Forums are back in action! ×

Vote for a November-December Challenge Book!

Book Club Poll  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Dear rebels, what book do you think we shall read?

• The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi
    • Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
    • The Years of Rice and Salt by Kim Stanley Robinson
    • Baudolino by Umberto Eco

Hey there, we have 4 suggestions for our next Book Club. Everyone's welcome to vote and then join a discussion!

May the odds be ever in your favour.

Read on.

Oryx and Crake

The Year of Rice and Salt

Baudolino

The Windup Girl

Casted a vote thanks for doing this.

“Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.†  Starship Troopers

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.†  Starship Troopers

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms†  Starship Troopers

Follow and comment for my current challenge at this link:  

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39940-toms-adventures-in-rangering

And this is my Battle Log

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38791-early-morning-challange/page-2

OK let's wait one more day to *hopefully* get more votes and then we'll see what's up. 

Also, I've messaged one moderator about the absence of the Book Club's moderator (he's been last active in August). I really think we should be able to pin the relevant posts to the top so people could see them. 

• Like 1

Just voted, got my fingers crosses for Oryx and Crake.

Yaya i voted the same way.

“Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.†  Starship Troopers

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.†  Starship Troopers

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms†  Starship Troopers

Follow and comment for my current challenge at this link:  

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39940-toms-adventures-in-rangering

And this is my Battle Log

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38791-early-morning-challange/page-2

I just finished 'Oryx and Crake', anyone still reading or wanting to discuss it? 

It certainly took me a while, but I still finished it before 2014 started. I'm not quite sure yet what I think of it... 

When I finished it I was kind of taken aback by the ending- it's kind of abrupt. But aside from that I loved it and thought it was incredibly interesting. I'm a sucker for dystopia's though.

I didn't 'like' it, but the structure made me curious enough to finish reading it. I'm just slightly annoyed that I still don't know so much of the story (ok, I do. But it feels like there's such a huge chunk missing that it feels unfinished). 

I keep thinking about it, which usually means it's a good book in some way :P Glad I've read it, but I'm not likely to read anything else by the author.

level 10 wood elf assassin

Intro1st challenge | .... | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | Current @ warriors

It is worth noting she ended up going back and making the book into a trilogy, which fills in basically all of the unaswered questions at the end of Oryx and Crake.  I haven't read the last one yet, but the second one (Year of the Flood) focus's on the group he runs into at the ends story.