Forums are back in action! ×

Quidditch Round 2 (Push-ups)

I'd be interested if I understood the "Points" thingie right....

Example:

So  have 13 as starting point. In the week I do lets say 13+7+8+14+13+13+15= 83

83 divided by 13 are 6.3 so I score 6 points?

And then they will be adjusted.

Is that how it works?

Katastrophenkatzchen - Progress, not Perfection!

Race: Troll | Class : one ambitious  Druid-kitty

Level: 2 | STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: 0,5, 1, 2 , Babysteps

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

No alcohol (12/42) 26/9/14

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

I'd be interested if I understood the "Points" thingie right....

Example:

So  have 13 as starting point. In the week I do lets say 13+7+8+14+13+13+15= 83

83 divided by 13 are 6.3 so I score 6 points?

And then they will be adjusted.

Is that how it works?

Yes, that is the adjustment. Simply put, your points are how many times over you complete your max, although they can be spaced in smaller groups throughout your non-rest days or the week as a whole.

The sheet is updated to include everyone who posted before here. I still need a game one AMRAP in 60s for Wildross. Currently Griffindor and Ravenclaw have 4 people each, with 3 people each for Slytherin and Hufflepuff.

• Like 1

Species: Elven Vampire

Class: Assassin

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

Hello guys I would like to join.

My preffered house would be Slytherin followed by Hufflepuff.

Any position would be fine with me.

I did 20 standard pushups in 1 minute.

So should I add myself in the spreadsheet or will you do this Harika?

Everyone should be able to add his or her own information, but I added you in.

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

Alright, as I'm a Ravenclaw (seriously, I just recently remembered Pottermore and that's where I was sorted) I think it is my duty to support my house! I'm in! I'll brave the bludgers!  I haven't done my 60s AMRAP yet. Not picky on position either. I suppose I'll let my captain decide that. I'll post my AMRAP at some point tomorrow.

• Like 1

Glingaerben the Wood Elf

Level 1 Ranger Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: #1, 2

Battle Log

Alright, as I'm a Ravenclaw (seriously, I just recently remembered Pottermore and that's where I was sorted) I think it is my duty to support my house! I'm in! I'll brave the bludgers!  I haven't done my 60s AMRAP yet. Not picky on position either. I suppose I'll let my captain decide that. I'll post my AMRAP at some point tomorrow.

Yay for Pottermore!

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

Welcome to Hufflepuff my dear Leothil! :D 

(I probably should dust off my Pottermore account, haha)

• Like 2

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

Welcome to Hufflepuff my dear Leothil! :D

(I probably should dust off my Pottermore account, haha)

Thank you, sweet Arya! ^^

Pottermore rocks, but right now my account is on hiatus until new chapters arrive. :)

Level 4 Half-Elf Assassin

(that dabbles with the scouts)

Tumblr | Blog | Epic quest

"There is no such thing as perfection. The world itself is imperfect; that's what makes it so beautiful."

Ok, so I am following Hazard's urging and will join the game. I am happy to go where ever we need to even out the teams ("Not Slytherin" lol), or with whichever team does not mind having a handicap (maybe it should be Slytherin? lol.)

My AMRAP doing incline pushups on about a 2-foot high bench is 15.

I am not adding myself to the spreadsheet until we see if other people joining today have a House preference.

• Like 3

Ok, so I am following Hazard's urging and will join the game. I am happy to go where ever we need to even out the teams ("Not Slytherin" lol), or with whichever team does not mind having a handicap (maybe it should be Slytherin? lol.)

My AMRAP doing incline pushups on about a 2-foot high bench is 15.

I am not adding myself to the spreadsheet until we see if other people joining today have a House preference.

Hufflepuff or Gryfindor then. Anything unbalanced by the end of today (perhaps 3 hours from now?) will get an averaging player. We should be open to new players being added between games too.

