Forums are back in action! ×

I'm here. I'm weird. Get used to it. :)

Hello! I'm AquaPandaManda, but you can call me Amanda. *bows*

I am.... the fattest I've ever been. From being an underweight and gangly child, I gained weight pretty steadily when I discovered computers and stopped spending 14 hours a day outside running around. I also have a pretty sedentary job where I sit at a computer 8 hours a day with a 1-hour lunch break (usually eating fried food at my desk that I bought downstairs in the cafeteria). My wonderful job does have a lot of amenities: a 24-hour snack shop, free fountain Coke products... 

I've been divorced for a year. I'm 32 years old. I'm 6'1" tall. I'm sick of making excuses and not taking action.

For my wedding 4 years ago, I dropped 40lbs in about 6 months to fit into my wedding dress. Then I decided I really didn't want to do math in order to eat. Not to mention the highly chemicalized and processed "low fat" food they recommended eating to squeeze the most out of my daily "points". Nope.

So I decided I needed to change my whole life. I joined the company gym (where I spend most lunch hours nowadays), I started phasing out processed foods for paleo-friendly foods, and I am going to attempt to break my addiction to Coke (the caramel-colored drinky fizzy kind).

So if you have any advice to give someone whose motto is "I'll procrastinate tomorrow", I'm all for it.

Thank you!

Witchy Ranger

Lose 100lbs by July 15, 2015 (305lbs down to 205lbs)

5%
5%

Measurements:

Start: Neck - 15.5 in       Chest - 49 in       Biceps - 15.5 in       Waist - 45 in       Hips - 55 in       Thigh - 32 in       Calf - 19 in

Current: Neck - 15.5 in       Chest - 49 in       Biceps - 15 in       Waist - 43 in       Hips - 53 in       Thigh - 30 in       Calf - 18 in

Hi, Amanda!  I feel you on the work cafeteria... breaking myself of that habit is still a work in progress.  Isn't having a gym available at the office awesome, though?  I've been using mine for awhile, and it's so convenient for someone like me who is too much of a night-owl to wake up to exercise before work...

I used to procrastinate a lot.  I'm not sure how I got on track this time (IT'S A MYSTERY) but I think an exercise challenge at work and wanting to win did it (and I did indeed win over a lot of fitter people!).  Since this site's whole philosophy is built around winning, I think it might work well for you!  Let me know if you want an accountabilibuddy to poke at you to gym and eat well, I'm always happy to chat fitness.

"Low fat" food is loaded with chemicals and generally awful.  Screw you, Weight Watchers.  I've had good results with energy and stamina increases by just home-cooking everything and kicking processed foods out the door.  I do count calories, though, guilty as charged.  I've been using MyFitnessPal, which has helped me get a good view of what I'm eating and has also helped me learn to make better choices (since it counts proteins, various vitamins, etc, as well as sugars and etc).  Not sure if that's a point of interest or not as I know that a lot of folks around here are anti-calorie counting, but I've found having to track daily and stare my meals in the face has made me more accountable about overeating, so if it's an issue for you, you might consider trying it and seeing if it helps.

Anyway, this is getting kind of long, but I am looking forward to leveling up with you!

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

I would love an accountabilibuddy! Thank you!

I think my best bet would be to phase out carbs and processed foods. Hell, just giving up Coke alone will probably help me drop weight like an anchor. 

I use the Fooducate app to help me check processed foods. That's how I found out Doritos and Veggie Straws are on the same unhealthy level. I'll have to check out MyFitnessPal. 

• Like 1

Witchy Ranger

5%
5%

Measurements:

Start: Neck - 15.5 in       Chest - 49 in       Biceps - 15.5 in       Waist - 45 in       Hips - 55 in       Thigh - 32 in       Calf - 19 in

Current: Neck - 15.5 in       Chest - 49 in       Biceps - 15 in       Waist - 43 in       Hips - 53 in       Thigh - 30 in       Calf - 18 in

Hi Amanda!

I'm new here too. It's pretty exciting isn't it? We can take control of how we live the rest of our lives...wow. Good luck to you! I also extend the offer of being an Accountabilibuddy.

Are you going to go full Paleo? Let me know how it works out for you! I'm strongly considering it but I am not quite ready to give up pasta  :uncomfortableness:. I have been trying to level up my diet by adding more vegetables and fewer processed foods. I managed to kick the coffee addiction to the curb and I drink mainly water now, success!

Let's do our best!!

Level 2 Human Assassin

STR 4| DEX 0| STA 5CON 4| WIS 4| CHA 1

My battlelog

Challenge: 1, 2, 3, 4, Current

I would love an accountabilibuddy! Thank you!

I think my best bet would be to phase out carbs and processed foods. Hell, just giving up Coke alone will probably help me drop weight like an anchor. 

I use the Fooducate app to help me check processed foods. That's how I found out Doritos and Veggie Straws are on the same unhealthy level. I'll have to check out MyFitnessPal. 

Excellent!  I will go friend you!  Once you have a battle log, let me know and I will follow... and poke you if you're inactive for a few days ;)  Feel free to do the same to me!!!!

MFP doesn't so much give you info on what is healthful and what isn't (though the cell phone app will either flash green and tell you something like, "Good choice!  This food has a lot of Vitamin C!" or yellow and, "Just so you know, this food is high in Saturated Fat."  It will react to what you enter and so on, but I've mostly loved it for reminding me not to graze between meals.

What sort of exercise are you doing now?

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

I have my Battle Log set up. I'm excited. 

As far as excercise, I started out on the treadmill last week, and I would sporadically use the machines in the gym (I'm a gym n00b).

Now I've started more of a routine. I start with 10 minutes on the treadmill at 3.5mph, then do as many squats as I can (10 right now). 

Then I do a wall sit with some weights for as long as I can hold it, and then walk it off on the treadmill for another 5-10 minutes at like 2.5-3mph.

Witchy Ranger

5%
5%

Measurements:

I'm crazy about flexibility, so take this with a grain of salt, but are you considering taking the time to stretch after your treadmill cooldown?  It helps your muscles hurt less as well as being really good for you.  :)

?current challenge?

instagram | goodreads

I am the most inflexible person on the planet, so I try to stretch in the mornings and at night. After working out sounds like a good idea too. I'll try it. 

Thanks!

Witchy Ranger

5%
5%

Measurements:

You have free fountain Coke products at work? Oooh that sounds dangerous. I am a Diet Coke fiend. Kudos to you for working on giving it up. I'm not ready to yet. If I change everything all at once I will fail so I'm going to address food and fitness first and then work on limiting my caffeine and all those not good for you Coke chemicals. Diet Coke just makes me so happy and I'm not ready to give that up yet.

Unapologetic

Level 1 Time Lord

~hoping to regenerate into someone new~

Intro First Challenge

Lose 200 pounds

17.6%
17.6%

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant.

-Eleventh Doctor

I am the most inflexible person on the planet, so I try to stretch in the mornings and at night. After working out sounds like a good idea too. I'll try it. 

Thanks!

Anytime!  If you ever want some ideas for good progressive stretches, give me a ping and I'll be glad to provide some suggestions.

?current challenge?

instagram | goodreads

Hi Amanda! I'm also extending an offer for accountabilibuddies! I just joined today and need to set up my battle log! I also have serious issues with procrastinating... and junk food. Maybe we can help each other out?

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

Current Challenge:  NicBot-5000 enters Recovery Mode

Previous Challenges: 12, 3,  4, 5, 6

PRE REBOOT CHALLENGES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Various links and sundry: Battle log, Respawn post