Forums are back in action! ×

The Cult of Catspaw

eu19fBj.png

The Cult of Catspaw

The Cult of Catspaw is an oligarchical cult co-founded on the veneration of the one we call Catspaw by Loren Wade and childofscorn on 12/23/13. We recognize her as a polymath and exceptional individual who deserves our devotion and admiration. It should also be noted we do not worship Catspaw and do not recognize her as deity, but as an extraordinary human. 

This is the official record of the Cult of Catspaw as translated by Loren Wade. 

Heirarchy

Oligarchy

• Prophetess
    • childofscorn
  • Recordkeeper
    • Loren Wade

Acolyte

• Acolytes are Cultists who have taken the vow to record notable occurences of Catspaw's portents and revelations.

Cultist

• Cultists are those devoted to Catspaw's Commandment.

About

The Catspaw Commandment

• "Go forth, eat steak, and love each other."
    • The first words of our illustrious Catspaw. -12/23/13

The Jest of Catspaw

• A crowd of people got to a doorway, including several members of the Cult of Catspaw. The members of the Cult of Catspaw held the door open, because Catspaw said to love each other, so they let everyone else start to go through the door. First went one person, then another, then a third person...  then all the members of the Cult of Catspaw slammed themselves into the doorway at the same time. They pushed and they shoved and fought tooth and nail to be the next one through. Finally one of the people already through turned around and said "Why are you guys fighting? You let the three of us go first." And the members said, "Yes but Catspaw said we should go forth." - Catspaw, 12/23/13

The Lifehacks of Catspaw

• How to spoon hard coconut oil.
    • Run a spoon under warm water.
    • Spoon it out.

The Lessons of Catspaw

• Sometimes inappropriateness is appropriate.

Words of Our Prophetess, childofscorn

Article 1, 12/23/13
"And lo, the Catspaw did descendeth from high atop the Google mountain, riding upon her golden shuttle.  And her dulcet tones did ring out across all the land as she did proclaim " 'twas the night before the night before christmas, and all through the chat, not a creature was stirring, not even a cat[spaw]." And the evening and the morning were the first challenge."

Article 2, 4/14/14 (Palindrome Day)

Catspaw described the rules of Catspaw Club, "The first rule is: THERE ARE NO RULES! The second rule is: clean up after yourselves."

Mythos & Trivia

• The official unit of measure of the Cult of Catspaw is the Catspaw Metric Fuckton. One Catspaw Metric Fuckton is equal to 9071847400000 kilograms.
  • Legend says that Catspaw is a Time Lord, born in 1282 AD (Earth time), and is 732 years old.
  • Catspaw has proclaimed 2014 as the year of the RAWR.
  • Catspaw possesses the power of the blahblahblah, of which she can speak without actual saying anything.

*Disclaimer: Everything you read in this thread regarding the Cult of Catspaw is satirical. The opinions and views expressed in this thread regarding the Cult of Catspaw do not reflect those of Nerd Fitness or, probably, of anyone actually in the Cult of Catspaw. 

• Like 9

And lo, the Catspaw did descendeth from high atop the Google mountain, riding upon her golden shuttle.  And her dulcet tones did ring out across all the land as she did proclaim " 'twas the night before the night before christmas, and all through the chat, not a creature was stirring, not even a cat[spaw]." And the evening and the morning were the first challenge.

• Like 5
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."

I'm in for the lifehacks. I never thought of using  a warm spoon to scoop coconut oil with. And the steak, I'm hoping Catspaw will bestow her supreme cooking skills unto me.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

They pushed and they shoved and fought tooth and nail to be the next one through. Finally one of the people already through turned around and said "Why are you guys fighting? You let the three of us go first." And the members said, "Yes but Catspaw said we should go forth."

LorenWade, this is your best work thus far lmao

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

I'm into this. Bring on the steak and the love!

Welcome!

This is amazing!

Honor be unto Catspaw.

And lo, the Catspaw did descendeth from high atop the Google mountain, riding upon her golden shuttle.  And her dulcet tones did ring out across all the land as she did proclaim " 'twas the night before the night before christmas, and all through the chat, not a creature was stirring, not even a cat[spaw]." And the evening and the morning were the first challenge.

So sayeth the prophetess.

I'm in for the lifehacks. I never thought of using  a warm spoon to scoop coconut oil with. And the steak, I'm hoping Catspaw will bestow her supreme cooking skills unto me.

Woot! I agree.

LorenWade, this is your best work thus far lmao

That was all Catspaw.

I have not! But I was gifted with amazing words of wisdom again this morn:

"Sara_Mags:" she spaketh unto me, "fortunately, you can just say no."

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

hail the wisdom of Catspaw... and her wonderful bacony brussle sprouts

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Hail the wisdom of the Catspaw!

So sayeth Prophetess!

Following because I'm not sure what this is, but I'm sure as heck interested in finding out.  Something tells me I need to be here for this....

We are the Cult of Catspaw. We venerate her as an exceptional human. She is a woman of many trades; a polymath. We have learned her wisdom from the land of the Nerd Fitness Chat Room, which you can find above.
  • Like 1

her wisdom extends far beyond the NFCR

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move