• Like 1

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

Is it okay to update the spreadsheet every time I do push-ups? If I put them in a =sum()-function in my points-cell, it'll be easy to see if any double-posts turn up, and I would have an easier time remembering how many push-ups I have done.

• Like 2

Level 4 Half-Elf Assassin

(that dabbles with the scouts)

Tumblr | Blog | Epic quest

"There is no such thing as perfection. The world itself is imperfect; that's what makes it so beautiful."

Is it okay to update the spreadsheet every time I do push-ups? If I put them in a =sum()-function in my points-cell, it'll be easy to see if any double-posts turn up, and I would have an easier time remembering how many push-ups I have done.

I'll have a hard time remembering too! Haven't found a solution yet.

So are we doing 60 second AMRAPs each day and then posting it here? Or just posting the total number of push ups we complete each day, regardless of when or how close together? 

The sets can be brocken into smaller workouts so I guess we don't have to do AMRAP. Instead we do push-ups and add how many we did a day.

On the end of this week we add our total to the spreadsheet.

That's how I understood it....

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

Oh no! Is it too late to sign up now? :(

IMHO, let CurryNinja take the place of one of the NPCs since it is SO early in the week. What is the most pushups (any kind) you can do in a minute, CurryNinja?

• Like 2

So are we doing 60 second AMRAPs each day and then posting it here? Or just posting the total number of push ups we complete each day, regardless of when or how close together? 

Total number of pushups is how I understand it.

I think it will be more fun if we at least update the spreadsheet each day with out daily total. Then we can see how we are faring against the competition. :)

I don't know anything about the functions you are talking about, but we can at least manually add them. (My cell says 9, and I just did 8 more, so I replace the 9 with 17).

I keep track of many of my workouts in a Note in my phone, then put it into my Spreadsheet of Awesomeness later in the day or the next day. Barely better than a piece of paper, but works for me. :)

exercise sets phone note

Yes, that is actually preferred as it will feel more like a competition and less like just catching the snitch. Using SUM is a wonderful idea on top of that!

The AMRAP is just to have a number to divide your score by. Otherwise, do as many as you like in any number of sets or spacing that you want. I would prefer re-testing your 60s max each week but if someone is against that using the same number is allowed. Re-testing shows improvement and adjusts for fatigue or improvement.

I'll have a hard time remembering too! Haven't found a solution yet.

The sets can be brocken into smaller workouts so I guess we don't have to do AMRAP. Instead we do push-ups and add how many we did a day.

On the end of this week we add our total to the spreadsheet.

That's how I understood it....

Yep!

Oh no! Is it too late to sign up now? :(

Eh, I will allow. Slytherin or Gryffindor? (If you let me know sometime before or on Saturday I can move teams around as people join or leave.) I have not read from Wildross in Hufflepuff but I will just make that an NPC averager if he remains MIA. Come to think of it, it is silly to give G&S, competing teams, NPCs. :P

IMHO, let CurryNinja take the place of one of the NPCs since it is SO early in the week. What is the most pushups (any kind) you can do in a minute, CurryNinja?

Yep.

Total number of pushups is how I understand it.

I think it will be more fun if we at least update the spreadsheet each day with out daily total. Then we can see how we are faring against the competition. :)

I don't know anything about the functions you are talking about, but we can at least manually add them. (My cell says 9, and I just did 8 more, so I replace the 9 with 17).

I keep track of many of my workouts in a Note in my phone, then put it into my Spreadsheet of Awesomeness later in the day or the next day. Barely better than a piece of paper, but works for me. :)

Yes.

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

Eh, I will allow. Slytherin or Gryffindor? (If you let me know sometime before or on Saturday I can move teams around as people join or leave.) I have not read from Wildross in Hufflepuff but I will just make that an NPC averager if he remains MIA. Come to think of it, it is silly to give G&S, competing teams, NPCs. :P

Yay!!! Gryffindor please :D I just took the Pottermore test hahaha Sorry for the inconvenience!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk