Forums are back in action! ×

The Job Thread.

Instrument technician - Currently out in the north sea in between Shetland and Norway.

Would I be right in assuming that you are not tuning pianos? :)

• Like 1

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

Main quest: 1st tier IT support and Admin (full time)

Side quest 1: Office cleaning (casual, own business)

Side quest 2: Electoral Commission Polling Booth Attendant (casual)

Side quest 3: Maker of insanely cool props for newborn photography (own business, VERY casual lol)

Bonus quest 1: Volunteer foster carer for local animal shelter

Bonus quest 2: Volunteer animal transport for local animal shelter

Bonus quest 3: Volunteer emergency animal rescue with Narga

• Like 1

HappyCat

Race: Khajit Herder Class: Adventurer

HappyCat's Battle Log

Current Challenge: HappyCat Takes It Up A Notch 

Past Challenges: 1 2   

Accountablilibuddies:  Walking to Mordor and Back Again

Where else to find me: My Fitness Pal  Fitbit Habitica

My life is basically a whole pile of 'It seemed like a good idea at the time' thrown together

Tune a fish...

You just won the award for corniest joke ever :love-struck:

Professional Organizer & Productivity Coach

I love what I do, I get to be my own boss, and I get to help people change their lives. Yay!

Damn, I need one of these, but I can't afford one :( It sounds like a very cool job :)

Main quest: 1st tier IT support and Admin (full time)

Side quest 1: Office cleaning (casual, own business)

Side quest 2: Electoral Commission Polling Booth Attendant (casual)

Side quest 3: Maker of insanely cool props for newborn photography (own business, VERY casual lol)

Bonus quest 1: Volunteer foster carer for local animal shelter

Bonus quest 2: Volunteer animal transport for local animal shelter

Bonus quest 3: Volunteer emergency animal rescue with Narga

geez thats A LOT of working! Do you sleep?

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Current Job: Truck Driver for PRIME Inc.

Former Jobs: Most recent to way way back in time

Uchi Deshi (live in Aikido student) at a dojo in Fresno CA

Itinerant wander and long distance cyclist that occasionally ate out of trash cans and worked on organic farms and trained in Aikido when he could.

Truck driver for PRIME Inc.

Itinerant wanderer and hitch hiker that occasionally taught nutrition and health related subjects. Also did natural construction (Cob houses, permaculture.)

Nurse Aide in a behavioral health nursing home in Washington State

Kirby Vacuum salesman (3 days, I hated sales. I was good though. Got a woman to buy a $2700 vacuum at $20 a month with 6% interest. I ripped up the contract after my boss congratulated me on closing and I informed the woman about what had just happened.)

Itinerant wanderer and backpacker: In Germany. Mugged in Germany, slept on the streets of Berlin. Fed myself by doing card tricks in local bars. Thank you YouTube for teaching me card magic in about 32 hours. Thank You  Bicycle for making cards that have the Air Cushion Finish and aren't complete shit. I only had one pack of cards in Berlin and couldn't find them ANYWHERE in Germany. I guarded those cards like my life depended on it!

EMT-B in Kentucky

Enlisted as a Hospital Corpsman US Navy.

Worked in various fast food.

Worked in a kitchen in a marina on Kentucky Lake. First real job. I was 13.

My life has had a lot of ups and downs, but all in all, its basically kicks ass.

Now I'm studying for my personal trainer cert the ACSM and driving a truck to rake up the dough to go to college for nutrition as it appears to be my one true love after all the varied things I have done.

Sometimes, I'm jealous of my own life.

• Like 4

Bryan, level 0

Human, Adventurer

STR |0DEX|0STA|0CON|0WIS|0CHA|0|

"One does not need money, status, or a building to practice The Art of Peace. Heaven is right where you are standing and THAT is the place to train."-- Morihei Ueshiba also affectionately known as Osensei

Save $20,000%
Save $20,000%

Study and Pass ACSM CPT exam%

Attain Shodan Rank in Aikido%

BattleLog
Challenge 1

Current job: Researcher for a background investigations firm.  Technically I'm an attorney because I did the whole going to law school/passing the bar/paying occupational taxes thing and I want to do some volunteer work with that on the side, but I'm very happy in my non-attorney position (even if I'm constantly asked why I even bothered with law school).

