Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

Phytomancer uses *grow out beard*

it's not very  effective.

Phytomancer now has whiskers!!

Meow...

I picture a kid looking in the mirror trying to pull on the 4 chin hairs he has to try and make em grow.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Meow...

I picture a kid looking in the mirror trying to pull on the 4 chin hairs he has to try and make em grow.

What's wrong with adults pulling his chin hairs to make to grow faster? :P

I tried growing beard one summer. All I had was a black spike ball where my chin used to be.

It's like being gnawed on by a sea urCHIN.

Ha!

• Like 3

What's wrong with adults pulling his chin hairs to make to grow faster? :tongue:

I tried growing beard one summer. All I had was a black spike ball where my chin used to be.

It's like being gnawed on by a sea urCHIN.

Ha!

lol... Bad joke thread is thataway... ->

Man... sometimes I wish that was all I could grow. Would make shaving soooo much easier. Now I gotta stick my chin over a lawn mower, and sometimes it breaks the blades.

• Like 5

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

So.

Doing some DL yesterday- there were two of us- we were respectively behind the two squat racks. Third guy was on the leg press or hack squat behind us- not sure- whatever close proximity - he had previously been squatting something stupid like 315 or 365 full depth- so all of us are pretty "on the level"

Anyway- I'm resting- Paul- other deadlift dude was working.

Don't know exactly what Venzeualan dude was doing- he was just there and in on the after joke.

Fourth dude- we shall call him <the jackass> was between Paul and I to the chalk (which is between us at kind of a station where it hangs out.  

The <jackass> chalks up.

Claps his hands- mightily- and yes- chalk went EVERYWHERE.  

Immediately turns and walks past Paul as he is lowering the weight- right through his space.  again- jackass.

And of course I started coughing.  Loudly. And we all just turn and were like WTF DUDE . Completely unaware. 

And then we all proceeded to watch him walk around the gym all the way to the "stretching" arch- the thing with all the rails and foot pads to do some hanging stretches and flat stretches.   

It was. just. oiy.

vey.

so- remember folks- remember to chalk up before you stretch. 

• Like 4

Ah so many people to put on the list, so few places to hide the bodies.

Yesterday at the gym while squatting see a couple guys deadlift something round 250lbs, dreadfull form. I usually try not to correct anyone, although I'll point it out discreetly to the trainer so he can at least attempt to keep his customers from injuring themselves. That aside while I'm finishing up with my benches those same guys are squatting (halfsquats...) in the smith machine while making fun of a girl deadlifting because it was 'only' 100lbs compared to their 250lbs. Really grated on my nerves cause at least she had perfect form. It's a good thing my younger and calmer brother was there to make me think twice before I smacked those assholes with a plate.

So I told them they should try to stop looking like Quasimodo while deadlifting before picking on someone else. This seemed to hurt their pride, (un)fortunately they felt the need to puf up and tell me to show em how its done if I could do better. Glad I'm up to 330lbs by now, cause it really shut em up. Now I can only hope it will stick so they keep their opinions to themselves.

• Like 9

So.

Doing some DL yesterday- there were two of us- we were respectively behind the two squat racks. Third guy was on the leg press or hack squat behind us- not sure- whatever close proximity - he had previously been squatting something stupid like 315 or 365 full depth- so all of us are pretty "on the level"

Anyway- I'm resting- Paul- other deadlift dude was working.

Don't know exactly what Venzeualan dude was doing- he was just there and in on the after joke.

Fourth dude- we shall call him <the jackass> was between Paul and I to the chalk (which is between us at kind of a station where it hangs out.  

The <jackass> chalks up.

Claps his hands- mightily- and yes- chalk went EVERYWHERE.  

Immediately turns and walks past Paul as he is lowering the weight- right through his space.  again- jackass.

And of course I started coughing.  Loudly. And we all just turn and were like WTF DUDE . Completely unaware. 

And then we all proceeded to watch him walk around the gym all the way to the "stretching" arch- the thing with all the rails and foot pads to do some hanging stretches and flat stretches.   

It was. just. oiy.

vey.

so- remember folks- remember to chalk up before you stretch. 

Did you guys say anything to him? If you guys didn't, you probably should have. He'll probably end up continuing with that negative attitude. 

When ever I use chalk, I try to keep my hands inside whatever container the chalk is being held in. Don't clap the hands together, just rub them together, that way I'm not going to give myself or anyone else a coughing fit. 

I often clap my hands when I chalk.  It's part of my "prepping the mind" routine going into a heavy lift.

However, 90% of the time when I get to my gym I am the only one near the power rack or deadlift platform.  The only person that the chalk gets on is me.  If someone else happens to be back there, I just don't clap. 

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

This? 

To give credit, the caption says

Or, what CrossFit looks like to someone who doesn't exercise.

I'm kind of afraid they might hurt themselves during filming, though. Those look kind of scary.

• Like 2

It's been quiet on here recently!

Went to the gym on Wednesday, finished my workout and at the end was grabbing my gear to go home and hear 2 dudes chatting in the changing room in what can only be considered to be a d**k swinging contest...

Bloke 1 speaking about how he lost his weight, enjoys running and wants to go on resistance training

bloke 2 (who's a heavier set guy, looks like he carries a lot of muscle)  - then says he does a lot of running and enjoys the weights more

bloke one then brags about how you know he enjoys running as he was on the treadmill for 37 minutes

bloke 2 then speaks about how he goes on the treadmill at level 8 (no idea what level 8 is TBH) as that's enough for him

Bloke 1 then says level 8 was ok but he prefers level 9

Bloke 2 then utters the immortal words 'yeah, I can do level 9 but level 8 is better for me as I'm building muscle and don't want to lose too much mass' (which is fair enough, we've all got our own goals and so set our training methods accordingly)

I almost felt like saying 'alright lads, why don't you just whack em out on the bench and measure'...

• Like 1

I almost felt like saying 'alright lads, why don't you just whack em out on the bench and measure'...

I would, but I snapped a bench in half last time I did that and the owner will throw me out if it happens again...

• Like 6

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Hm I forgot about this one.

There is this old powerlifter (claims he used to, looks like he used to) except he keeps going on about how he prefers the smith machine and never does full reps cause he's old and fears for his knees and back. I figure telling him the truth isn't gonna do much good, old dogs and new tricks you know xD