Forums are back in action! ×

6km !!!!

Whoo hoo .... I decided as I want to be able to do everything I had better learn to run 

my tactic .. start running ... stop if I get tired ... start again when I recover.

1st run, - 4.5k -  walked for a minute (28mins)

2nd run 4.5k - Ran all the way, but stopped in the middle to buy dinner from a shop (30mins including shop)

3rd run 4.5k - Ran all the way (26 mins)

4th run 6k - ran all the way (33 mins)

oddly enough CV wise its a walk in the park, after 6k I swear my heart could do 10k no probs .... but wow .. shins !!!!! DOMS in a whole new place :D

I quire like running though ... its like walking but takes 1/3 of the time and cute girls that are also running nod at you when you pass .. bit like when you meet another Biker 

• Like 1

Human | Ranger

Level 3 | STR: 8 | DEX: 2 | STA: 8 | CON: 5 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 7

Current Challenge / Second Challenge, /  My First Challenge

Wohoo! Congrats! :D

I rediscovered the beauty of running once I finally got over myself and started running outside again. For me though it's more a matter of – I CAN EXPLORE SO MUCH IN SO LITTLE TIME! 

Probably not excellent in terms of training consistency and pacing, but I just love straying away from the path and running through trees and uneven terrain...

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

If you're getting shin pain (and not just tiredness), I would suggest not increasing your distance (and probably backing down a bit). Even if you think it's just tiredness, you should probably stick where you are for a little while. Running is high impact, and while your body will adapt to the stresses in time, it takes time for your body to do that. Shin splints can be a warning sign on the way to stress fractures. Also, not clear how often you're running but 3x per week is usually pretty good when starting out.

• Like 1

"None of us can choose to be perfect, but all of us can choose to be better." - Lou Schuler, New Rules of Lifting for Women

thanks for the tips. I will definitely back off for a few weeks, until I can comfortably run 3-5k  2-3 times a week without any complaints from my body  .... well complaints other than hunger ... I have noticed a massive increase in appetite since moving at 6min/km

Human | Ranger

Level 3 | STR: 8 | DEX: 2 | STA: 8 | CON: 5 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 7

Current Challenge / Second Challenge, /  My First Challenge