Forums are back in action! ×

Who is your fitness hero?

Samantha Wright appears to have a big fan base.

1384990141260.gif

I just spent 10 minutes watching this over and over without realizing it.  She's adorable - and has great form! (as far as I can tell)

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

Tony Horton

For a guy his age, he's in phenomenal shape.  I'm not sure a single person has had a greater impact on the world of fitness than Tony in decades.  Even Rip pays homage to Tony and the working out hard revolution that he sparked.  Tony's programs are still the gold standard for at home workout programs.

I say this as a person that's never done any of his programs (though my wife has) and really have only used one single video of his (Yoga X).  I have mad respect for Tony and what he's accomplished.

I actually spent a couple of months doing p90x before I found NF and started barbell training.  The first time I ever worked myself so hard that I vomited was to one of his DVDs!  Mad respect for the guy, I just couldn't do p90x.  Two reasons really - a 230lb dude jumping around in an apartment tends to be complained about by his neighbors and I tweaked my knee doing his plyo (very weak supporting muscles at the time), to the point I was on crutches for a while.  Thankfully my knee is doing much better, since I've learned about the joy of squatting. :D

level 4 Gnoll warrior

I adore Sarah Fragoso. Seriously. I'm a fan girl. I know she doesn't stand out as "fitness" per say, but I just want to grow up to be just like her. She's one of the two folks who runs Everyday Paleo (the podcast I listen to weekly). I even bought my family members her cookbooks for Christmas. 

Fan girl.

This girl.

Yup.

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Samantha Wright appears to have a big fan base.

1384990141260.gif

Oh.

My.

Goodness.

If I was a lesbian (and I'm probably only about 60-75% hetero anyway), this would be my type of girl. Holy shit, new girl crush.

What's that song? "A wiggle in the walk and a giggle in the talk, make the world go 'round. There ain't nothing in the world like a big eyed girl that make me act so funny, make me spend my money, make me feel real loose like a long-neck goose, like a girl. Awwww baby that'sa what I like!"

Also, Jen Comas Keck is pretty awesome and has tons of really cool pole videos on her instagram. She also has tons of pull up videos and that makes my little weak upper body dream big.

• Like 1

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

Really? No meatheads spouting about the awesomeness of Dan Green? No one saying "I want to be just like Dave Tate... minus the 500 career ending injuries of course?" What about Zydrunas Savickas and his badassery both off the floor and overhead? The lack of testosterone is disturbing.

On a more estrogenic note, Dana Linn Bailey and Larissa Reis are the reason my wife wants to get on stage. I can't say I mind one bit.

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

Dan Green the raw powerlifter

• Like 1

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

Probably my Uncle Bruce.

He got into fitness in the 70's and has been teaching group fitness classes since at least the 80's.  He's not jacked, but he's fit enough he can try something new (ball hockey, cross fit, curling etc) and have fun with it, without wondering if he'll be able to get out of bed the next morning.  Not a lot of men in their 60's can claim that.

• Like 3

PR's

5k - 21:29

10k - 47:26 43:29

21.1 - 2:05:26 1:44:21

Hulk Hogan was probably the first person i ever saw and was in absolute awe of as a kid. As i got older and into action movies Arnold was another physique that was very inspirational(how could you not be impressed by him as Conan?). Granted I've never wanted to get quite to the size of both of those guys, but they were by far my biggest influences in exercise(when i was younger anyway). both have used steroids in the past, but were both monsters even before the juice. Nowadays i'm more inspired by MMA athletes and the like for my goals. those guys have insane endurance and functional strength from hell. 

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Arnold admits to being on the needle since he was 15 years old. That still doesn't diminish his story or how inspirational it is.

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

Arnold admits to being on the needle since he was 15 years old. That still doesn't diminish his story or how inspirational it is.

He took bodybuilding mainstream, did a lot for the sport and he is a huge inspiration.

• Like 1

"If you look at the bar loaded with a ton of heavy slag iron and say to yourself that lifting this is gonna be fun, you are out of your mind and DC training is perfect for you" -

Dante Trudel

Sorry, some of us participate in Sports where JUICING in not a per-requisite

Oh you runners and your estrogen induced mood swings. You're just jealous of the meatheads, even us natural ones, with our huge swinging... arms and our long, thick... legs. The needle is hardly a prerequisite to move steel. It should be for "male" distance runners, though.

• Like 2

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

Henry Rollins.

One of my ultra long term goals is to say "I have lifted heavier than Henry did".  The only numbers I've read from him though are a 515DL and a 290 bench.

I have a LOT of work to do still...

The Iron by Henry Rollins

• Like 3

level 4 Gnoll warrior

Can I lament the lack of colourful personalities in the sport of running?  I get that they need to train all the time, but can we get a bit of humanity in the mix?  Running needs a Richard Sherman who stirs the pot.

Speaking of football, I really admire Colin Kaepernick's work ethic.  48 hours after losing the NFC Championship game, he was back at the 49ers training facility working out for the 2014 season.

PR's

Can I lament the lack of colourful personalities in the sport of running?  I get that they need to train all the time, but can we get a bit of humanity in the mix?  Running needs a Richard Sherman who stirs the pot.

Speaking of football, I really admire Colin Kaepernick's work ethic.  48 hours after losing the NFC Championship game, he was back at the 49ers training facility working out for the 2014 season.

PR's

Henry Rollins.

One of my ultra long term goals is to say "I have lifted heavier than Henry did".  The only numbers I've read from him though are a 515DL and a 290 bench.

I have a LOT of work to do still...

The Iron by Henry Rollins

Yes! I actually saw a guy today at the gym and was like, "is that Henry Rollins?!?" and then I realized he was too tall and not enough tattoos. Bummer. Sigh, a girl can dream right?

• Like 1

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5