Forums are back in action! ×

warcraft_hearthstone_jaina_proudmoore_ga

Hearthstone Players, Unite!

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft is a digital collectable card game made by Blizzard that is set in the Warcraft Universe. So, naturally, tons of nerds play it. This thread is for all Hearthstone discussion. Post your battletag so NFers can connect in game. Talk about decks, constructed format, Arena, upcoming expansions, cards, anything!

NF Battletags:

Gainsdalf the Whey: Gainsdalf#1448

Marauder: Persephone#1187

Sea Level: SeaLevel #11584

Antonius: Antonius#1444

Raxie; Raxie #1908

Schaengel: Schaengel#2973

Sevasan: MrQuackers57#1966

Agent of Fortune: Venin#11443

Shibs: Pearadyne#1559

Andress: TheGreatYohn#1297

• Like 2

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I'll start. My battletag is Gainsdalf#1448.

I hover around ranks 13-14 in constructed right now, focusing on paladin, hunter, and warlock decks. Recently been dabbling in priest and mage. I suck playing rogue, and don't have the cards for shaman or druid.

In Arena I average 3-4 wins. I want to get up to 5-6 so that I can reliably get a pack and about 100 gold on average as a prize. With daily quests, this would let me do an Arena run a day.

I enjoy various Hearthstone podcasts. My favorites are Happy Hearthstone and The Lightforge.

I just got my 300 gold 1000 win award today, and plan on using it in my continued suckage ion arena/

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

My battletag is Persephone#1187.

I've been playing on and off since December 2014.  I have always played ranked just far enough to get the card back of the month, but since Gainsdalf has encouraged me, I've managed to summit ranked 14 (for a match or two anyway).  I seem to be able to maintain about 16 without too much trouble.  I'm terrible at making decks, but want to get better.   I love Tavern Brawl.

I play almost exclusively mage up until now, but plan on switching things up once I get my golden portrait (about 20 more ranked wins).

I don't play Arena much and am currently hoarding gold for the new expansion. 

Paging @Sea Level to join us.

• Like 1

Rangering since Sept 2015

What are they? We can teach you!

Tavern Brawl is so much fun this week.

500 / 330 / 625

3 hours ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

What are they? We can teach you!

Tavern Brawl is so much fun this week.

I guess it should be, "I haven't explored all the features yet." The Arena vs. Play.... Strategy of assembling a pack... Playing "ranked"

Just lots of options to investigate.

• Like 1

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

Oh yeah, lot's of investigating. I'm still having tons of fun figuring stuff out, and like I said, I'm over 1000 games in.

I'm so split right now. Coming up on 1600 dust and trying to decide whether to craft Alexstraza now, or wait for all the legendaries from the new set to be revealed to make sure I don't want one of them more.

500 / 330 / 625

1 hour ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

Oh yeah, lot's of investigating. I'm still having tons of fun figuring stuff out, and like I said, I'm over 1000 games in.

I'm so split right now. Coming up on 1600 dust and trying to decide whether to craft Alexstraza now, or wait for all the legendaries from the new set to be revealed to make sure I don't want one of them more.

I'd wait for sure.  The meta is going to swing hard with the changes of an expansion AND the game changes.  I still can't believe I crafted Dr. Boom right before the announcement.  Sigh.  Will probably dust him when I can get the full amount (hoping they do that anyway).

Yeah, I should have waited....

500 / 330 / 625

I started two weeks ago (becaus of being bored at the airport) and managed to keep the addiction at bay so far. Meaning I'm still working on getting all the basic decks through playing against the KI.

Where do I find my battle-tag (so I can add that later...)

• Like 1

My NF-Character: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58102

Introduction Or How I started, Challenges: 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; 4 ; 5 ; 6 ; 7 ; RESPAWN  ; 8 ;

Member of the League of Epicness, Hellfire Club!

...would like to be a Nac Mac Feggle ;)

On March 26, 2016 at 2:46 AM, Schaengel said:

I started two weeks ago (becaus of being bored at the airport) and managed to keep the addiction at bay so far. Meaning I'm still working on getting all the basic decks through playing against the KI.

On Battle.net, click on your username over on the right and your battletag will be there.  Usually it's your username with some numbers after. :)

Y'all.  I hit the elusive Ranked 13 yesterday WOOHOO!  I'm only 9 wins from my mage golden portrait.  What hero should I work on next?

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 3:55 PM, Marauder said:

Ha!  Did you just craft it today?

I did. I asked the question, then just made the decision. I've already realized it was a mistake because I don't have the other cards I need for freeze mage (ice block, antonidas), and have since been REALLY enjoying tempo mage over the weekend, even finally hitting rank 12 for the first time yesterday! Shoulda gotten Antonidas.

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 4:46 AM, Schaengel said:

If you're playing on your phone, upper left button on the screen with the little dude. Battletag is your name at the top of that along with the hashtag and numbers.

13 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Y'all.  I hit the elusive Ranked 13 yesterday WOOHOO!  I'm only 9 wins from my mage golden portrait.  What hero should I work on next?

