Forums are back in action! ×

A wild Fitness Site appears! I use Sign Up! It's super effective!

I am:

A half-dwarf scout. A nerd. A geek. A dork. Thrilled to find a site that might live up to the potential Fitocracy had before it went too mainstream. Happily married. Woefully off my game. 30-40 lbs over my ideal weight. Slower and weaker than I've been in 15 years. Not eating well. Really feeling those last two parts on a daily basis and POed about it.

I was:

A slow but determined runner. An Ironman, several times a half-Ironman, and compulsive marathoner. 40 and 60 miles through my two attempts at 100 mile races before I had to drop, my only two DNFs ever.

I will be:

An Elvish Scout. A 100 mile finisher. Healthier. Happier. A father. A better role model.

• Like 2

Half-Dwarf Scout
Lvl: 0
STR:0 DEX:0 STA:1 CON:1 WIS:3 CHA:2
GOAL: Complete 100mile ultrarun
Current Challenge
Current Challenge Log

I haven't wholly dropped out of Fitocracy, I still plan to use it for logging workouts as this site doesn't quite have that functionality yet (or does it?), but I really thought it would go more of the direction that there is here, rather than being just points and levels and 'de-geekifying' it to appeal to the masses. Which is really a shame.

Half-Dwarf Scout
Lvl: 0
STR:0 DEX:0 STA:1 CON:1 WIS:3 CHA:2
GOAL: Complete 100mile ultrarun
Current Challenge
Current Challenge Log

If you join the Academy with their membership stuff they have updated it with quests and tracking and levels (and other cool stuff) but I'm sticking with the free forums and blog posts for now to get me started. Welcome!

Brain-Building Assassin, a.k.a Radical Domestic Jill-of-All-Trades

Battle Log | Challenges: Current |18 |17 |16 |15 |14 |13 |12 |11 |109 | 87 | 65432 | 1  

Isaiah 40:30-31