Forums are back in action! ×

Real nice milestone

Been watching my eating since September and started strength training one month ago tomorrow. I started really noticing that my pants didn't fit the way they used to so I went shopping, fit into a pair of 44 jeans for the first time since my freshman year of high school.....16 years ago. Gained a little weight this week, about 3# but I suspect it is likely lean mass. Total weight loss since the end of September 56 pounds. I'm now only 6" on my waist to my current goal of a size 38. Started at 50, so I guess this is the halfway point. In the last 3 weeks (didn't think to measure at the very beginning)I've lost an inch off of my gut, gained an inch on both biceps, and gained almost 2 on my shoulders. Stayed pretty stable at chest and thighs.maybe a slight gain on chest, and a very slight loss on my thighs.

• Like 2

The most marked difference I notice is in my confidence. I still don't look awesome, but my strength has increased pretty substantially. I notice that the lifting that I do at work is a ton easier, and I carry myself differently. I don't want to say that I carry myself smugly, but I notice my posture being very different, head up, chest out. The way people react to me is different as well. The next thing I want to do after I lose a bit more is get into boxing or something like that, I figure it will add another physical activity, boost my confidence even more, and learn a new skill.

• Like 1