Forums are back in action! ×

The dorkiest music you've listened to while working out!

Because I like these kinda threads!

What's the most embarrassing music you've listened to while working out? Not necessarily the worst music, just the music that'd make you cringe the most if your headphones popped out and everyone got to hear it through loudspeakers!

If you work out at home, what music do you allow yourself to shamelessly listen to, away from judging ears? What's the soundtrack of your home gym/runs?

Or, if you've got no shame whatsoever about your music taste, what's the most unusual music you're proud of pumping iron to?

Not counting the time I discovered a kid had stuck Justin Bieber's "One Time" on my phone (no idea where he got the MP3, I deleted it ASAP), I've got either:

Alvin and The Chipmunks movie soundtrack. (Christmas, Christmas time is heeeere~)

or

Apollo 3, a German pop-rock "boy band" that kicks way more ass than you'd expect. Got a few energetic songs that get you ready to kick butt (imo). Seriously, give em a listen.

Yeah, Western kids get to grow up to Miley Cyrus and Bieber, European kids get music like that. Bah.

Funnily enough, both of those two contain pretty high pitched voices. Doesn't bother me though. I just don't have a problem with kids singing. Some people do. Oh well. Anyway, can y'all top that? Or does Witch Doctor during clean and press take the cake?

Ting-ting walla walla bing bang.

"The smarter you get, the more you realize anything is possible." - Georges St-Pierre.

I Lurk No Moar!

Lord Foxington Smellybottom's training log! - Drop by and tell me what you think!

Musicals are probably the one thing I listen to while working out that I don't like people knowing I listen to while working out. There is something about a guy listening to wicked that I just don't think people would get. Then again in the middle of work a song came on that reminded me of, since it was inspired by the song, a song from the musical. Kind of hard to deny you like musicals when you recognize something like that.

What we are born with, we must make our own
Or it remains a mere appurtenance.
-Faust

Sometimes you just feel like listening to 80's pop to get you firing for a great workout. Eurythmics, Duran Duran, Devo, Blondie, David Bowie, Queen, that kinda stuff.

Oh hell yeah. My playlist always contains a healthy smattering of Queen and Bowie.

• Like 3

"The smarter you get, the more you realize anything is possible." - Georges St-Pierre.

I Lurk No Moar!

Lord Foxington Smellybottom's training log! - Drop by and tell me what you think!

I personally love this with an irrationality.  Its song number 6 in my playlist - lets me know when I've hit the 30 minute mark. 

• Like 2

ColoQ  ||   Level: 0
Techno Troll  ||  Assassin   
=========================
Current Challenge: 0 - V.2
Previous Challenges: ,
--------------------------------------------------
STR 0     ||   DEX 0    ||  STA 0
CON 0     ||    WIS 0    ||  CHA 0

Ok, ok! I'll admit it..... I *occasionally* listen to country & western. Well ok, so maybe it's more like sometimes. But just when I'm line dancing.

Oh no! Now you know about the line dancing too! Dear Gods, the shame! I'll get my coat....

• Like 3

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I personally love this with an irrationality. Its song number 6 in my playlist - lets me know when I've hit the 30 minute mark.

This is awesome! Love love love!

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I listen to anything in my headphones because it's like reading on a Kindle. Nobody knows what you're reading, so go ahead and read whatever you want! This includes: Miley Cyrus, that song that's like, "hey, I just met you, and this is craAAaazy", pretty much anything awful and catchy and pop-y. Anything 80s. Caribbean Queen by Billy Ocean? I recently loaded up my iPod with 90s R&B. It's really bad but really good at the same time.

I found myself listening to selected tracks from Paul Simon's Graceland today. Somehow it worked with stretching....

• Like 1

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

I listen to anything in my headphones because it's like reading on a Kindle. Nobody knows what you're reading, so go ahead and read whatever you want! This includes: Miley Cyrus, that song that's like, "hey, I just met you, and this is craAAaazy", pretty much anything awful and catchy and pop-y. Anything 80s. Caribbean Queen by Billy Ocean? I recently loaded up my iPod with 90s R&B. It's really bad but really good at the same time.

I found myself listening to selected tracks from Paul Simon's Graceland today. Somehow it worked with stretching....

Yup. I even have her poster on my wall.

This one is always on the running playlist:

Yup. I even have her poster on my wall.

This one is always on the running playlist:

Oh god. Taylor Swift. I'd probably jam out to "You Belong to Me" or "We Are Never Ever Ever Getting Back Together" if I wouldn't get ridiculed by my own self for purchasing those songs.

And of course, for group workouts, these two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s

MORE ENERGY.

Oh my. I've never seen/hear this Arnold song, fantastic. I definitely listen to some cheesy 70s-80s music during workouts.

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

One time Rainbow Connection by Kermit The Frog came on while I was halfway through a set.

Yeah, don't ask me why I have that song on my mp3 player.

Because its Awesome! though I put that it my squishy romantic playlist, over a general playlist. I have a specific playlist for rocking out. 

I think you have it on your mp3 player because it's wicked awesome

Truth. 

to make such that I'm not just agreeing with someone else when I post: here is a fun story in line with the thread. 

A friend of mine once went to Philadelphia, and decided, while there, to climb the climb the Rocky Steps (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_Steps). You know, like what Sylvester Stallone did in Rocky 1. So.. he puts the theme song to Rocky on his Girlfriends ipod. and commences his ascent. Midway through, he bumps the iPod in some way, and the next song in a random playlist comes on..

What song you ask?  Dancing Queen by Abba.  Not the most masculine or "epic" way to surmount said obstacle!

• Like 1

I confess I listened to the whole Abba song... and then listened to another one. I think am a secret Abba fan. Still don't think I would put them on my workout play list.

Deslok

Level 2 Human Adventurer

Stats: STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 3 CON - 3 WIS - 3 CHA - 2

Begin Date: 1/6/2014 - Target Date: 1/5/2015

Begin Weight: 302.5 lbs - Current Weight: 288.0 lbs - Target Weight: 200 lbs

Height: 5'8" - Age: 43

Daily Battle Log No longer updated

6  Week Challenges

4th challenge

I Floop the Pig!

Korpiklaani, finntroll... other fun folk metal bands. By far the nerdiest things to pop into my playlists. There's accordion and everything it might as well be speed polka

On the Metal front, I recently found and have subsequently added this to my workout mix.. 

Also, I found yesterday that the soundtrack to the Lego movie is fun and energetic enough. 

Damn these work filters!  I can't see any of the Youtube links y'all are posting.  

Anyway, on topic, I usually don't bring headphones with me to the gym.  I just listen to whatever satellite radio station they have going at the time.  

If I were to bring an MP3 player, it'd be mostly metalcore bands like In This Moment, Killswitch Engage, All That Remains.  

I do have a soft spot for Katy Perry though.  Couldn't tell you why, and I'd never voluntarily buy her album, but if it comes on the radio, I get pretty hyped up. 

• Like 2

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I, too, don't often bring headphones to the gym.  They either pop out of my ear, get in the way, or make me feel claustrophobic if I'm wearing a ball cap.  But the few times I have, I throw on the Film Scores station on Pandora get under the bar.  Haha set a bench PR listening to Hakuna Matata...its a wonderful thing.

Recently, when I get in the room before other I throw some Bach on the speakers

• Like 1

Damn these work filters!  I can't see any of the Youtube links y'all are posting.  

Anyway, on topic, I usually don't bring headphones with me to the gym.  I just listen to whatever satellite radio station they have going at the time.  

If I were to bring an MP3 player, it'd be mostly metalcore bands like In This Moment, Killswitch Engage, All That Remains.

I do have a soft spot for Katy Perry though.  Couldn't tell you why, and I'd never voluntarily buy her album, but if it comes on the radio, I get pretty hyped up. 

YES! Love those bands!

• Like 1

YES! Love those bands!

Glad to see another Metalhead here on NF!  You might give ITM a try too.  Female lead, but they have similarities to both of the others.  I personally prefer their early stuff more than their new stuff.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™