Forums are back in action! ×

Unexpected Progress!

Hello, friends.

At the beginning of September, I set a goal of reducing my carb intake by limiting my grain consumption, increasing my protein by increasing my egg consumption, and increasing my activity by walking several days a week and doing little strength training breaks at work. 

I'd say in terms of achievement of those specific goals, I'm at about 50% now. That's not based on any actual math, just an estimate out of my head.

I compared my before and after pictures this morning, and I think I am a little less puffy now but it's hard to tell how much of that is due to changing my distance from the mirror when I took the picture, or where I placed my waistband before taking the picture, etc.

But the scale tells me I'm down 4 lbs. For some people, that might seem like a moderate or small loss.

For me, that's a rate of 4x any previous weight loss in my life. Sadly, I've yo-yoed in the past, mainly due to thyroid issues I think. (They are diagnosed now but I think I had them for about 10 years before getting the diagnosis.) Any time I've lost weight, which at one point was a loss of about 25 lbs, it's come off at a rate of about a pound a month.

One month, 4 lbs. That's incredible progress for me.

I wanted to share, because I think Nerd Fitness is what's making the difference in my perspective and attitude - it's kept me from giving up, deciding that this was too hard, or deciding that my slow pace meant I just shouldn't bother.

YAY NERD FITNESS, AND YAY ME!

Kiba

Level 0 Halfling Bard Adventurer

STR 0 DEX 0 STA 0 CON 0 WIS 0 CHA 0

http://bringyourownglitter.com

Videos of Inspiring, Strong, Graceful Women in Nerd Culture: http://shelby.tv/byoglitter