Whichever you enjoy most! Maybe Rogue or Shaman if you like all the tech spells? If you wanna keep working on ranked, maybe look at which classes you have the best cards for as part of the decision.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625

2 hours ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

I did. I asked the question, then just made the decision. I've already realized it was a mistake because I don't have the other cards I need for freeze mage (ice block, antonidas), and have since been REALLY enjoying tempo mage over the weekend, even finally hitting rank 12 for the first time yesterday! Shoulda gotten Antonidas.

If you're playing on your phone, upper left button on the screen with the little dude. Battletag is your name at the top of that along with the hashtag and numbers.

Whichever you enjoy most! Maybe Rogue or Shaman if you like all the tech spells? If you wanna keep working on ranked, maybe look at which classes you have the best cards for as part of the decision.

Yeah, despite playing mostly mage I don't have Antonidas either or ice block.  Tempo mage is quite fun!  Nice job on level 13.  I never really paid much attention to Ranked before and just played to get my card back, but I've really enjoyed it this month.  

HERE is my card spreadsheet.  It seems to think I have the most Priest cards playable.  Interestingly, mage is the lowest.  haha!  If you click on cards down below you can see the specific card list.  I guess Priest could be fun.  I kind of want to try a Warlock deck.

Warlock is so fun and requires the least rare cards, especially if you've done the adventures like you have. Look up "warlock zoo", you probably have a lot of what you need.

I like the sheet! where's the source sheet for that? I am not a fan of the one I have, little to now functionality beyond tracking cards. The deck check function in yours sounds awesome, and might be great for picking your next class to mess around with. The packs to buy function is what I was looking for when I was searching for a tool like this originally, but now that I spend all my gold on arena, it's not as important as before. I hope they change the card pack reward to be the pack of your choice in the future.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625

4 minutes ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

Warlock is so fun and requires the least rare cards, especially if you've done the adventures like you have. Look up "warlock zoo", you probably have a lot of what you need.

I like the sheet! where's the source sheet for that? I am not a fan of the one I have, little to now functionality beyond tracking cards. The deck check function in yours sounds awesome, and might be great for picking your next class to mess around with. The packs to buy function is what I was looking for when I was searching for a tool like this originally, but now that I spend all my gold on arena, it's not as important as before. I hope they change the card pack reward to be the pack of your choice in the future.

Here is the newest version.  TOG ready.  I need to upgrade mine today.  I've had mixed luck moving to the newer versions.  It's always a bit of a nail biter if my card list will transfer. That's my only complaint with this sheet.  Be sure to follow the link at the top to the Blank Version before you make a copy. :)  (ETA:  hmmm, seems that blank copy is an older version, not sure what's going on there.)

You have Mal'Ganis? You should definitely try out a demon deck before he gets kicked to wild only. Jelly, not having him or Boom makes my zoo deck lack a real finisher.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625

Think I found a few errors in the sheet Marauder. The big one seems to be that the pack recommendation cells are swapped. The one for standard is giving the recommendation that should be in wild, and vice versa. I'm getting GvG recommended for standard packs for example. I messaged the creator to figure it out.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625

9 minutes ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

Think I found a few errors in the sheet Marauder. The big one seems to be that the pack recommendation cells are swapped. The one for standard is giving the recommendation that should be in wild, and vice versa. I'm getting GvG recommended for standard packs for example. I messaged the creator to figure it out.

Yeah, mine are both TGT, but I looked in the cell formula and they are totally backward.

I managed to update mine to the 6.30 version and it went off without a hitch this time, so that was pleasant.  Updated link above.

It's fixed in 6.3 for the packs. The standard pack value (where it says 85.3) is still broken. It's supposed to show the average disenchant value of a pack, but it's using the wrong values I think.

Are we sure 6.3 is the latest?

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625

1 hour ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

It's fixed in 6.3 for the packs. The standard pack value (where it says 85.3) is still broken. It's supposed to show the average disenchant value of a pack, but it's using the wrong values I think.

Are we sure 6.3 is the latest?

It's dated yesterday in the changelog, so I assume so.  There used to be a link at the top which always went to the latest update.

When I look at the formula for Which pack to buy for Standard, it shows that it's checking for GvG still, but Which pack to buy for Wild, it does not.  So that's still backwards right?  The pack dust seems oddly low, I agree, but I can't figure out how he figured any of those dust amounts.  Seems like the others are high.

5 minutes ago, Marauder said:

It's dated yesterday in the changelog, so I assume so.  There used to be a link at the top which always went to the latest update.

When I look at the formula for Which pack to buy for Standard, it shows that it's checking for GvG still, but Which pack to buy for Wild, it does not.  So that's still backwards right?  The pack dust seems oddly low, I agree, but I can't figure out how he figured any of those dust amounts.  Seems like the others are high.

1 minute ago, Marauder said:

Gainsdalf, I swear my copy just changed.  Maybe I was looking at the wrong one??  I need to delete all my old ones.  

He just fixed both things and messaged me on Reddit thanking me. Doesn't look like he added a rev change to it though.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625