Forums are back in action! ×

Resetting my save data

I'm new to NF- just signed up actually and I love the community.

I'm 24, married and very unhealthy. I am 5'4" and currently weigh 175lbs. I've been leading a very inactive, unhealthy lifestyle with the man that I love. I can't take the way that I feel anymore and found myself here. I decided to do small, permenant changes to my diet and have currently lost a bit over 30 lbs to date.

I also am a huge reader (have read over 4,000 books that I remember titles of), am a gamer, and enjoy quiet nights at home.  I hang out with some cats and my husband and knit/ crochet all the time. I have taught myself everything that I know how to do and enjoy learning how to do new things. 

I want to change my lifestyle mainly for myself but also for my family. It might be small but it's the one that I've chosen. I'm hoping that with the changes that I am making to my own food and diet choices that it will motivate my husband to do the same. I want to lead a life that I can look back on and know that there's nothing I wanted to do and passed on because I was afraid or too unhealthy and out of shape to do it. I want my life to be so full of experiences that nothing was left out. 

I've started on the Paleo diet (only have a few days down) and am having great results from my food choices. Just finding a bit of difficulty from the pressure of people pushing food at me. Which I've managed to turn down! :) I also discovered that I love yoga- who would have thought since I can't sit still. 

I've set my goals personal and fitness/health motivated. Some have rewards and some of them are rewards themselves.

Goal 1: Complete the Tolkien Challenge- Walk the miles from both The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. A total of 8,738 miles! I already have               170 done.   Reward my LOTR tattoo.

Goal 2: Complete my first mud run. (also goes towards my lotr challenge)

Goal 3: 150 days of yoga- daily starting on 12-28

Goal 4: Run 1 mile without stopping. 

Goal 5: Move to Seattle, Wa. 

Goal 6: take a pole dancing class (because I think it would be fun and takes strength) 

Goal 7: Get a puppy -this one is completely for my husband but I don't see a problem with that ;)

Goal 8: Become confident enough to cosplay as Erza Scarlet

Finally my last goal is to eat paleo for 50 days- this is the hardest goal personally and it's also the most important to control. 

Thanks for reading and good luck with your own goals. 

• Like 2

Nice to meet you! I am 25 and in the same boat for starting.. I'd be very interested in anything you could share on your experiences with starting Paleo, I plan on giving that a go for the 6 week challenge and I am a complete beginner - I don't know how to cook - (Read - I am lazy and even though I can follow directions well I claim I can't cook) nor do I do well at shopping....

Anyways good luck, I may join you on your Tolkien Challenge! I am actually an hour away from watching the new Hobbit movie.

Akuyo - Level 0 Lycan Rebel

Stats: 0 STR, 0 DEX, 0 CON, 0 STA, 0 WIS, 0 CHA

Sounds like your plate is going to be full, hopefully not so much that you fall off, though. It can be tough to start so many things without getting burned out.

What's the motivation behind the move to Seattle? Better get that mile run in before you get here, it's a lot of pretty steep hills :)

To get your husband to follow your fitness lifestyle, make him think it's his idea.

I am the Brawlus, goo goo, g'joob.

Hi! Nice to meet you Akuyo. I'm pretty lazy when it comes to food- I got so used to going out to eat that I realized that's all we were doing. I haven't managed to find many recipes that my husband will eat so I just keep expierimenting with food. I have spent the last 2 (or so) months limiting sugar and bread (I realized i ate bread all the time- yuck.) I love fruits and raw veggies and made sure to introduce them over time to make sure that I would be able to make permenant changes. So instead of chips I would grab granola or nuts. Instead of candy I would eat carrots and I actually choose stuff like that now. Its slower than other people but it's permenant. I'm hoping to find some advise from other members here about cravings and meals. 

Thanks for the advise Venin! I'll just have to let him decide to start. We are actually moving for a better job in my husbands field. He's a graphic web designer and jobs are much more available anywhere other than the midwest. When we looked Seattle was the one place that lit up from music, work, close (compared to here) to the ocean and mountians. I'm actually excited for the hilly nature of the city! How do you like it out there?

I completely understand about getting burned out on goals and that's why some goals are long term (the puppy, moving-by fall 2015, and the walking) and some are sooner like the diet and yoga. I have mini milestones that are going into those- like 1 week consectuively on each then 15 days. Taking things a bit slowly is how I've found things stick and I can do them. :)

Gotta be honest, I love the PNW. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I was born here, so I'm biased.  I did live in Ohio for  few months and missed it.

Yeah, you'd be just a couple hours from the Ocean. Sad to say that I've not been there in a couple years.

Seattle bonus: getting to visit Bruce Lee's grave.

Oh, those goals are longer term...I thought you were just cramming it all in at once. :)

I am the Brawlus, goo goo, g'joob.

It's nice to talk to someone that lives there and loves it. The only other person I've gotten to talk about Seattle hated it. But they hate everything so I didn't trust their judgement.

I've only been to see the ocean and the Atlantic in December isn't that nice. :(

I've never posted on a community page before so I wasn't sure what to share so thought I should just do a general post. I have other mini goals that I'll meet those are just the big ones and everything else are just milestones on the way to getting to those big ones :)

As another person who would love to be confident enough to cosplay as Erza Scarlet, I welcome you!  You have some awesome goals and I am curious as to what kind of puppy you're looking into :redface:

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

!!! I adore Erza! My dream is to cosplay as her cat armor.... It will happen! ;) I'm so glad to meet another FairyTail fan!

The official puppy of choice in our house is a bulldog. My husband made up the cutest list one day of what specifically the dog was gonna look like- "tons of wrinkles, a boy so they can become old men together :D, and a single patch over its eye" I laughed because it was so cute.

• Like 1

Bulldogs are adorable!  I personally love corgis (and the hubs and I raised one from a puppy.  He's two years old now!).  You'll have a lot of awesome times with an adorable bulldog puppy!

I would like to go as Titania, her classic winged armor.  Oh man so much work...but so much awesome with it!

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans