Forums are back in action! ×

Challenge YOUR body image.

Where's an emoticon with hearts for eyes when I need it??? If we've got one I couldn't find it, so please insert one here. You look amazing.

seconding this pretty hard. that is a fantastic costume! did you make it yourself?

Glad y'all like the costume \o/ I didn't make it myself, though. I did help with some of the more tedious and easy parts of it, like adding 2500 zipper stops to the trim, and crafting/gluing the armor scales. I made the scepter prop, too (not shown).

I want to get into sewing and armor making so bad, and it's probably going to happen during the new year. I at least want to re-do the armor parts :tongue:

Also, hitlionsoul, I'm not quite sure what to say. I know that people sometimes get offended when others point out some aspects of themselves that they don't like, so I'm torn between saying nothing about height vs. saying goddamnit, I wish I was that tall lol. But srsly though, you look great o_o

EDIT: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/52477-crafty-nerds/?p=1264596 has a pic of the scepter I mentioned up there.

• Like 1

I've been away from the forums for a while, but I've been looking through this one. I've been struggling with body image recently too. At my heaviest, I was 270lbs. I don't have any pictures from that time, but I have one from late summer 2012 when I was around 250 still. Then I have one from when I was around 220/210 in february 2013 (after going paleo) I see a HUGE difference when I compare the pictures, and I was SO PROUD of myself, I thought I looked so much better, so awesome. And then I stopped losing weight and I'm still stuck at 210lbs. But since so much time has passed, I'm looking at myself in the mirror now and this is my new baseline. Now I feel like I did at 270 - fat, with rolls hanging over my pants, stretch marks everywhere, just awful and not even close to how I'd like to look. I've been focusing the last year on a healing diet to try and heal my psoriasis, not on weight loss. I also was having some heart problems that made me afraid to work out, but I got those under control, so now I'm working out again and going to start a whole30 (AIP style) January 1st.

Honestly, I probably don't have that much more to lose. I have some tummy flab. But I'm a size 14 right now, and my mom, who is the same height as me, but not overweight (she's kind of skinny-fat) and has a smaller frame than me, says that even when she was at her thinnest going through chemo over 25 years ago for leukemia, she couldn't even fit into a size 10, because her bones were bigger than a size 10. So I really don't think *I'll* ever be a size 10 either. And I don't care about that. What does make me happy is that I used to shop at Lane Bryant all the time, and now I can't even wear most of their clothes because even their smallest size is too big for me 3/4 of the time. I pretty much just get lingerie there now.

I can't find a pic of a model online that i think looks like me because none of them have flabby bellies. Even the heavier plus sized models. I could seriously be happy with my body the way it is if I could just shave off my stomach. 

Edit: Ok, here's one I think is close, only I have a big flabby belly.

plus-size-model-160513.jpg

So, here are my pics. I look about the same now as I did in feb 2013

beforeandprogress_zps98d8e717.jpg

beforeandprogress2_zps6960738e.jpg

I like this model's bodyshape. I think this is how I'd LIKE to look, or at least something close to it. 

Abby-Valdes.jpg

• Like 3

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald

Got caught up in Christmassy stuff yesterday and didn't have time to really read this one, but I wanted to say a couple of things....

First, welcome back! Yay! :D

Second....

... But since so much time has passed, I'm looking at myself in the mirror now and this is my new baseline. Now I feel like I did at 270...

Oh God yes! Been there, got THAT t-shirt. Isn't it frightening how our minds do horrid sneaky little things like that to undermine our self confidence. Ugh!

So, here are my pics. I look about the same now as I did in feb 2013

beforeandprogress_zps98d8e717.jpg

beforeandprogress2_zps6960738e.jpg

Wow! That's fantastic! You should be really proud of what you've achieved. Tell that horrible tricksy brain to "Shut up!" and let you have that "Hell yeah, I'm killing this weight-loss thang!" feeling back. Coz you are. ;)

I like this model's bodyshape. I think this is how I'd LIKE to look, or at least something close to it.

Abby-Valdes.jpg

On behalf of me, Bekha, any other pervy women, and ALL THE MEN - Thank you!

**saves image to phone**

Sent from my stoopid phone which hates me I swear.

• Like 3

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Got caught up in Christmassy stuff yesterday and didn't have time to really read this one, but I wanted to say a couple of things....

First, welcome back! Yay! :D

Second....

Oh God yes! Been there, got THAT t-shirt. Isn't it frightening how our minds do horrid sneaky little things like that to undermine our self confidence. Ugh!

Wow! That's fantastic! You should be really proud of what you've achieved. Tell that horrible tricksy brain to "Shut up!" and let you have that "Hell yeah, I'm killing this weight-loss thang!" feeling back. Coz you are. ;)

On behalf of me, Bekha, any other pervy women, and ALL THE MEN - Thank you!

**saves image to phone**

Sent from my stoopid phone which hates me I swear.

I agree with everything Guzzi said here :) You have done a lot of hard work and it's paid off! You came back and are ready to have another go at the rest of it, so YAY! You clearly can do this :)

and rofl at "pervy women" good thing I'm not a creepy perv or there are tons of sexy pics in this thread to keep! :P

• Like 3

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

I would like to thank everyone for sharing with this thread. 

I used to have horrible self image issues.  But my wife has completely changed my mind on this.  I still don't think I look very good, but I don't care.  I completely own myself now.  I know this body is strong and can lift some heavy shit, and can protect my family and do some hard physical labor, and that feels pretty good.  I could look better, sure.  And long term if that happens as a side effect of my continued training and nutritional improvements, awesome.  But I know I'm a man, and this is what a man looks like, so anyone that says otherwise can bite me.  I've already shared enough embarassing pictures on here I don't think I need to post any more for now.  :playful:

• Like 6

My body image is messed up there are days where I feel like brad Pitt in snatch and days where I feel like am skinny fat and weak again I have no where near the tone of brad Pitt and I know am strong but my exercise has dropped a lot since the little one was born and I feel terrible when I leave the home to exercise rather than help the partner at home. 2r5yp39.jpg this is me now

• Like 2

I'm the Guy who lifts stuff.

Bodyfat: 14%   Weight: 74 Kilos

ORM Bench press : 58 Kilos     ORM Deadlift : 115 kilos       ORM Squat : 75 kilos

My body image is messed up there are days where I feel like brad Pitt in snatch and days where I feel like am skinny fat and weak again I have no where near the tone of brad Pitt and I know am strong but my exercise has dropped a lot since the little one was born and I feel terrible when I leave the home to exercise rather than help the partner at home.

I know this is hard to do, but you will be a better father and partner for taking care of yourself...and allow your partner time to do the same on a regular basis. It only gets harder as the kids grow up and one day you will look back and wonder what happened and wish you had kept with it. You are doing all of you a favor bu being the healthiest you possible :) and if your partner is home with the baby all day, I am certain they will appreciate some gym time too! Even let them know to have a coffee break after (or whatever they like) and you will gain major brownie points :D

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Some of my "Visually similar images" from Google
cameroon_0006.jpg il_570xN.323543709.jpg 2012-cartoon-abdominous-girl-doll-mascot 1637883.jpg

Granted, I was using this picture:

tumblr_ndhn77WV2C1skbydco2_1280.jpg

I'll have to see if I have a normal picture of myself to use later...

• Like 3

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

My self esteem is a work in progress.

I think thats true for just about everyone. Although it doesnt help when you have people actively demeaning you at the same time you are trying to build you up

*hugs*

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

My body image to me is...okay. I'm proud of all the work I've done thus far, but when I used to be big, people always told me to lose weight.

When I did, the same people that told me to lose weight said "you're too small. You need to put some weight on". My mentality got all kinds of screwed up. Those words still devastate me today. 

I think today I look fiiiine ;) no matter what they say now. lol

• Like 1

The reverse image search just brings up a lot of selfies!

viSy2FK.jpg

Visually similar images:

5.jpg3024189_collage.jpg?1367986689

I can't find anything quite right but this is closer to what I see in the mirror (if I had a lot of photoshop on my mirror):

Swim-Sexy-Black-Plus-Size-Retro-Bandeau.

I still see a plus size in the mirrors most days. I get told off for feeling fat but a lot of my selfies are me trying to match up my internal image and extenal one.

• Like 3

I realised after I posted that the way I'd said things could be seen as offensive. I didn't mean that the model was fat, just that I feel less body confident than I did when I was 20-30kg heavier in some ways.

I used to dance around a stage in a g-string and tassels and know I looked good and was attractive (but hated photos) and now I feel pretty unattractive on a general level but love photos.

I still see a plus size in the mirrors most days. I get told off for feeling fat but a lot of my selfies are me trying to match up my internal image and extenal one.

Dude i feel you. I take a lot of selfies, my friends give me crap about it from time to time, and people like to make fun of it on the internet, but its a powerful way to take control of how you perceive yourself. Rock out with your camera out!

And your body is rocking! You should wear this outfit more often. And in australia.

• Like 1

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

Kinda tempted to try pole dancing, especially after watching Disney themed pole dancing

• Like 1

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

Wonder Woman socks (and pants and bra, if you look slightly too closely).

ok :) You are MUCH smaller than the model you thought resembled you. and now I have another pic to add to the pervy creep file :P

Seriously though, many of you look much better than the photoshopped images you chose, just sayin'

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn