Forums are back in action! ×

Challenge YOUR body image.

Took about two months of lurking and a new NF account but here it is.

Left side pictures were taken 15 months ago, right side pictures where taken today.

No idea about my body type, google search turned out to be really unhelpful! I'll try again tonight with the full picture where I don't look beheaded.

Damn, you're making great progress.

fyi google reverse image search only works on Chrome based mobile devices, so if you have an iAnything it wont let you use it.

I got Miley for some reason.

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

l

I can see that :) She was cute before she got all meth addict lookalike.

No, I got new Miley. Though someone did suggest her hair cut I could rock

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

No, I got new Miley. Though someone did suggest her hair cut I could rock

her facial structure is the same and you both have large eyes and yeah, I see it, I just wish they woulda given you old miley.

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

OK, I compared several of my pictures on that Google Image Reverse Lookup Search.... and apparently it thinks I most resemble skinny 14 year old girls? Or Drake? Or Solange Knowles?

I don't think I trust this software.

• Like 4

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Tried changing the picture a bit (cutting out parts) and now google mostly thinks that I'm a person. No accurate picture though, the first ones were too lean (visible abs lean) to be close to me. They are more of a (very) distant goal.

My mum saw the comparison pictures today, she was a bit encouraging and then she said "As for the rest, what can you do? You take from your father's side of the family". And she was talking about exactly what I don't like. :(

THIS!!!! I love this! You can be whatever you want to be, you just have to want it enough. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

THIS!!!! I love this! You can be whatever you want to be, you just have to want it enough. ;)

My son gets super mad at me when I say stuff like this, because he insists he wants stuff MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE WORLD.

... he just hasn't made the connection that, at some point, you need to translate that 'want' into 'action'. 

• Like 2

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I've been debating posting this, bc I am not sure how to word it so it's not super TMI...but it's a HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE deal for me...so spoiler tags and I will try to not make it too bad (its NSFW most likely but no pics at least :P )

When J and I first got married, I weighed about 155 lbs, and had ZERO self esteem...long story, but I had to work on even seeing myself as worthy of basic human rights, so being "fat" just exacerbated that exponentially...and at 155 I thought I was horribly disgusting and unloveable. So anyways, J wanted me to wear some lingerie like this and I told him that hell would freeze over first. Then I gained 100 lbs, so it went from never to laughable. I decided that having the confidence to wear something like that, would mean that I really accepted my body...I couldnr even wear any lingerie without feeling like shit about myself, so I never expected it to ever really happen anyways, much less without severe self criticism and probably a suicide attempt (yeah it was that bad back then)

sooooo...long story short, I bought one and kept it for the day when I felt good enough about myself to wear it...and this week, I did! I didn't even have more than a couple of negative thougts even...and that is a VERY big deal, and I owe a great deal of gratitude to my fellow nerds bc without you I never would have had the confidence for that. Not to mention that I had ZERO concerns for his opinion about it, good or bad, and THAT feels just as awesome

• Like 15

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

My son gets super mad at me when I say stuff like this, because he insists he wants stuff MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE WORLD.

... he just hasn't made the connection that, at some point, you need to translate that 'want' into 'action'.

Tell him to cleanse his 3rd chakra ;) Wear yellow and shit :D It's hard stuff for all of us I think.

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I tried it with this photo:

me2_zpsr7bz4xff.jpg

And I got a lot of nude and other weird shots. (Hopefully the link will work.) I think it is mostly based on the colors in the picture.

