean I'm hurt"), the flowers are forget me nots, and the green ribbon stands for mental illness. I designed the elements myself, and I absolutely love it. It means a lot to me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2322[/ATTACH]

I have several more ideas for tattoos, I would like to get the White Tree of Gondor, a nautical anchor or compass, and I'm considering a half or quarter sleeve. I'm saving any more tattoos as a reward for when I'm more fit!

EDIT: Bahh I just looked at the pic of my maple leaf and remembered how nasty it looked when that pic was taken. I had only had it for a week and it was still healing at that point. Whatever.

post-5214-1356724345481_thumb.jpg

post-5214-13567243456089_thumb.jpg

post-5214-1356724345481_thumb.jpg

post-5214-13567243456089_thumb.jpg

The Road Goes Ever On And On

You can watch stuff happen, MAKE stuff happen, or wonder what the heck happened

Rooks- it's always interesting to see (fellow) Christians with tattoos. Do you find you get judged for having tattoos? Or maybe because yours are on spots usually covered by clothes they stay your secret :) I've gotten a bit of flak for mine, mostly from more old-school family members.

Not really. To be fair, I'm typically surrounded by a much younger Christian crowd. I mean our pastor actually just got a tattoo last year (a big cross on his shoulder)! I actually made sure my parents were cool with it before I did it, and they didn't have a problem. For the most part, no one really has told me outright they are against them. But I know that those people are out there.

Also, your attachments aren't working.

Not really. To be fair, I'm typically surrounded by a much younger Christian crowd. I mean our pastor actually just got a tattoo last year (a big cross on his shoulder)! I actually made sure my parents were cool with it before I did it, and they didn't have a problem. For the most part, no one really has told me outright they are against them. But I know that those people are out there.

Also, your attachments aren't working.

Yeah the most I've gotten are some looks from some people and remarks like "is that a tattoo?!" But nothing too bad. If they have problems about they haven't told me. I had already moved out of my parents' when I got mine so I didn't ask for permission, but they were OK with them once they saw them. My kid sister has since followed suit and gotten a couple as well.

Thanks for letting me know about the attachments.I'll try and fix them..doh!

The Road Goes Ever On And On

You can watch stuff happen, MAKE stuff happen, or wonder what the heck happened

Ok -- here is my latest -- I got this one earlier this month. My boss wasn't thrilled, but we don't have a policy against visible tattoos........... yet. I am a police officer so I wear a uniform. My guess is there will be a policy coming out soon against visible tattoos, but I will be grandfathered in at that point :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2326[/ATTACH]

You might need to explain it, hon :)

I'm going to be getting a tattoo in the very near future; I have an appointment booked for May 15th. I have wanted to get one for quite a long time but I always wanted to be in better shape first. While I am not all the way to where I want to be, I've made enough progress that I'm just going to go for it.

I'm starting out on my shoulder but I may already be addicted (if that's possible) because I'm already planning on this first one as being part of a half-sleeve and I have a chest piece planned already. And a notebook with a couple pages of ideas on other tattoos I'd like to get someday.

I've started a tumblr about me getting a tattoo, and it's also a place for me to save tattoos and art that I like. Check it out if you're interested: Steadfast And Sure Tattoos

For the posters above discussing Christians getting tattoos, check this out. More and better pictures here.

Level 1 Human Ranger STR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 3
Twitter | Google+ | tumblr

Good morning fellow nerds! I have a total of 14 tattoos-

starting at the top & working down,

"AP" on the inside of my lower lip- stands for "Anakin loves Padme"

Kanji symbol for butterfly on the base of my neck

a jewelled crown on my shoulder with my childrens' and husbands & my birthstones as the gems

"Wicked Pixie" on my other shoulder

a dolphin blow hole center of my shoulder blades

photorealistic butterflies on my lower back

girly skulls on each side of by pelvic bones complete with pink bows

cherry blossom tree on my left ribcage

hubbys name on my left wrist

the word "truly" on my wedding ring finger- from SW when Padme proclaims her love to Anakin -she "truly, deeply loves" him (hubby has "deeply" on his finger)

a Starwars themed piece on my right hip that says "truly, deeply" in aurubesh. It has several elements from different movies.

a hibiscus flower on my left foot

and a "skin pocket frog" on my right ankle- my 11 year old gave it that name cuz he looks like he's coming out of my skin

I will try to get some pics up.

Good morning fellow nerds! I have a total of 14 tattoos-

starting at the top & working down,

"AP" on the inside of my lower lip- stands for "Anakin loves Padme"

Kanji symbol for butterfly on the base of my neck

a jewelled crown on my shoulder with my childrens' and husbands & my birthstones as the gems

"Wicked Pixie" on my other shoulder

a dolphin blow hole center of my shoulder blades

photorealistic butterflies on my lower back

girly skulls on each side of by pelvic bones complete with pink bows

cherry blossom tree on my left ribcage

hubbys name on my left wrist

the word "truly" on my wedding ring finger- from SW when Padme proclaims her love to Anakin -she "truly, deeply loves" him (hubby has "deeply" on his finger)

a Starwars themed piece on my right hip that says "truly, deeply" in aurubesh. It has several elements from different movies.

a hibiscus flower on my left foot

and a "skin pocket frog" on my right ankle- my 11 year old gave it that name cuz he looks like he's coming out of my skin

I will try to get some pics up.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever heard of a movie called Star Wars?

Kidding, of course. Impressive number of tats!

Valar Morghulis
Ok, wth, I just get an error message when I try to upload the pictures...what gives?

There should be something in the lower right hand corner of the uploader that says "basic uploader." That seems to work a bit better... and you have to make sure they're okay size of course.

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram