Forums are back in action! ×

Nerdmas Secret Santa 2014

hahaha if that annoys you, never read 50 Shades of Grey! LOL!! It is the most horribly written book series ever, and I read just about anything. I suffered through bc I love a good BDSM fairytale (who doesnt? ;) ) and Christian Grey really tugged at my heartstrings, but the writing was HORRIBLE!

*shiver* Dear all that is sacred (including those twinkies), that was even worst.

• Like 1

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

*shiver* Dear all that is sacred (including those twinkies), that was even worst.

Yes, yes it was! I much prefer these... http://www.amazon.com/Sleeping-Beauty-Trilogy-Anne-Rice-ebook/dp/B008HYPEYS/ref=pd_sim_kstore_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=13NYVXC0D3PAQG5NH1T9

(not that I expect them as a Secret Santa gift...well unless you want to ;) )

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

50 Shades doesn't count for anything as it is based on horrible fan-fic that was based off of another horribly written story.

Feel like that should be written on the back of the book now.

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

I have nor ever will have any desire to read 50 Shades. Never appealed to me, I have no idea why some women are fawning all over it, and I can't believe there's a movie being made of it. There are so many other books that are much better written that "deserve" to have movies made from them (but only if they're done well). 

Back onto topic....I've been thinking about my person's gifts, but it's going to be a crazy couple of weeks, so I probably won't get anything set in stone until after Thanksgiving. 

• Like 1

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

[Level: 1]

Current Challenge

I have nor ever will have any desire to read 50 Shades. Never appealed to me, I have no idea why some women are fawning all over it, and I can't believe there's a movie being made of it. There are so many other books that are much better written that "deserve" to have movies made from them (but only if they're done well). 

Back onto topic....I've been thinking about my person's gifts, but it's going to be a crazy couple of weeks, so I probably won't get anything set in stone until after Thanksgiving. 

Yeah I thought the movie was a joke until I saw the poster at work. Now I'm just going to be think it's about Patrick Bateman going to kill Anastasia(?) after having sex with her few times, every time I see that poster.

And I don't know why I read the book in the first place. All I remember was having some discussion about 1st edition being almost million dollars and I think I wanted to see what big deal was.

And yes back to the real topic at hand, GIFTS! I think I'm going to have to do that too.

• Like 1

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

I feel like it should have been on the front. Maybe even used to sell the movies. At least then it would tell people more of what they'll see.

Yes, giftage, I have plans... must make requisite purchases for such plans. To the buying stuff place!! What's it called? The place where they store products to sell? Bah, I'll think of it...

I am the Brawlus, goo goo, g'joob.

But if the book can get your that rageful... (And that scene makes me bawl) IT'S SO GOOD :P Seeing it Saturday, too! Whenever three of us can squeeze into a theatre :D

• Like 1

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: thekatisalie is back :: no seriously this time

MyFitnessPal || Strava || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay

Got my stuff ordered for my person.  Just waiting for it to arrive now so I can send it!

On the subject of bad books, there is actually a series, yes a series, of books about time traveling Viking Navy Seals. It's just as bad as you'd expect.  Good to read when you need to laugh at over the top romance plot and horrible history. :P Only made it through one of them, but I cried from laughing as parts that were so bad.

• Like 4

Current Challenge: Late start, but here at last.

Level 6 Magikarp

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5

My NF Character and Epic Quest!

hahaha if that annoys you, never read 50 Shades of Grey! LOL!! It is the most horribly written book series ever, and I read just about anything. I suffered through bc I love a good BDSM fairytale (who doesnt? ;) ) and Christian Grey really tugged at my heartstrings, but the writing was HORRIBLE!

I 100% completely agree with you. I only decided to read it just to see what the hype was all about. By the way has anyone seen the video Gilbert Gottfried Reads Fifty Shades of Grey? Awkward....   but very funny. :)

• Like 2

Rising Heroes Faction: HAVIK 

Fitbit | Art Page | Instagram

Got my stuff ordered for my person.  Just waiting for it to arrive now so I can send it!

On the subject of bad books, there is actually a series, yes a series, of books about time traveling Viking Navy Seals. It's just as bad as you'd expect.  Good to read when you need to laugh at over the top romance plot and horrible history. :tongue: Only made it through one of them, but I cried from laughing as parts that were so bad.

That sounds amazing. I want to read.

Another book that annoyed me yet people seem to really love, was that book Ready Player One. Some thing about the writing just really bugged me.

But yay more people. And I have no clue if we now have odd amount of people or not. I think I can't do math anymore (curse you Science major for ruining my math skills for life, but I do now know how to make hilarious science jokes).

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

Partial Success i can now see the screen to request joining the Nerd Fitness group, but I can not submit the request for some reason . . ..  50% sucesss

YellowRose

Half Elf- Level 2

(STR- 0) (STA- 2.25) (DEX- 2.25) (CON- 1.2) (WIS- 4) (CHA- 1)

Ranger (past druid)

Challanges: 1, 2, 3,

Current

Parva scintilla saepe magnam flamam excitat

- The small sparkle often initiates a large flame

Here is a link to one of them.  It's not the one I read, so it could be better or worse. :tongue:

Can't be as bad as this one book I read about how Slenderman has sex  Why is Fabio on the cover?

• Like 1

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

Wait, what? o.O  LOL

When you own a kindle and get bored and start looking up things in Amazon books, you find really crazy things.

Another one I found (didn't read) was some warrior woman has sex with raptor. And it was a series.

Amazon is hands down has the most craziest books ever. Part of me so tempted to start a blog on all the crazy books Amazon has to offer.

• Like 3

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

When you own a kindle and get bored and start looking up things in Amazon books, you find really crazy things.

Another one I found (didn't read) was some warrior woman has sex with raptor. And it was a series.

Amazon is hands down has the most craziest books ever. Part of me so tempted to start a blog on all the crazy books Amazon has to offer.

I am totally intrigued by these weird books.  :shame: Is that bad? I am always curious to see how far other people's imaginations can go. 

Rising Heroes Faction: HAVIK 

Fitbit | Art Page | Instagram

Oh my god, I would read some of those books just because once you hear how bad it is you have to read it for yourself, :lol:  You should totally start that blog and let other people send in reviews of the crazy books they read.

Seems like there is hardly anyone doing that.

That either could be the greatest idea ever or one that ends life as we know it....Hmmm... Let's do it! I just have to figure out how to go about doing it.

• Like 1

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram