Forums are back in action! ×

New Squat PR

Woot woot woot!!!!!!!

Ever, ever, ever so happy today! Achieved 1 rep of front squat at 35kgs!!!!! Unbelievable! We were working on an estimate of 30kgs but when I did a rep at 30, I knew I had it in me to go heavier but still never expected to get 35kg! Woot woot!

Ok, so this might not sound a lot to most of you guys, but for me this is an amazing day! I only managed to do my first bodyweight squat to depth in November after nearly 2 years of hard work (and an operation to remove 2 screws from my knee that were compromising my range of movement)

This is it now! NOTHING can stop me now, after all.... Everything comes to she who squats! ;)

*dances round the room like an idiot*

• Like 9

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Congrats! I'm fresh off of doing my first squats in years last night, so I'm loving the good squat vibes!

Level 2. Saiyan Warrior - Training with the Adventurers

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1

Powering Up Phase 1 - Shedding the Fat

Starting Weight: 250lbs | Current Weight: 215lbs | Goal Weight: 200lbs

Woot woot woot!!!!!!!

Ever, ever, ever so happy today! Achieved 1 rep of front squat at 35kgs!!!!! Unbelievable! We were working on an estimate of 30kgs but when I did a rep at 30, I knew I had it in me to go heavier but still never expected to get 35kg! Woot woot!

Ok, so this might not sound a lot to most of you guys, but for me this is an amazing day! I only managed to do my first bodyweight squat to depth in November after nearly 2 years of hard work (and an operation to remove 2 screws from my knee that were compromising my range of movement)

This is it now! NOTHING can stop me now, after all.... Everything comes to she who squats! ;)

*dances round the room like an idiot*

I knew it... robot... it's the only explanation...

Congrats, I can only imagine what the trip has been like... and don't discount 35kg.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Thanks guys! I'm still on a high from it today, woot woot! :D

Was prepared to be sore/stiff as Hell today, but it never happened. Maybe that's in store for me tomorrow, lol! Things are going so well for me lately, I honestly feel like I could post a woot each and every week. It just keeps on getting better.

I'm actually considering starting a battle log just so that I can keep a record of all this stuff, I'm pretty sure that this year is going to be amazing!

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Thought I'd just tag this on here rather than start a new post....

To start off, I felt like crap today. Slept really badly last night (haven't slept well for ages actually) and I was exhausted today, so really considered giving the gym a miss... But then I thought, if I get in there and give it a go and it sucks, well then it sucks. I can pack up and go home, nothing lost. It's not a failure to try and then fail, but to fail to try in the first place? Not happening today. No sirree

So I head off to the gym and get myself psyched up by rocking out to Nickleback on route and by the time I get there I'm feeling good. Got my head in the game. I can do this.

After discussing it with my trainer we decided to keep things simple to day and work on loading my deadlift. Long story short, we got it up to 67kgs - a new PR! And I felt like we could have tried to go one more round, gone a little higher...

Ok, so I know the numbers aren't that high, but my previous best was 65kgs, which was right before I ruptured the tendons in my hand. That means I'm finally back to the point I was at last summer before the sh*t hit the fan. AND (woot woot woot!) my grip felt solid, no slipping, yay!!!!!

Feeling goooooood now! :D

• Like 2