Forums are back in action! ×

What nerdy/crazy/weird stuff do you do?

Hey, if you're planning a sustainable colony, don't forget to plant some good hardwood trees like oak or black walnut.  Edible nuts, wood for tools, weapon hafts, etc, and tannin for curing hides.

Loving where this thread has led!

As for surviving the Zombie Apocalypse, I think I'll just get a nuclear air craft carrier. No need for fuel for the next 20-30 years, plenty of space and the possibility to use the mini-guns to blast zombies from a safe distance.

I see no flaws with my plan, just need to call Obama and have him give me one of his.

You guys are onto it! Although I would get sick of being in the air for so long..

I wonder if that is why our idiot Prime Minister over blew the budget by buying fighter planes WE DON't need. He's a prepper?

He's definitely a prepper - 'Let's make University and general education unobtainable for the poor so the poor can stay stupid and therefore us rich folk can TAKEOVERTHEWORLD'. He won't be using the fighter planes for the Aussie Military, just for his own personal benefit. It's going to end up like Game of Thrones or something, where Abbott decides he is the rightful King and uses the fighter planes to hunt down Julia Gillard and Kevin07.  

• Like 1

Egg, Level 1

Dragon, Adventurer

| STR 2 | DEX 0 | STA 1 | CON 0 | WIS 7 | CHA 0

1 2

Bawhahaha!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE where this thread has gone! :D

Ive wondered what to do about medicines.... I reckon the hospitals and chemists will get raided pretty quickly. Do we have any herbologists on here?

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Ive wondered what to do about medicines.... I reckon the hospitals and chemists will get raided pretty quickly. Do we have any herbologists on here?

I really like this article about edible plants.  Being in the UK I don't know if you have them all though.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I really like this article about edible plants.  Being in the UK I don't know if you have them all though.

I had thought about going and planting edible plants in the woods near my house, let grow, then grab some later. Maybe, just maybe they can be my secret

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

We need a lesson in traditional medicines from the traditional owners of this land, a lot have great medicinal properties but like our animals a lot can kill you dead.

Or undead.... ;)

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Depends on the medicine.. something like insulin would be very difficult to store or produce. Disinfectants are easy and cheap (stash a lot of high proof vodka for multiple uses).

Fish Antibiotics can be obtained cheaply are are similar to human antibiotics and don't require prescriptions.. though it should go without saying you should do significant research before dosing yourself with fish pills.

• Like 1

Oh, and I have a stuffed Dalek on my desk. Nobody at my office knows from Doctor Who, so I had to explain it a lot.

When I get a text, my phone says "exterminate." Scares everyone around me lol. I have to explain to. I even pulled out videos in you tub this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.†― Henry Ford

Epic Quest

First Challenge          Second Challenge         Third Challenge

Depends on the medicine.. something like insulin would be very difficult to store or produce. Disinfectants are easy and cheap (stash a lot of high proof vodka for multiple uses).

Fish Antibiotics can be obtained cheaply are are similar to human antibiotics and don't require prescriptions.. though it should go without saying you should do significant research before dosing yourself with fish pills.

On top of that, taking care of your health will help reduce the need for meds...

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

However in a semi starved state due to hunting gathering lifestyles, would modern diseases such as insulin dependant diabetes not cull out the weakest and leave the strongest and healthiest? Are we looking to Darwinism?

In my research, a hunter/gatherer lifestyle would eliminate diabetes just based on daily nutrient intake... :-)

My first challenge