Forums are back in action! ×

NaNoWriMo?

You get a manuscript if you win. You can do whatever you want with it.

Also there's one sponsor who will send you a free bound paper copy of your novel, and others who will cut you discounts on writing software and suchlike goodies.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

You get a manuscript if you win. You can do whatever you want with it.

Also there's one sponsor who will send you a free bound paper copy of your novel, and others who will cut you discounts on writing software and suchlike goodies.

o.O

Since when?

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

It was the case in past years, but at a quick glance I did not find the offer on their sponsors page. Anyways, I'm in! Have done Nanowrimo for several years, but never won. This time I'll go rogue, continuing my last story (10k words, my goal still is to write 50 k during November). I like my story, I have a very simple plot line, and if I could develop that and my characters a bit more, I might even have a chance to finish this year. NF challenges have taught me a lot about committing to a challenge and sticking to it :)

o.O

Since when?

since, um, about five or six years ago?  It depends who makes offers, the NaNoWriMo people aren't responsible for that stuff.

http://nanowrimo.org/sponsor-offers 

^ behold the software offers.

Okay, so I don't see the free copy of book thing, that was from a print-on-demand publisher and maybe they just stopped doing it.

since, um, about five or six years ago?  It depends who makes offers, the NaNoWriMo people aren't responsible for that stuff.

http://nanowrimo.org/sponsor-offers 

^ behold the software offers.

Okay, so I don't see the free copy of book thing, that was from a print-on-demand publisher and maybe they just stopped doing it.

Yeah...when I click that, I get "The page you are looking for does not exist."  

Do the thing

2024 Intentions Roadmap

Huh, that's weird.  Dead link for me, too, even when I'm logged in.  The site does have some weird tabby things going on.  I'll mention it on the bug reporting forum.

So here is how to view the sponsor offers:

Go to nanowrimo.org

hover your mouse over the brown tab that says "Inspiration"

scroll down to the menu item that says "Sponsor Offers"

click it

I've been thinking about doing NaNo this year. I've tried it a few times, but only succeeded on my first, which was one of the camp sessions.

I haven't done any writing for a couple of years. I have a ton of ideas floating around. But nothing will happen if I don't actually sit down and do something.

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

NANOOOOO! I am gonna at least try it this year, though with school being as busy as it's been I have no idea how long that'll last. I'm continuing from where I left off last year, just adding 50K onto that, cos I got writer's block and kinda tapered off around 14K I think. Is continuing an existing story considered 'rogue'? Anyway, I'm super excited. :D

I love that gif! :)

How everyone's first day going? My home region does a "Midnight Madness Marathon" whenever the 1st falls on a weekend like this year. We meet up at about 11:45pm on October 31st and begin writing all together right at the stroke of midnight. Then it's a push to see who can write all the way until 8am! I'm a night owl anyway when left to my own devices and I've done NaNo way too many times before (this is my 9th attempt; won 6 so far) so I always get a good running head start. I'm going into this year's event with less preparation than I normally do, but my first several NaNos were entirely pantsed so I'm hoping I keep figuring it out as the month goes on!

Mom. Teacher. Language Enthusiast. Wood Elf :)

Current Challenge: KCAleece Returns to the Grind

Alors je ne lui parlais ni de serpents boas, ni de forêts vierges, ni d'étoiles. Je me mettais à sa portée. Je lui parlais de bridge, de golf, de politique et de cravates. Et la grande personne était bien contente de connaître un homme aussi raisonnable.

Man I'm really considering it. I haven't participated since 2010, since I became so busy I couldn't find time to sit down and do creative writing.

But for the past year, every night I play the same story in my head to help me fall asleep, a gay fantasy romance, something I think fantasy literature is sorely needing. I'm so out of shape for writing now though, and three days of the week I'm out for 12+ hours... Maybe next year. 

• Like 1

Man I'm really considering it. I haven't participated since 2010, since I became so busy I couldn't find time to sit down and do creative writing.

But for the past year, every night I play the same story in my head to help me fall asleep, a gay fantasy romance, something I think fantasy literature is sorely needing. I'm so out of shape for writing now though, and three days of the week I'm out for 12+ hours... Maybe next year. 

Do it. I'm in the same boat. Not the gay-fantasy-romance boat, but I've got a story in my head that needs to get out. 

• Like 1