Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

Locker room adventures:

Girl 1: "Ugh, I've been doing cardio every day for like two weeks and I'm not seeing any results.  I think I probably have some genetic thing that makes it impossible for me to lose weight, maybe I shouldn't bother."

Girl 2: "Yeah, that's really common, I know what you mean......."

Shortest New Year's resolution ever?

Starsapart: "Y'all should join NerdFitness and try bodyweight strength training!  It's awesomeness!"  (ok, maybe not, but ya never know)

• Like 3

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I was thinking more along the lines of: "see, this was me six months ago.  This is me now.  You do the math."

• Like 3

Starsapart: "Y'all should join NerdFitness and try bodyweight strength training!  It's awesomeness!"  (ok, maybe not, but ya never know)

I was thinking more along the lines of: "see, this was me six months ago.  This is me now.  You do the math."

Hilariously, my wife apparently heard a very similar conversation in the very same locker room recently as well.  She was getting changed and another woman asked her, "how much weight have you lost now?"

So she answered (it's close to 50lbs) and when asked how, said, "I watch what I eat and lift really heavy weights."

Anyway, the 'I-just-can't-lose-weight' women apparently gave her maaaaaaaaaaaaaaajor death glares as she walked out of the gym.

I try not to offer unsolicited advice but some days, it's hard to keep my mouth shut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 8

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

I never said it was funny

No. But I did! :D

But then I find the one about binary being as easy as 01, 10, 11 hilarious! So go figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I'm not the Dude, and I did figure it out. But I still don't understand why it's funny. So subaru is urabus backwards. Haha??

It's the mental picture of a guy standing there trying to read his own t-shirt in the mirror, being confused, and muttering it out loud that's funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Ya shoulda let the dude squirm until he figured it out himself

Which of us is the dude?

I reread the post as directed (which someone very helpfully quoted, so I didn't have to go back up). Figured it out thanks to the comment about rereading the last line. I didn't realise it was even a joke - I'm still baffled by why a handball* player is called a bus.

(* You pick it up and carry it, you ain't playing football...)

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

so three things happened at the gym today (first time I have been in a "real" gym in almost a year and I use the term real loosly.)

1)I was running on the treadmill and I was doing about 5mph. an old guy gets on the treadmill next to me and starts walking. The guy taps me on the shoulder, I take out my headphone, he says "wow your really trucking there." I respond "yeah in training" headphone back in. Tap on shoulder again, headphone out "training for what?" "enlisting in the airforce" Headphone back in. Tap on shoulder, Headphones out "you had better take it easy, don't want to overdo it at a high speed" (said with a fatherly concered look in face) I kept looking him in the eye as I upped my speed to 7mph and proceded to run at that speed for 15 minutes or so dripping sweat the whole time w/headphones in and music blasting ignoring the crap out of him)

2) I had just gotten onto the stair stepper after my run and a bout of rowing, when a couple of highschool kids came in (how did I know they were highschool, one was in baggy shorts and a highschool wrestling tshirt wearing untied skate shoes and the other one was in a tanktop, skinny jeans and converse with a snapback hat on backwards complete with beiber hair) I am pluggin away, headphones in, music cranked and sweat dripping when I see one of the pointing at me, I kill my music and hear skinny jeans say "haha look at the bitch on the stair stepper, trying to get his buns of steel on" He then jumps onto the one next to me and and mocks me on mine, after 3 steps he rips his pants and jumps off of it, then start to complain "AHHH SHIT I PULLED MY ASS!" I got a big smile on my face and kept going along.

3) after I had showered and was getting changed, I had sat down to to put my shoes on and a old guy in a towel walks by and spots my wallet lying open and my first aid card sticking out. He says to me "you first aide certified?" I respond "Yes I am. Do you need some help?" Yeah I do, Does this look infected to you?" says the man and opens his towel, pust his leg up on the bench next to me, pulls his package to the side so I have a face full of old man nuts and a nasty ass rash on his leg. Was very hard to not punch him. I turned my head, and told him I am not a doctor, back up before I file for sexual assault. He grumbled something wrapped himself in his towel and walked away

I wish I had other gym options but that is the only one around me

• Like 3

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

thats rockland maine for you we are a high class breed of people

• Like 1

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Which of us is the dude?

I reread the post as directed (which someone very helpfully quoted, so I didn't have to go back up). Figured it out thanks to the comment about rereading the last line. I didn't realise it was even a joke - I'm still baffled by why a handball* player is called a bus.

(* You pick it up and carry it, you ain't playing football...)

http://www.livestrong.com/article/361972-what-is-the-official-size-of-the-nfl-football/

Notice the length....

"About 11 inches ball" doesn't roll off the tongue nearly the same...

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

So yesterday at the gym someone actually used the smith machine for something usefull! He put some plates on the bar then added some chains and proceeded to shimmy under the bar on his belly (by this point I didn't know wtf he was doing), then proceeded to do push-ups!

Gotta hand it to the guy I never thought of using the smith machine to load my push-ups.

• Like 3