Forums are back in action! ×

Workout Tracking Apps?

Tried to do a search, but "app" is under the 4 character minimum :)

Anyone have a recommendation for a great app to track my workouts?  I just want to be able to build out my plan (basic 3-day/week plan) and track my progress.

Thanks all!

Level 1 Elf - Professional Goal: Ranger (with a little bit of Warrior)
STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2 

Don't Give Up:
Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish - John Quincy Adams

Overcome Anxiety: 
You don't have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you - Dan Millman

Failure Has a Purpose:
Why do we fall sir? So we might learn to pick ourselves up -Alfred (Batman Begins)

Fitocracy comes to mind first. I have a few others I use, but I still put them in to fitocracy.

For lifting, I use Multi Year Weight Training App. I follow madcow on it, but you can build your own program (for a fee) or follow one of many programs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Excuse any short replies, please.

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.†― Henry Ford

Epic Quest

First Challenge          Second Challenge         Third Challenge

Fitocracy comes to mind first. I have a few others I use, but I still put them in to fitocracy.

For lifting, I use Multi Year Weight Training App. I follow madcow on it, but you can build your own program (for a fee) or follow one of many programs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Excuse any short replies, please.

Thanks MrsFitz!  I'll check them out.

Level 1 Elf - Professional Goal: Ranger (with a little bit of Warrior)
STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2 

Don't Give Up:
Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish - John Quincy Adams

Overcome Anxiety: 
You don't have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you - Dan Millman

Failure Has a Purpose:
Why do we fall sir? So we might learn to pick ourselves up -Alfred (Batman Begins)

I have a similar question: anyone know of a tracking app that does not connect to facebook/twitter/internet/anythingatall?  Literally I just want to type in my workout and that's it.  Don't care about sharing it or any of that jazz.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I have been using Livestrong's MyPlate App for about two years.  I can't speak to how it compares to other apps but I do like that I don't have to hook into it with my facebook or twittter account (it is online access though).  I find the iphone version much less glitchy and has more features than the android version (for instance, you can turn on motion tracking with the iphone and it will deduct calories you "burn" based on the motion it senses from your total calories consumed throughout the day as long as the phone is on you).  The downside of the app is that the free version is full of ads, but you only need to pay 99 cents if you want to get rid of that.  You can use your account to sync your app data with your other devices such as a PC.  I find the website has a few more options than the app as well, such as mapping out loops for running/biking that you can then log as part of your fitness tally for the day.  You can also create meals, and recipes that automatically add up calories for your custom food creations.  If a food item is not in their database you can add it by submitting a nutrition label so that Livestrong can verify it.  All in all I have found this combination of website+app food and fitness tracking to be very useful for me.  I hope this info helps you!

• Like 1

Level: 3 Race: Human-Wood Elf Hybrid Class: Rebel

[STR - 1] [DEX - 1] [STA - 8] [CON - 7] [WIS - 13] [CHA - 3]

4th Challenge

3rd Challenge/Reboot

2nd Challenge

1st (half) Challenge

MyFitnessPal

For logging without points or social media: https://thesquatrack.com/ It's still in beta, but should be opening up soon. I don't believe there is any talk of an app though.

I'm also checking out this one: http://www.weighttraining.com/ USAW partners with them, so I thought it might be worth checking out. There's also an app, I believe.

I used to use fitocracy, but found it doesn't really cover the kinds of exercises that I do on a regular basis. That's only because I do very specialized exercises for my weightlifting training though, so you probably won't run into that.

• Like 1

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

I'm also checking out this one: http://www.weighttraining.com/ USAW partners with them, so I thought it might be worth checking out. There's also an app, I believe.

That one is pretty sweet.  Haven't found an app for it yet, but still looking.  It is interesting though, after I filled out the basic profile, I left the "calories per day" blank because I flat don't know.  It still gave me a "B" for my diet grade.  lol.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

That one is pretty sweet.  Haven't found an app for it yet, but still looking.  It is interesting though, after I filled out the basic profile, I left the "calories per day" blank because I flat don't know.  It still gave me a "B" for my diet grade.  lol.  

They're like "WOOHOO! YOU ATE TODAY! B+++!"

I just downloaded the app on my iphone. I'll give it a shot. I still write down all my workouts in my notebook, but wouldn't mind switching to electronic if it's easy.

• Like 2

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs

Spoiler

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

They're like "WOOHOO! YOU ATE TODAY! B+++!"

I just downloaded the app on my iphone. I'll give it a shot. I still write down all my workouts in my notebook, but wouldn't mind switching to electronic if it's easy.

Same here.   Sadly, their android app isn't out of Beta yet.  I'll just wait for it and see what it's like. 

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I've been using an app for Android called Redy Gym Log - you can set up different routines and then it's very simple to log, if you're doing the same weight/reps as last time it's one button. I didn't realize until recently that you can swipe sideways to go back/forward to the next exercise. It starts with a few exercises built in, you can easily add more, it's really just a name. Only thing I'd like it to do that it doesn't do is tracking negative weight (e.g. assisted pull ups). It has a sharing button if you want to share your exercises, but it doesn't do it automatically nor is it in your face about it. I share it to Runkeeper so I can keep track of all of my workouts online somewhere. After using it for a few weeks I upgraded to premium to get extra graphs and stuff (and to support the developer!), I forget how much it was but something around $5.

"None of us can choose to be perfect, but all of us can choose to be better." - Lou Schuler, New Rules of Lifting for Women

I don't do weights...I just do exercises with reps...is there one that does body weight exercises?

Fitocracy allows you to differentiate between body weight, free weight and machine variations of most exercises.

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

I use FitNotes: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.github.jamesgay.fitnotes&hl=en

It's just a tracker, nothing fancy, but it works.

This actually looks perfect! Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs

Spoiler

Instagram - MyFitnessPal