Forums are back in action! ×

I get excited over stupid things

Okay, I'm thrilled I made it to the gym and managed to survive THREE circuits of Beginner Body Weight Workout!!!!!

The last time I attempted the Beginner Body Weight Workout, I was only able to make 1.5 and I pulled a thigh muscle  :(  

I'm so proud and psyched that I made it through the whole circuit. I plan on doing Beginner Body Weight Workout every Tuesday and Thursday, and yoga every Tuesday evening. What cardio would y'all recommend to pair with this?

• Like 3

Don't think I'm helpless, just because I'm soft and cuddly! ~ Natasha Romanoff

My past is my own ~ Natasha Romanoff

I'm my own woman -- first, , last -- and always! ~ You get the idea, Black Widow is basically my role model....

That's not stupid!  Way to go!

If you're looking to just do pure cardio, you have a lot of available options.  I always recommend rowing - it's a good complement in my mind to a strength routine.  HIIT is effective - whichever flavor you like.  I'm personally a fan of zumba for pure cardio - it gets a bad rap, which I think is sad.  Is it strength-based?  Nope.  But if you're wanting just cardio benefits, it's really fun and gets you moving, and your heart rate is up the entire class.  What's not to love?  Then again, pretty much any sort of dancing is awesome in my book. ^_^

• Like 3

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

That's not stupid!  Way to go!

If you're looking to just do pure cardio, you have a lot of available options.  I always recommend rowing - it's a good complement in my mind to a strength routine.  HIIT is effective - whichever flavor you like.  I'm personally a fan of zumba for pure cardio - it gets a bad rap, which I think is sad.  Is it strength-based?  Nope.  But if you're wanting just cardio benefits, it's really fun and gets you moving, and your heart rate is up the entire class.  What's not to love?  Then again, pretty much any sort of dancing is awesome in my book.  ^_^

I hadn't heard of Zumba getting a bad rep yet! I suppose it was inevitable, but I really cannot see what there would be to criticise about it.

And definitely not something stupid! :D I remember my very first attempt at lunges – let's just say it did not go well. I also still can't do push-ups, and I have been at this for two months and a half now. 

Also, cardio… this is going to be the no-shit sherlock advice but running is also great once you get used to it, and if you have some nice place to go to it is can be anything from relaxing to exciting to adventurous. :)

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

I hadn't heard of Zumba getting a bad rep yet! I suppose it was inevitable, but I really cannot see what there would be to criticise about it.

Lots of lifters consider any exercise that isn't strength based to be a waste of time, basically.  I think it's silly, but there you have it!

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Don't worry about being excited about the small things. How are you going to get to the big things if you don't accomplish the small ones first? I'm pretty excited about something small as well: after recently updating my steps goal on Fitbit to 15k instead of 10k, I've so far hit the goal two consecutive days (and today may or may not be day 3 after upping the goal number ^_^)