Forums are back in action! ×

Fighting the Norman conquest via the means of self improvement

Hi all,

Introducing Hereward the Wake (yes I realize i've mis-spelt my own username) AKA Harry.

Interests: music (punk, ska, reggae, jungle / DnB, hardcore, hard dance etc + many other genres), DJing, music production (https://soundcloud.com/hamsta_dj), guitar, books, history, films & TV, gardening, fixing up my old campervan etc etc.

Aims: to get fit and healthy! My diet is pretty good but I'm absolutely awful at sticking to any sort of exercise regime and have been for years. Approaching 30 and starting to realise that it is now or never. Last year I trained to run for a 10k, was running every day, and as soon as the race was over I completely stopped doing any exercise! I want to be able to translate my passion for doing other things into a passion for physical and mental self improvement!

Also, to find some purpose! I've plenty of hobbies and interests but have always lacked ambition and drive and as a result I find myself wondering where my life is going. I've got a real desire to move forward from where I am now but the first steps seems very overwhelming!

Oh yeah, and of course, battling the Norman foe in a guerrilla campaign conducted in the boggy fens of the Isle of Ely (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hereward_the_Wake)

Hereward (Harry)

• Like 1

Hello and Welcome!

You might have your work cut out for us to push those pesky Normans back into the sea! Its great to see you are making important decisions about your health and fitness. The first steps can seem like a mountain to climb it can be done by taking it one step at a time.

The support here is great so if there is anything we can do to help don't be afraid to ask!

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Thanks! I think the motivation is there, it just needs unlocking (sounds cheesy I know). I do live quite an active lifestyle (own 2 dogs, do a lot of gardening, fixing up my campervan for an adventure - which is one of my epic quests) and can be quite motivated but I just never seem to find the time to set side for doing a work out / yoga / jog etc. I think I like to kid myself that I'm too busy but in reality I just don't get the satisfaction from it that I get from those other activities. Hopefully though that will soon change . . . (Normans best be watching their backs :D)