Previous jobs (reverse chronological order):
-Law Clerk at Subway HQ
-Legal intern at the law school's civil justice clinic
-Legal intern at a small general practice law firm

-Babysitter/taxi service/errand runner for one family
-Statistics TA (okay, it was for credits, not $)
-Intern at a data collection firm collecting info on paper companies worldwide

-German TA, teaching one basic German class each week
-Camp counselor at a country club (ugh)
-Substitute German School teacher (which I still do occasionally)
-So much babysitting

• Like 1

http://thecraftygerman.blogspot.com/

Amazon Princess, Level 2 Rebel

Starting Weight: 185 (May 1, 2017)/ Goal Weight: 160 / Current Weight: 170 (July 19, 2017)

Current Job: Truck Driver for PRIME Inc.

Former Jobs: Most recent to way way back in time

Uchi Deshi (live in Aikido student) at a dojo in Fresno CA

Itinerant wander and long distance cyclist that occasionally ate out of trash cans and worked on organic farms and trained in Aikido when he could.

Truck driver for PRIME Inc.

Itinerant wanderer and hitch hiker that occasionally taught nutrition and health related subjects. Also did natural construction (Cob houses, permaculture.)

Nurse Aide in a behavioral health nursing home in Washington State

Kirby Vacuum salesman (3 days, I hated sales. I was good though. Got a woman to buy a $2700 vacuum at $20 a month with 6% interest. I ripped up the contract after my boss congratulated me on closing and I informed the woman about what had just happened.)

Itinerant wanderer and backpacker: In Germany. Mugged in Germany, slept on the streets of Berlin. Fed myself by doing card tricks in local bars. Thank you YouTube for teaching me card magic in about 32 hours. Thank You  Bicycle for making cards that have the Air Cushion Finish and aren't complete shit. I only had one pack of cards in Berlin and couldn't find them ANYWHERE in Germany. I guarded those cards like my life depended on it!

EMT-B in Kentucky

Enlisted as a Hospital Corpsman US Navy.

Worked in various fast food.

Worked in a kitchen in a marina on Kentucky Lake. First real job. I was 13.

My life has had a lot of ups and downs, but all in all, its basically kicks ass.

Now I'm studying for my personal trainer cert the ACSM and driving a truck to rake up the dough to go to college for nutrition as it appears to be my one true love after all the varied things I have done.

Sometimes, I'm jealous of my own life.

I, too, did the Kirby thing for a few days. I couldn't handle the lies and the pressure to close. I'm a terrible salesperson! So, this lady I was showing it to told me I should work for her company instead, so I did.

• Like 1

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

I, too, did the Kirby thing for a few days. I couldn't handle the lies and the pressure to close. I'm a terrible salesperson! So, this lady I was showing it to told me I should work for her company instead, so I did.

Awesome. Glad that worked out.

Bryan, level 0

Human, Adventurer

STR |0DEX|0STA|0CON|0WIS|0CHA|0|

"One does not need money, status, or a building to practice The Art of Peace. Heaven is right where you are standing and THAT is the place to train."-- Morihei Ueshiba also affectionately known as Osensei

Save $20,000%
Save $20,000%

BattleLog
Challenge 1

It's crazy how many different jobs are on here!

I'm a Dog walker. Duties include, petting, snuggling and playing with dogs all day, providing a lap for sleepy puppies to nap on as well as Poop handling and breaking up dogfights. This job can be a little hard on my smiling muscles, but "ya gotta do what'cha gotta do" ya know?

• Like 4

My cousin in law sold those, and we bought one...and honestly, they are amazing vacuums and we love it, but I would hate to be a salesperson for them.

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Y'all have had some wild jobs!

DDRoonieRoo - Do you need an assistant?

For many years I made a career of floundering, being a part-time-student, and moving around. (Ma and Pa were so patient. Too patient!)

A couple of years ago I started working at a yarn/fabric shop in a small town. As far as retail goes, a pretty sweet gig. Then I kind of had one of my biannual existential crises, quit my job and went to work/live (wwoof) on a farm for 6 months. Overall, I loved it. Being outside, being near (and in) the soil, working with plants. But it was so, so exhausting.

I've been corresponding with my former boss at the yarn shop, and am planning to go back and work part-time while I go to school.

• Like 2

geez thats A LOT of working! Do you sleep?

I do, usually snuggled up with a ridiculous number of cats lol

HappyCat

Race: Khajit Herder Class: Adventurer

HappyCat's Battle Log

Current Challenge: HappyCat Takes It Up A Notch 

Past Challenges: 1 2   

Accountablilibuddies:  Walking to Mordor and Back Again

Where else to find me: My Fitness Pal  Fitbit Habitica

My life is basically a whole pile of 'It seemed like a good idea at the time' thrown together