Forums are back in action! ×

Not just a househusband

So I am a college student, my fiance is a lawyer who works for a nonprofit. At 26 I have increasingly found myself heavier and sadder than I have been in a long time. Stress from an overly ambitious school plan combined with generally feeling awful about being so out of shape - the stairs to out apartment wind me for crying out loud - meant that this spring I had to cut back on classes and have taken the summer off. Switching my school plans around and a summer rest have not brought the improvement I sought. Instead I found myself isolated while all my friends continued school or spent their vacations away and I slowly turning into a dinner making, laundry folding, pretty face for my fiance. We've talked and are okay again, but I need to DO something for me. I need to keep my head above water, I have so much I wanna do in life. I feel like I am withering from inactivity, and school isn't gonna change that with lectures and homework. The last time I was genuinely capable of handling school was when I lifted weights. For about six months, that was like the best part of the day. But when classes got harder, I cut back to make time for studying and eventually stopped lifting at all.

So, now I am here. I have been working out sporadically all summer, but now I am more than ready to rededicate myself to eating better and working out smarter. I guess that's my Big Why. I need to work out so that I can do the work I need to do to have the life I want.

Although, it'd be nice to look better naked too. :-)

My body tells me no, but I want more! I. Want. More!

Current Challenge
Pavel Sneaks Back In

Level 2

Half Orc

Assassin

Let's make it happen. The beginner's body weight workout was fun, fast, and easy to modify, check it out. It's something you can do anywhere (I'm thinking even at a library with books for weights or in a computer lab, or or!). I'm rotating between that and a "crack of dawn" yoga class to get me out and about with people that have nothing to do with my profession or personal circle. What did you start with?

Brain-Building Assassin, a.k.a Radical Domestic Jill-of-All-Trades

Battle Log | Challenges: Current |18 |17 |16 |15 |14 |13 |12 |11 |109 | 87 | 65432 | 1  

Isaiah 40:30-31

Let's make it happen. The beginner's body weight workout was fun, fast, and easy to modify, check it out. It's something you can do anywhere (I'm thinking even at a library with books for weights or in a computer lab, or or!). I'm rotating between that and a "crack of dawn" yoga class to get me out and about with people that have nothing to do with my profession or personal circle. What did you start with?

So far, dietary stuff. It's where I have stumbled in the past, so I want to nail it down first. I am reducing my grain intake for now and eating sevrals pounds of veggies every day. I am following the instructions in the daily NF emails though, been getting plenty of walks the last few days!

Current Challenge
Pavel Sneaks Back In

Level 2

Half Orc

Assassin

Yeah, dietary stuff can be pretty slippery. I also have a hard time taking in enough veggies and hold an unhealthy addiction to breads of all kinds. Trying to figure out what veggies might make me feel more full, as the typical ones I cook with don't really do it for me (carrots, onions, peas, beans).

Brain-Building Assassin, a.k.a Radical Domestic Jill-of-All-Trades

Battle Log | Challenges: Current |18 |17 |16 |15 |14 |13 |12 |11 |109 | 87 | 65432 | 1  

Isaiah 40:30-31

Broccoli steamed in a skillet and then dried in the pan or well drained + minced garlic if you like + salt + few drizzles of chili OR sesame oil = pounds of veggies I will eat forever. I do the same thing with string beans, only I like to blister them in hot oil after they've steamed or been blanched. Add the garlic just before removing from heat if you do blister the beans, otherwise the high temp will make it bitter or even burn it.

Current Challenge
Pavel Sneaks Back In

Level 2

Half Orc

Assassin