Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

You've never been shot at that you had to get that low!

Face to the side is actually slightly lower than face first, as well as allowing you to see more.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Jesus beans. I did it. Did the treadmill bear crawl. But I guess I never pushed record on my phone so NO PROOF YET. Ugh. Dammit, guess I'll just have to do more.

Also, only comment made to me during it was: doesn't that hurt your arms?

• Like 3

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

Anyone ever play the gym game where you do whatever you're doing to the rhythm of whatever music comes on in your headphones? Obviously I wouldn't recommend it during heavy low rep sets, but I often find myself doing it during warm ups or stretching or high rep stuff. For instance today I ended up doing jumping jacks to Darude Sandstorm, and bicep curls to Let It Go.

• Like 3

Follow me on snapchat or instagram @ catintherack

Squat: 115kg

Bench: 77.5kg

Deadlift: 130kg

Total: 322.5kg

Weight: 68kg

jumping jacks to Darude Sandstorm.

Did you fly?

I haven't done the rhythm thing, but I have done deadlifts to "Let it Go", and squats to "Party in the USA". I workout along side a class run by a lady, and she brings in some interesting music, though Party in the USA was on some guys playlist.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I was told the other day by an elderly woman that my music was not appropriate for the gym because it is tasteless and offensive.....I was listening to instrumental songs by two steps from hell.....NO WORDS!!!!

I responded by turning up my music and switching to E.B.A.H by TechN9ne

• Like 3

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

I was told the other day by an elderly woman that my music was not appropriate for the gym because it is tasteless and offensive.....I was listening to instrumental songs by two steps from hell.....NO WORDS!!!!

I responded by turning up my music and switching to E.B.A.H by TechN9ne

Balls to the Wall is a great workout soundtrack.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Ok, this is the weirdest thing i've seen at they gym so far....

Guy is absolutely busting a gut on the rowing machine. Then, out of nowhere shouts "BANG" at the top of his voice. Literally the whole free weights area and half the treadmillists turn to find out what is going on.

About 20s later...... "BANG"

About a minute later..... "BANG"

Did it about 5 times. I couldn't see a pattern.

He looked like he might die when he finished though so good effort.

• Like 3

Anyone ever play the gym game where you do whatever you're doing to the rhythm of whatever music comes on in your headphones? Obviously I wouldn't recommend it during heavy low rep sets, but I often find myself doing it during warm ups or stretching or high rep stuff. For instance today I ended up doing jumping jacks to Darude Sandstorm, and bicep curls to Let It Go.

I want to see the LIG curls. Most 4-8 year old little girls I know have the exact choreography of that scene memorized so I'm imagining them curling their ways through the icy blast.

• Like 2

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

It probably sounds more interesting to look at than it actually was, it wasn't difficult to keep up with the tune with alternating arm curls. Though it would've been more fun if I hadn't withheld on singing aloud.

It probably sounds more interesting to look at than it actually was, it wasn't difficult to keep up with the tune with alternating arm curls. Though it would've been more fun if I hadn't withheld on singing aloud.

Curls to Sandstorm... that would hurt.

• Like 1

My first challenge

I have done deadlifts to "Let it Go", and squats to "Party in the USA". I workout along side a class run by a lady, and she brings in some interesting music, though Party in the USA was on some guys playlist.

*forehead slap & shake head in shame* I weep on behalf of music lovers everywhere if LIG & PIT-USA are considered good/fun/motivating workout music...particularly by men.  Metallica, anyone?  Guns & Roses?  Black Sabboth?  No, just me?

• Like 3

High Elf-Rakshasa Assassin | LVL 16 | STR: 18 | DEX: 11 | STA: 13 | CON: 6 | WIS: 18 | CHA: 19

*forehead slap & shake head in shame* I weep on behalf of music lovers everywhere if LIG & PIT-USA are considered good/fun/motivating workout music...particularly by men.  Metallica, anyone?  Guns & Roses?  Black Sabboth?  No, just me?

I'm particular to any of the scored from epic movies. There's just something about Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Wars, Aliens etc... maybe it's just me.

• Like 1

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

I'm particular to any of the scored from epic movies. There's just something about Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Wars, Aliens etc... maybe it's just me.

Nope!  Soundtracks are another great choice.  I taught a strength training class last week inspired by NF's LOTR workout & I played the soundtrack along with it.  Class loved it!

• Like 1

High Elf-Rakshasa Assassin | LVL 16 | STR: 18 | DEX: 11 | STA: 13 | CON: 6 | WIS: 18 | CHA: 19

I will qualify it with "they were remixes" not that I still didn't laugh to myself, but it made it easier to do my workout.

My first challenge

All of the above.  Plus: All That Remains; In This Moment; Killswitch Engage; In Flames; Led Zeppelin; Deep Purple; Halestorm; and pretty much anything with double-bass drumming.  

I challenge anyone to follow the double-bass during their workout.  Depending on the band, you might die by the second song.  :D 

• Like 3

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I like some variety, if I listen to just fast tempo pop or just more rock-style music the consistency of it can bore me. I like having some little mix playing for one set, and then by the next set my chemical romance, or one set of eye of the tiger followed by a set with queen. Usually high rep stuff I prefer pop and heavier low rep stuff I prefer rock.

Am I the only person in the modern world that doesn't have something plugged into my ears constantly? 

Nope... mine is from speakers that the lady who teaches another class plays her music on.

My first challenge

Red, We As Human, Demon Hunter :)

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.