Forums are back in action! ×

Kheris the Wood Elf Monk Glides In

Hello, new on the nerdfitness boards but I've been using the blog as motivation for a few months now.  Started working out seriously about 3 months ago with a handcrafted bodyweight fitness routine, slowly making progressions to more difficult exercises on several different exercises.  I also started Tai Chi near the beginning of September as well as started eating predominately pescetarian at the time.  Struggling with maintaining a Yoga routine, because the only class I could attend in the area conflicts with the timing of my Tai Chi class unfortunately and only having online videos to go off of makes it too easy to blow it off.

Wanted to finally get into the community aspect of nerdfitness to see if I couldn't make myself more accountable so I stop skipping Tai Chi classes, as well as keeping up a regular yoga and meditation routine.  I'll probably hit on these pretty hard on my first challenge ;)  Had trouble choosing my class at first, though, since I like Assassin, Monk, and Druid so much!

I'm 26 years old, 5'6 and floating around 130 lbs, around 13-14% body fat.  Primarily focused on the strength part more than the aesthetics but if I can get those six packs along the way, I would't mind.  Current goals are to perform a muscle-up, one-handed push ups (almost there on this one!), unsupported hand stand (10s being my first goal) and planche position (PPU's can come later).

• Like 2

Kheris

Level 0 Wood Elf Monk:

STR-0 DEX-0 STA-0 CON-0 WIS-0 CHA-0

Neutral Good

“A path is made by walking on it.â€
― Zhuangzhi

Welcome Fellow Newbie!

I wish you well on your journey!  Looks like some good goals to target.

Let me know if I can help in any way - especially since I am starting tai chi and yoga now too.

Of course, seeing as I'm almost twice your age, and more than twice your weight - I may not pull it off as well as you do!

• Like 1

"The only difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra"

"Always give 100% in everything you do...  unless you're donating blood"

Weight Below 240 Pounds

15.1%
15.1%

My body weight goals are a lot less impressive than yours, but wanting to do more yoga and meditation is something I'm hoping for as well!

I miss Tai Chi. I wonder if there's a community class anywhere in town . . .

Anyway, I run with the Rangers, but have a lot of Assassin-y and Druish interests as well.

orig-14199131.jpg

• Like 1

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

Tai Chi is great because it's a good workout but it barely feels like one when you're actually doing it.  Plus, I can just clear my mind and go through the forms.  Yoga's really nice too, because even when you're starting there's plenty of variations that you can do until you can make your way into the full pose.

Are you attending local classes or how are you learning them Keltab?

Edit:  Since I never actually said my name, I'm Josh (or Kheris, honestly, online it doesn't even matter to me :P)

Kheris

Level 0 Wood Elf Monk:

STR-0 DEX-0 STA-0 CON-0 WIS-0 CHA-0

Neutral Good

“A path is made by walking on it.â€
― Zhuangzhi