Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

You and me.  We'll kill the rum.  Don't know about you but I hate whiskey.  

Don't really have any fun stories from the gym recently.  Most of the people at my gym are really cool and know what they're doing.  I haven't seen anyone curl in the squat rack more than once or twice.  Ever.  

You should go ahead and do that...just so someone has a story!

You and me.  We'll kill the rum.  Don't know about you but I hate whiskey.  

Don't really have any fun stories from the gym recently.  Most of the people at my gym are really cool and know what they're doing.  I haven't seen anyone curl in the squat rack more than once or twice.  Ever.  

I love whiskey.  I love it possibly too much.  It's a line item on my monthly budget.  I buy a new bottle every other week...

As for the gym, I haven't seen anything screwy at the gym in a long time.  Just people coming in, putting in good honest work, being friendly and going home. 

• Like 2

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

As for the gym, I haven't seen anything screwy at the gym in a long time.  Just people coming in, putting in good honest work, being friendly and going home. 

Damn! That's no fun ;)

No fun for this thread, but really how it should be.    

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Nothing overheard at my gym lately, no plates clashing together, bars being put down, music pumping through the stereo, just the rustling of rats and the lonely cricket sound............

I feel guilty every time I get in the bus, because there they are, my cold steel buddies, just waiting to be loved again.

Next week guys I promise!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Was in this morning, doing my warm up by the power rack...some dude asks if I'm using it and starts doing proper squats...I was so happy!  He then used the leg press and also the assisted squat machine so I assume it was leg day for him...

I get on the power rack and start squatting and there's a dude doing squats in the Smith Machine...looked uncomfortable!  He then decided to stack a couple of plates and start doing calf raises on it too...At this point I did want to have a word but seeing as I know sod all I decided to leave well alone

• Like 3

I've been away from gyms for a while focusing on different kinds of training, but I moved to a new place that has a "gym" in the basement.

I use the "" with reason. As a gym it is a little more than a home gym set up, but hey, there is a bench, a bar, and some plates. I wish there were a squat rack, but can't have everything.

Whenever I do laundry, which is also in the basement I pop into the gym to do some weight training. I've been doing it about once a week for the last couple months and never seen anyone so I stopped wearing headphones and just use my phones speaker while there. 

Nearing the end of my workout, 3rd set of deadlifts going for a new PR (280lbs, I only lift once a week, so this was big for me). I've got the bar loaded, and put on some Duran Duran Hungry like the wolf to get the blood pumping... Struggle on the lift, make it up and let out a big ole success grunt as I hear the door open. Gently drop the bar, look over at this terrified looking girl, Duran Duran playing in the background "Huuuuungry like the woooooooooolf" She just backs out of the room....

Next time I'll put the headphones back in. 

• Like 9

Currently lost in Fitness.

Gold Suited Hippy.

Managed to get to my shed last night, was doing split squats when one of the boys mates turn up, he walks into the shed thinking that's where the Lads are due to the loud music, looks at me with the bar across my back, middle of squat and says, " Looking Good Mum" yeah, sweaty, pulling my "fuck you" lift face, wearing my favourite Zep shirt with holes under the arms, with Blondie playing "Call Me" in the background. Yeah feeling fine, looking sexy! Bless him.

• Like 7

Wait! What............?

I've been away from gyms for a while focusing on different kinds of training, but I moved to a new place that has a "gym" in the basement.

I use the "" with reason. As a gym it is a little more than a home gym set up, but hey, there is a bench, a bar, and some plates. I wish there were a squat rack, but can't have everything.

Whenever I do laundry, which is also in the basement I pop into the gym to do some weight training. I've been doing it about once a week for the last couple months and never seen anyone so I stopped wearing headphones and just use my phones speaker while there. 

Nearing the end of my workout, 3rd set of deadlifts going for a new PR (280lbs, I only lift once a week, so this was big for me). I've got the bar loaded, and put on some Duran Duran Hungry like the wolf to get the blood pumping... Struggle on the lift, make it up and let out a big ole success grunt as I hear the door open. Gently drop the bar, look over at this terrified looking girl, Duran Duran playing in the background "Huuuuungry like the woooooooooolf" She just backs out of the room....

No... music must be louder next time, and you must howl....

• Like 3

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Not in the gym, but related:

One of my students asked me "Mr. V, do you exercise?"

Me: "Yes"

Student: "Is it fun?"

Me: "No, not really"

Student: "Then why do you do it?"

Me: :-|

Which reminds me of a Halloween story:

Student: "What would you do if I egged your house?"

Me: "Chase you down and turn you in"

Student: "Yeah? How fast can you run a mile?"

Me: "Like 10 minutes"

Student: "Haha! I can run it in 7, you won't catch me!"

Me: "Yeah? How fast can you run 5 miles?"

Student: "I can't run 5 miles!"

Me: "Then I will catch you"

Ah, heartwarming tales of a career in teaching.

• Like 12

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Just got my first one today:

Gym Trainer: "I noticed you squatting with your toes pointed outward. They need to be pointed straight forward. Its better for your ankle mobility."

Me: "Thanks for your concern, but I have watched instructional videos of Dave Tate, Mark Ripptoe, and other professional powerlifters, and they all do squats with toes pointed out at 30 degrees. I know what I'm doing is safe."

Gym Trainer: *doesn't even comment on two of the most well known powerlifting trainers, and continues to insist on toes pointed forward*

Me: *Politely dismisses him*

Honestly, the only people I've seen do squats in that gym with toes pointing straight forward are the ones doing power curtsies. No thank you.

• Like 1

haha this is the best thing i've read all weekend. 

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Yesterday I was in the car and Hungry Like the Wolf came on. I immediately thought of this and started laughing.

• Like 2

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Me: "... and maybe get my bodyfat under 20%, show off the muscle a bit."

Person*: "Um DUH. Of course you're already under 20% bodyfat. Practically everyone is under 20% bodyfat. 20% is, like, really obese and nearly dead."

- A person who, for four years, attends the gym multiple times a week including weekly personal trainer sessions. I thought I could have a nice fitness chat with them. Obviously not!

• Like 2

warrior : level 8

str: 20.75 | dex: 13.75 | sta: 11.75 | con: 9.75 | wis: 8.25 | cha: 4.75

''Difficult' and 'impossible' are cousins often mistaken for one another, with very little in common' - Locke Lamora

*does four pushups.*

*stretches*

*does three pushups.*

*flexes*

"Wow, I think my shoulders are already bigger."

- a middle-aged person, who should know better, who just completed their entire 'workout' in about 45 seconds.

warrior : level 8

str: 20.75 | dex: 13.75 | sta: 11.75 | con: 9.75 | wis: 8.25 | cha: 4.75

''Difficult' and 'impossible' are cousins often mistaken for one another, with very little in common' - Locke Lamora

Person*: "Um DUH. Of course you're already under 20% bodyfat. Practically everyone is under 20% bodyfat. 20% is, like, really obese and nearly dead."

- A person who, for four years, attends the gym multiple times a week including weekly personal trainer sessions. I thought I could have a nice fitness chat with them. Obviously not!

This person may understand fitness, but not math.

• Like 3

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Woohoo! I'm double dead! :)

• Like 3

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

Wow, if this is true, I quote Cole Sear "I see dead people" and I see em a lot :)

• Like 1

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson