Forums are back in action! ×

With life comes great responsibilities.

I used to be quite the outdoors guy, and I still have the desire. My 4mo old Son has become my motivation to really do something this time. I've done some none specific work out regiments in the past, but have not really settled into something. I keep letting life hold me back.

I want to get back to having fun. I think that will motivate my wife; if I can hold out till she gets onboard.

Regards

Baronvaile

• Like 3

Level 1 Mandalorian Ranger

STR: 2 | DEX: 1 | STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 1

When you take up arms and fight the fates; that is when you'll find your true destiny.

SKA: Kulan Rosovidov Kievich. In service to the Middle Kingdom, it's people and her crown.

Days without Soda PVP (Days 1/365)

0%
0%

MyFitnessPal

QoTD: I was climbing around like a mountain goat.

As a father of two, I know kids are a great reason and a great motivator.  They're mine, and hey, if I can inspire my wife to do more then talk about going to the gym, that's even better.  Good luck to you in whatever you set out to do, and congratulations on the baby boy.

• Like 1

Ithiel of Coal, Level 2 Human

STR 4.67 | STA 3 | DEX 1.78 | CON 1.9 | WIS 3 | CHA 1

Current Challenge | Previous Challenge: 1

First off, congrats on your new addition! And secondly, kudos for wanting to be a good role model for both your kid and your wife. Here's an article I think you'd find both motivating and enjoyable about Training With A Newborn from Ross Enamait, and one from our NF founder, Steve Kamb, on How to Stay Active When You Have a Family. A few others you may enjoy (also from Steve) are From Sedentary to Super Parents and The Nerd Fitness Playground Workout. There's also a forum for parents here on NF, so any questions, suggestions, or advice you may have or need can be fielded to other NF dads and moms. ^_^

Welcome to the Rebellion!

• Like 2

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

I know the feeling! I became a dad a year ago, and while I was already on the road to fitness then, it's given me more modivation now :D

We have a rule in my little workout group is that if you workout safely using a baby as extra weight you get to do half the reps.

Also this might help encouraging working out, parental bonding, and free rides for the kids: The Fitmom workout (should work for dads too!)

• Like 2

Race: Demi-Human

Class; Ranger Level: 3

STR:5 | DEX:5 | CON:6 | INT:1 | WIS:5 | CHA:1

Former ​Challenges: 1, 2, 3

Orcs Killed

100%
100%

Coffee challenge: Failed :(

Next up: Nerd Rumble 2015

I am Groot.

I know how you feel, I want to stay healthy and active for my daughter too.  Best of luck to you!  Keep moving!

Sir Thalianost, Level 9 Human Knight (Training as a Warrior)

STR - 24.6 | DEX - 4.1 | STA - 1.7 | CON - 15.4 | WIS - 3.2 | CHA - 4.1

Those who live by the sword die by the sword... and wouldn't want it any other way.

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 11th 12th

Current Challenge:

Thalianost Branches Out

Thanks for all the great responses everyone. I knew I wasn't the only one out their. ;) I know I'll be checking this out later to remind me that others are doing the same.

Level 1 Mandalorian Ranger

STR: 2 | DEX: 1 | STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 1

When you take up arms and fight the fates; that is when you'll find your true destiny.

SKA: Kulan Rosovidov Kievich. In service to the Middle Kingdom, it's people and her crown.

Days without Soda PVP (Days 1/365)

0%
0%

MyFitnessPal

QoTD: I was climbing around like a mountain goat.