Forums are back in action! ×

Petefeet's Year in Review

My Third Annual "Year in Review"

As a lot of you know, on August 23, 2014, the switch clicked and I was ready to live a healthier life. My journey hasn't been without STRUGGLES, LOWS & HIGHS, and this year has been no different.

Around Christmas of 2015 I was at my goal weight of 180 lbs, a number I hadn't seen since junior high. I felt good, my knees didn't ache everyday and I felt good about m...yself. With this new self-confidence I decided to take a leap and let a long-time friend that I was starting to think of her differently. My gesture was rebuffed and I was plainly told to stay away, that a friendship I considered important wasn't even a friendship in her mind. This heartache and the normal Christmas splurging lead to my STRUGGLES. I gained back 20 of my hard fought pounds.

But this LOW turned into the best of HIGHS as it so often does in the movies but rarely in real life. I woman I met at Hal-con last fall, and whom I had been in daily communication with, expressed an interest in me, and the intelligent, beautiful, and passionate Tara Kelly became my girlfriend in February.

Daily I'm amazed with the ease that we get along, it really is like we have known each other for years. We both seem to be on the same page regarding our future together and am looking forward to the adventure.

With my mind at ease, I have started getting my healthy lifestyle back on track, daily weigh-ins, keeping up on my water intake, no food or booze after 8pm (most nights), and balancing my protein/carb food choices.

While I'm still heavier than I would like to be (194.6 lbs this morning) I know I can reach the 180-185 lbs range again.

Thank you all for your support, doing this helps keep me accountable to myself.

Left is me at 267 lbs in Aug 2014
Right is this evening at 195 lbs

• Like 1

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Wow, sounds like quite a year! What snakes does your "crazy snake lady" girlfriend have? I see a BP on her pics. :) 

(ps. I couldn't see the comparison pic. It says I don't have permission.)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously