Forums are back in action! ×

First Ever 5K

Woot! Grats! :D

• Like 1

Gilgamelissa

race: wood elf | class: assassin

str 5 | dex 2 | sta 3 | con 3 | wis 0 | cha 0

"Mood? What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises — no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting." - Frank Herbert, Dune

logintroductionfirst challenge | second challenge | third challenge (current)

Thats exactly what you have to do.  Imagine yourself finishing it.    I ran across the finish line a couple days before the race.  Just went to where its spray painted on the road and ran about 20 feet to cross the lines a couple of times.  I know its kinda silly but having the memory of crossing that line was helpful in maintaining motivation when I wanted to stop and sit down during the race.  Post how you did  I'm cheering for you.

Thanks so much! I wouldn't be able to physically cross the line as the race is a bit of a drive from me, but happily I have a good imagination. You're right though. I got past my 25min run by imagining how good it would feel to tell people (and the woot room) that I had done it!

• Like 1

Crazyjerseygirl, Level 1 Beast Adventurer
STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 1