Forums are back in action! ×

Recovery and Beyond! Back to the Grind!

Hiya Everyone! 

I can't begin to tell you how excited that I am to be here. I stumbled on some articles and got to reading and then discovered a forum! I couldn't stay away! Being able to get healthier with like minded people sounds amazing! I am recovering from a ankle fracture and 6 weeks ago was living an active life of a rookie roller derby skater.

I have been skating for 13 months and I learned to do some pretty awesome physical feats with my body. The level of endurance I had achieved left me in awe. I would sweat for 2 hours, busting my a** like I have never done before, and I felt like a superhero when I was done (stinky and gross but hero none the less). I was ready to bump up my workouts off skates to get even better, and I fracture my fibula, at the end of an amazing practice, 2 weeks before our last bout of our rookie season. Talk about crushed. Ugh, the heart ache, but I know it is temporary, and I know how essential healing and patience is to a full recovery.  

Tuesday, this Tuesday, I go back to hear if I get my aircast off and I can return to *some* sort of working out. I need to get my stuff together asap b/c we have test outs in December and our new season starts in February. I don't believe I will be back to contact ready by December but need to have it together by February!!!

Glad to be here! I am ready to get back to the grind!

Whindy