Lucky, you got Wonder Woman
  • Like 1

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

I want to be like these guys when I'm grown...oh wait I am grownup. Maybe I should just be a bad ass like them then

• Like 2

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

I've been debating posting this, bc I am not sure how to word it so it's not super TMI...but it's a HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE deal for me...so spoiler tags and I will try to not make it too bad (its NSFW most likely but no pics at least :tongue: )

When J and I first got married, I weighed about 155 lbs, and had ZERO self esteem...long story, but I had to work on even seeing myself as worthy of basic human rights, so being "fat" just exacerbated that exponentially...and at 155 I thought I was horribly disgusting and unloveable. So anyways, J wanted me to wear some lingerie like this and I told him that hell would freeze over first. Then I gained 100 lbs, so it went from never to laughable. I decided that having the confidence to wear something like that, would mean that I really accepted my body...I couldnr even wear any lingerie without feeling like shit about myself, so I never expected it to ever really happen anyways, much less without severe self criticism and probably a suicide attempt (yeah it was that bad back then)

sooooo...long story short, I bought one and kept it for the day when I felt good enough about myself to wear it...and this week, I did! I didn't even have more than a couple of negative thougts even...and that is a VERY big deal, and I owe a great deal of gratitude to my fellow nerds bc without you I never would have had the confidence for that. Not to mention that I had ZERO concerns for his opinion about it, good or bad, and THAT feels just as awesome

That is fantastic! good on you. It wonderful to hear that your self esteem/confidence has gone up that much. Great work.

• Like 1

Level 6, Ranger

Challenge I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X Current Challenge

My Sewing Blog

Bekah! That's great! I can totally relate to that. I was pondering whether I'd have the nerve to get some pretty underwear once I've lost a little more weight. But you know what? I need new underwear now, and why shouldn't it be pretty? So that's what I'll do. Thanks for the inspiration!

• Like 3

Level 2 -- Druid

STR 1 | STA 2 | DEX 3 | CON 4 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Main Quest: Lose 70 lbs in 2015. 15 down, 55 to go.

Challenge 2 (Druid)

Challenge 1 (Recruit)

I've been debating posting this, bc I am not sure how to word it so it's not super TMI...but it's a HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE deal for me...so spoiler tags and I will try to not make it too bad (its NSFW most likely but no pics at least :tongue: )

That is really fantastic, Bekah. Good for you. I'm really happy to read this today :)

• Like 1

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Tried changing the picture a bit (cutting out parts) and now google mostly thinks that I'm a person. No accurate picture though, the first ones were too lean (visible abs lean) to be close to me. They are more of a (very) distant goal.

My mum saw the comparison pictures today, she was a bit encouraging and then she said "As for the rest, what can you do? You take from your father's side of the family". And she was talking about exactly what I don't like. :(

Fucking moms. Man, they are the worst!!! *hugs* 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Bekah! That's great! I can totally relate to that. I was pondering whether I'd have the nerve to get some pretty underwear once I've lost a little more weight. But you know what? I need new underwear now, and why shouldn't it be pretty? So that's what I'll do. Thanks for the inspiration!

Pics or its a lie ;) Jk...well unless you want to post them :D 

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Thanks y'all :):wub: 

and now I just don't give a fuck...and that feels SO goddamn awesome. I went out of my house in a tank top this morning...like in the car to the store (but I didnt go in) 

• Like 3

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Have I told y'all I love my new hair color?

IMG_3163_zpsbfa67450.jpg

Just to say, I'm loving it too! ;)

I've been debating posting this, bc I am not sure how to word it so it's not super TMI...but it's a HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE deal for me...so spoiler tags and I will try to not make it too bad (its NSFW most likely but no pics at least :P )

The cynic in me wants to say that sexuality on TV is OK because it usually involves beautiful people...nude beaches may expose us to that undesirable element - a non air brushed body that does not conform to the medias idea of beauty....and we can't have that now!

These two quotes ^^^ I think have a HUGE relevance in this thread.

I (and quite a few other lovely nerds) have posted pictures of our figures at the end of our transformations, which although it's been very beneficial for us and our self esteem, and they can be motivational for people to see - perhaps what would be better would be for us all to celebrate the bits we maybe don't like about our bodies. The wobbly bits, the stretch marks or scars, the imperfect bits. Because we all have them, but that doesn't stop us from being beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously