Forums are back in action! ×

Very first post ever, new to Nerd Fitness, and not exactly sure what to write!! I stumbled across Nerd Fitness about a week ago now when I was trying to research workouts and fitness (over the past six months I've slowly worked on integrating workouts and better eating into my days) and I think I've found a place I want to stay, so I'm jumping in with both feet!

I'm working on firming up my goals, right now I'm just trying to get some more information; I've started off with bodyweight workouts, and I'm interested in weight lifting (maybe eventually powerlifting??) and martial arts (I'm researching local classes atm).

I'm excited to get started and get involved! 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums!

I myself found out about NF about a month ago.
Never knew there was a small community of individuals who share so many similarities and the drive to become healthy.

I myself have struggles with weight loss for let's say a great chunk of my life.
When I was 18 I was at an unhealthy 300 lbs.
I have gone a great way to get to my current weight (170 lbs.) 
But I will tell you this from my personal experience.
Body weight workouts are the best!
I avoid lifting fixed weights and machines.
Compound body movements will get you functional strength and the body shape that corresponds to you (whether you're an endomorph, mesomorph, or ectomorph)
It will lean you out, and it will bring happiness and fun into your life and workouts.

I as well as you have an interest in martial arts, who knows. Maybe I will stumble upon you in the future (not gonna fight tho, unless there's some sort of travel give away if I win or something)

Wish you the best on your goals.
Don't give up, remember the mind rules the body, not the other way around!

P.S. If you need assistance with bodyweight workouts, do not hesitate to message me.
For now I would say look up Al Kavadlo and Danny Kavadlo (They are in the body calisthenics and street workout field. Pretty badass stuff if you ask me). 
I can't promise I'll respond right away, but I will do my best to log on once or twice a day. 

• Like 1

Welcome fellow nerd. I'm new here to, the creator basically confirmed my way of thinking could work (Been wanting to see my life as an RPG for a long time, it wasn't till I found Nerd Fitness I actually started doing it) I have similar goals, was thinking of body building and Martial Arts with a bit of Parkour just to amuse myself XD

It is good you basically already started, look forward to supporting you.

• Like 1

Life Level 0 Half Orc

Exp to Next Level

0%
0%

Fit Level 0 Adventurer

| STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 |

Upcoming Challange: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/48060-allen-titan-less-allen-more-titan/

"They need something to look up to. Having something nice to look at is just a bonus"

Welcome to the forums!

I myself found out about NF about a month ago.

Never knew there was a small community of individuals who share so many similarities and the drive to become healthy.

I myself have struggles with weight loss for let's say a great chunk of my life.

When I was 18 I was at an unhealthy 300 lbs.

I have gone a great way to get to my current weight (170 lbs.) 

But I will tell you this from my personal experience.

Body weight workouts are the best!

I avoid lifting fixed weights and machines.

Compound body movements will get you functional strength and the body shape that corresponds to you (whether you're an endomorph, mesomorph, or ectomorph)

It will lean you out, and it will bring happiness and fun into your life and workouts.

I as well as you have an interest in martial arts, who knows. Maybe I will stumble upon you in the future (not gonna fight tho, unless there's some sort of travel give away if I win or something)

Wish you the best on your goals.

Don't give up, remember the mind rules the body, not the other way around!

P.S. If you need assistance with bodyweight workouts, do not hesitate to message me.

For now I would say look up Al Kavadlo and Danny Kavadlo (They are in the body calisthenics and street workout field. Pretty badass stuff if you ask me). 

I can't promise I'll respond right away, but I will do my best to log on once or twice a day. 

Welcome fellow nerd. I'm new here to, the creator basically confirmed my way of thinking could work (Been wanting to see my life as an RPG for a long time, it wasn't till I found Nerd Fitness I actually started doing it) I have similar goals, was thinking of body building and Martial Arts with a bit of Parkour just to amuse myself XD

It is good you basically already started, look forward to supporting you.

Thanks guys! It's great to have support :) What martial arts are the both of you into? I've narrowed down to three local choices and I'm still deciding which to go with (and save up for D:)

augie, I might take you up on that; I really enjoy bodyweight workouts and definitely want to make it a consistent thing/keep building on it. Thanks a bunch!

Hey LittleOne,

I'm new to the forums as well, though have been reading the blogs for a couple of months.

My suggestion is that you look at firming up your goals (I'm still in the process myself), and get ready for the new Level 1 Rebel challenge (newbie challenge) that starts in June. I'm just doing a mini version of it myself since I came in half way through, but using the time to read other people's logs and get ideas.

Welcome to the community!

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Krav Maga is offered here and I've always been interested in it. I used to go to Taikwando when I was younger but left due to asthma.

Most of my interest came from Oriental martial arts so it would be cool to learn the Shaolin Kung Fu or Ninjutsu, but I also want some weapons skills, staff and sword mostly. I've always been an open person, my step brother was even trying to teach me to be a wrestler in high school (Though an rather weak, skinny 120lb boy has no chance against a thick already buff 180lb man XD)

In short, it's all decided by what is available and what I can actually learn, some people aren't good teachers no matter how good their skills are.

Life Level 0 Half Orc

Exp to Next Level

0%
0%

Fit Level 0 Adventurer

| STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 |

Upcoming Challange: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/48060-allen-titan-less-allen-more-titan/

"They need something to look up to. Having something nice to look at is just a bonus"

petefeet: in the process! I'm going to sit down tomorrow though and actually write down my short and long term goals so really have them specific and in writing - and I'm going to start documenting progress, I think that would be a good thing for me. And I definitely have to look into the challenges!

Allen: the classes that are offered closest to me are taikwando, aikido, and jiu jitsu (I'm still debating!). My sister's ex boyfriend took taikwando, ever since he was young; loved it and highly recommended it. I'm kind of leaning towards jiu jitsu; but I'm going to try and look into the specific establishments and their instructors a bit more.

• Like 1

I'll be honest.
I have the interest... haven't done much.
I have a background in Karate, as I used to do it during my childhood/teen years.
But I am rusty.

One martial art I have recently gained interest in is Capoeira, although Aikido wouldn't be a bad choice.
I like the philosophy behind the technique of Aikido.

Anyhow, ever since I have made progressions with bodyweight workouts I am gaining more interest in Capoeira.
This is due to the fact that a lot of the moves from advanced bodyweight workouts can easily be compounded to make a capoeira move.
Not to mention, an acquaintance I made at the park I workout at does Capoeira.
After speaking to him he explained to me how once you develop the strength and agility to perform the moves, Capoeira becomes a full body workout.
And I can say after looking at the way he performed I am intrigued.
It looks tough as hell, but it definitely looks fun.
Nothing is impossible though, I am working towards starting to practice some moves.
But my main focus for now is to just get a handstand to hold for longer than 5 seconds, then after I can perform a handstand pushup I think I am ready to dive into Capoeira full on.

I saw the way the challenges work at nerd fitness, I feel like I have to start setting some up.
I have been stalled for a bit since I had an infection from eating dirt 3 weeks ago while pretending I was Tony Hawk on a Longboard.
I scrapped my ankle in 3 places and I guess I must not have taken good care of it that I managed to get an infection... till today I am trying to heal that sucker.

Well, time to get going with the munching.
It's lunch time!!!
Hahaha

Cheers!