Forums are back in action! ×

Hi Everyone

So, after a few years of reading the blog I have taken the plunge and signed up for the Nerd Fitness forums!

I wouldn't normally put myself "out there" like this but after plateauing with my goals for the past six months I really wanted to sign up for the next challenge and am hoping the greater accountability will help me hit my targets!

I lost about 36 lbs last year, motivated by losing my mom to cancer. Just after my mom died I signed up for my first Tough Mudder and gave myself about six months to get ready for it!

I spent last summer doing a mix of running (eventually up to 20 miles a week) plus strength training (I did P90X on my non-running days).

After Tough Mudder I think I burned out a bit and injured my Sacroiliac Joint. I didn't do any exercise for six months but I recently finished treatment and have started training again, following a walk/running program and training for my next Tough Mudder in July!

I'll be signing up for the next Challenge on the 9th and hopefully being part of this community will be a big help in meeting my goals!

• Like 2

Level 2 Assassin
Tough Mudder Legionaire

Dad Dancer
STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

Life is full of misery, loneliness and suffering and it's all over much too soon - Woody Allen

My Challenges: Current Challenge, 1st Challenge

My Battle Log

Welcome and thanks for joining the Rebellion!!

My condolences on your mother.  We lost my younger brother to pancreatic cancer in September.  I've been finding geocaches in his honor (it's a hobby we both shared), and I think your races are a great tribute!!

Did you find the Level 1 area?  That's where we start off new Rebels and help them set good goals to be successful with their challenges.

So good luck; let me know if you have any questions!

• Like 2

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Thanks Chris and my condolences on the loss of your brother. I have read about the level 1 area and will definitely be posting there :-)

Level 2 Assassin
Tough Mudder Legionaire

Dad Dancer
STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

Life is full of misery, loneliness and suffering and it's all over much too soon - Woody Allen

My Challenges: Current Challenge, 1st Challenge

My Battle Log

I am running a Race For Life at the end of the month.  I will be running it in honour of my mother-in-law who died of bowel cancer.

Cancer sucks.    :hurt:

M x

• Like 1

Xanjra - Level 3 - Human

STR - 1 / DEX - 1 / STA - 8 / CON - 9 / WIS - 6 / CHA - 4

Challenge - 1 (Rebel) Challenge - 2 (Adventurer) Challenge - 3 (Adventurer)

Spoiler

Battle Log 2014

UK Support Group

Long Term Goals Support

'Rule #1 - Cardio.  Zombies lead a very active life style; so should you.'  Zombieland.

Amen!! I'm doing Relay for Life on the 28th!

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)