Forums are back in action! ×

Decissions are so hard...

Luxury problems. That's what i call these.

Just got an email from work with a cool arrangement for discount on a gym membership. At the moment i'm going to a gym that costs 38 euro a month (All-In membership). Now with the arrangement from work i can go to another gym ( a little closer by) which is bigger and has better material for only 25 euro's a month (same type of membership).

One big problem is, i like "my" nice cozy comfortable gym and the owner and instructor there. When i come in there i'm greeted by my name, they ask how the wife and familie is. After workouts they come and sit and have a cup of tea with me and we talk about everything from fitness to what we did in the weekend.

I know the other gym, i was a member there years ago, it's a real good looking, clean, proffessional gym. But a lot busier (not crowded but total amount of members), so less familiair. 

So now i'm torn, my budget says switch! My heart says stay!

I'm torn...

Somehow this bright light blackens my day...

... a little odd in the head ...

I would pay the extra 13 euros to avoid running into coworkers while I am working out. (I like my coworkers but don't want to run into them outside of work.)

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Stay with your "home base". It sounds like you really like it. Plus, just few extra euros.

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

For most americans, I imagine the best budget decision would be to work out at planet fitness, doesn't make it the best gym for them to work out at.

On the flip side:

zoeypic.jpg

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

Sorry, I feel the need to clarify. If you're staying at your current gym simply because its your comfort zone, then maybe shaking things up is the right answer. If you're staying because its the most productive environment in which you can become the best you you can be, then staying is probably the right answer...

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

I would pay the extra 13 euros to avoid running into coworkers while I am working out. (I like my coworkers but don't want to run into them outside of work.)

Haha. A little different, but I would pay way more than that if it bought me out of running into certain co-workers at work. Like way more.

• Like 1

are you married ? ........ if so, you need to exercise you marital rights and get your wife to make all your decisions for you.

Once you accept that outsourcing the desiccation making to another person frees up your mental capacity to spend you time thinking about the important stuff, like ... Zombies, When can I have ribs again for dinner, would I rather do Jennifer anistons head on George Clooneys body .. or George Clooneys head on Jennifer Anistons body.

Make sure you ease in to it slowly though .... i.e. Get married THEN have a kid ..... if you have the Kid too soon or before you get married, then with 2 people making all your discussions for you, you can get serious Brain DOMS as you Debate multiple Zombie scenarios with all your free mental time.

• Like 1

Human | Ranger

Level 3 | STR: 8 | DEX: 2 | STA: 8 | CON: 5 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 7

Current Challenge / Second Challenge, /  My First Challenge

Everybody thanks for your insight!

I say stick with the gym that you like. It might be cheaper to go elsewhere, but you like the community where you are. 

This isn't to say that you can't form a community at this other gym, but the gym you're currently at makes you happy. Follow your happy.

This is something i'm keeping as a backup plan. It would be good for me (socially) to get friends in the new gym.

That's not gonna be a problem the arrangement has multiple signed up gyms. So the chance of running into coworkers is rather small. Since i'm working in a company with 2300 other coworkers and i only know about 150 of them (doing the IT part i dont have much to do with the caretakers) i probably wouldn't even know if i run into one of them.

Stay with your "home base". It sounds like you really like it. Plus, just few extra euros.

That's probably what i'm gonna do.

Follow your heart. Even after a year it's only 156 euros... What's that, a couple tanks of petrol?

An authentic experience in life is what you crave, I can see it clearly from your writing.

The best gym is the gym you want to go to. 

That's the thing that made my decision. Since i had a hard time getting into this modus, and this gym was one of the thing that made it much easier i'm not gonna give that up, for now.

I agree, there's nothing wrong with staying where you are happy. I'm all about supporting smaller business owners, too. If you like it there and you don't want to switch--don't.  :)

Supporting the smaller business owner is important to me too, but that wasn't that biggest motivation. 

Sorry, I feel the need to clarify. If you're staying at your current gym simply because its your comfort zone, then maybe shaking things up is the right answer. If you're staying because its the most productive environment in which you can become the best you you can be, then staying is probably the right answer...

That's why i reserve this for plan B. It's good for me to sometimes shake things up a bit and get out of my comfort-zone.

• Like 2

... a little odd in the head ...