Forums are back in action! ×

It's a bummer when color fades unevenly from a new tattoo... especially if there are spots with almost none left. Had that issue a couple times when I was first getting them. I have one in which the artist went too deep and now my tattoo is permanently raised. I am a lot more careful finding artists now. In my opinion if I need a rework I am done with that artist at this point in my life... unless I screwed it up.

• Like 1

I have only been scarred by 1 tattooist, he went a little rough on some script, but it is only small and hardly noticeable. This time however, either his colour was too old or I reacted to his brand of ink, one section felt and has healed like a burn. I hope it doesn't scar too much and the colour will take properly on the fix up.

Wait! What............?

The thing I love about articles like that is that they're trying to make people who want tattoos to feel bad, because their skin will be all wrinkly when they get older, without realizing that it's not the tattoo making the skin wrinkle.

and agree with Vella... some of em still look good.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

The old black and white photo of the old girl topless is very famous as one of the original Circus Freak tattooed ladies during and after the depression. For the life of me I cannot remember her name, I don't think it is Lady Viola, I'll have to look it up.

The lady with the bandana and neck swallow is how I would like to embody being a Grandma!

I love my tattoos and wouldn't change them for the world, bias article of not

Wait! What............?

I can barely remember my life without ink, they are as much a part of me as my brown eyes. If they wrinkle, they wrinkle...all of my skin will. I did not take any decision to modify my body, in any way, lightly. I LOVE seeing older people with tattoos, they all have a story. I also have a grandma who got her only tattoo at 64, she would have more if not for her Parkinson's. 

And in this existence, I'll stay persistent

And I'll make a difference, and I will have lived it- MFTP

Battle Log

The lady standing sideways holding her bra aged really well.
  • Like 1

In brightest day, In blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight, Let those who worship evils might, beware my power, GREEN LANTERNS LIGHT!

All of these tattoos are so beautiful! I hope to have one myself by the end of the year. I'm intending for it to be a present to myself for loosing the weight, so I have another ~6.5 months to lose ~75 lbs. Whenever I get down to my goal of 150 lbs, I'm getting the tattoo lol.

I've been dreaming about the tattoo itself since I was 16-17 (23 now), though it has shifted a bit. At first, I was thinking a tribal dragon wrapped around a sword, then I wanted just the dragon with a kanji on either side (probably kanji for 'wisdom' and 'perseverance'). Now, I think I'm dreaming waaay bigger. I'd love to know what you guys think though :)

I want to have a Japanese dragon across my back (from mid-right to upper left) with claws on either side grabbing orbs with kanji inside. I would also like the head of the dragon to come up and over my left shoulder, almost like it's head is perched on my shoulder. ...I don't know if this is even doable haha

So, I've gone from wanting a dragon ~8" high to a massive work of art that would cover a good portion of my back. Oddly enough, my personality has gotten "bigger" in the past few years as well :P

Wandering Monk

Starting Weight: 238 Current Weight: 189.2 Goal Weight: 150

PRs

Mile: 12:49 (11/1/14) 5K: 44:07 (3/13/16)

So I totally just typed up a huge post about everything I've had then closed the window....stupid everything... Here is the lazy 2nd version of what I Was typing.

Tattoos: 

2 full sleeves, one is 2/3rds completed, just needs some shading done, pics to come.

Current Piercings:

Ears (stretched to a little over an inch) 

Septum (6 gauge)

Tongue (2 gauge)

Both sides of lip

Eyebrow

Nipple

Retired Piercings:

Other nipple

Other Eyebrow

Cheeks

Labret

2" horizontal surface bar under belly button

8 gauge cartridge

Tragus

Bridge (done 4 separate times)

Nostril (3 or 4 times)

Vertical lobes (before ears were stretched) 

Most of these were taken out because I got sick of them not healing. Some were pierced poorly and ditched, some were ripped and messed up. I use to be a piercing apprentice so I got kind of hooked on them for a while. I haven't had anything for a long time, mainly cause I can't be bothered having a part of my face that I have to be careful of for so long. It's nice to be able to recklessly put on and take off a shirt for once haha.

I also had 10 dots branded under my belly button to match the scars from the big surface piercing. They looked pretty cool for a long time, but have since faded away and gotten covered by belly hair haha.

• Like 1

We have so many tattoo threads, I can't keep up. I didn't even see this one.

Ohhh I love your lion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am wanting a lion on my shoulder blade/back, but a restful lion. And to try and find an artist to do it exactly how I want is hard (I'm an artist myself so it has to be so perfect before I even consider going with them). How much did your lion cost?

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

| STR 2 | DEX 0 | STA 1 | CON 0 | WIS 7 | CHA 0

1 2

I have one tattoo currently, a tribal dragon beside my left hip. I went with the owner of a tattoo shop, he was the only one I trusted to tattoo me, and he did an amazing job! It's not very large but I needed it to be perfect. He complained that he didn't like doing tribals (as they are quite boring) and if I ever came back wanting another tribal he wouldn't do it. Which was fair enough, but there was no way I'd want anyone else to do it. <3

I'm currently wanting a lion on my back/shoulder blade. & the quote 'Alis volat propriis' (She flies with her own wings). I don't quite know where to get the quote yet.. and I don't have enough money for my lion =/

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

1 2

Ohhh I love your lion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am wanting a lion on my shoulder blade/back, but a restful lion. And to try and find an artist to do it exactly how I want is hard (I'm an artist myself so it has to be so perfect before I even consider going with them). How much did your lion cost?

Thank you! It was about $700 with tip (and by far the best artist in Arizona).

So I totally just typed up a huge post about everything I've had then closed the window....stupid everything... Here is the lazy 2nd version of what I Was typing.

Tattoos: 

2 full sleeves, one is 2/3rds completed, just needs some shading done, pics to come.

Current Piercings:

Ears (stretched to a little over an inch) 

Septum (6 gauge)

Tongue (2 gauge)

Both sides of lip

Eyebrow

Nipple

Retired Piercings:

Other nipple

Other Eyebrow

Cheeks

Labret

2" horizontal surface bar under belly button

8 gauge cartridge

Tragus

Bridge (done 4 separate times)

Nostril (3 or 4 times)

Vertical lobes (before ears were stretched) 

Most of these were taken out because I got sick of them not healing. Some were pierced poorly and ditched, some were ripped and messed up. I use to be a piercing apprentice so I got kind of hooked on them for a while. I haven't had anything for a long time, mainly cause I can't be bothered having a part of my face that I have to be careful of for so long. It's nice to be able to recklessly put on and take off a shirt for once haha.

I also had 10 dots branded under my belly button to match the scars from the big surface piercing. They looked pretty cool for a long time, but have since faded away and gotten covered by belly hair haha.

And now for a quick anatomy lesson...

guess I should grab some pics of mine now that I figured out how to get pictures up here...

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

I currently have 2 (will post pictures when I get home):

On my left shoulderblade, I have a plaque with the word RESURGENS (latin for "rising again", a personal mantra and the motto of my city) surrounded by cherry blossoms to signify dying and being reborn

On my sternum is my superhero insignia to signify that I will always be the person I have become (and, just in case I have to rush out of the shower naked to save the world, people will know who I am!)

I have plans to get a blue heron on my side, to symbolize determination and self-reliance, but that is going to have to wait a while

• Like 3

They told me I could be anything when I grow up, so I became a superhero.

Handbook for Applied Superheroics:

Ch 1 | Ch 2 | Ch 3 | Ch 4

Thank you! It was about $700 with tip (and by far the best artist in Arizona).

That's not as expensive as I though but I'm guessing in Australia it will probably be closer to $1000.. I need to get researching! (&saving...) haha.

• Like 1

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

1 2

As much as I am cruising the forums getting ideas and preparing for the next challenge block - must stop by here.

So many beautiful pieces of art with so much story behind it! Love it!

It has been over 2 years since my last tattoo. While the plan of getting the chest piece of my dreams is not set in stone, with money in hand, the chest piece will be my award for whatever challenge I am about to set myself.

As for what I have: Check em out hur!

• Like 1

As much as I am cruising the forums getting ideas and preparing for the next challenge block - must stop by here.

So many beautiful pieces of art with so much story behind it! Love it!

It has been over 2 years since my last tattoo. While the plan of getting the chest piece of my dreams is not set in stone, with money in hand, the chest piece will be my award for whatever challenge I am about to set myself.

As for what I have: Check em out hur!

Diggin the wings... those are pretty slick...

My first challenge