Forums are back in action! ×

The ARGH Thread

Really good thread to have open btw.

I've got a couple of ARGHs at the moment,

the first is lack of ability to sleep well, I know that I'm tired, I want to put my head down, But when I do sleep fades and I just can't get a restful night. (as i'm writing this at 4 in the morning)

second, Well most guys will agree with me on this, well at least I kind of hope so haha. Girls, They're cute, Interesting, and don't end up going for the "nice guy" until later on in life. I mean this in the most loving/caring/Please don't castrate me way possible girls/ladies/women.

You confuse me, and you drive me nuts!

My Father told me about his dating life, and gave me a interesting story. Don't think I will ever forget it. This was after I broke up with a girl.

He had just broken up with 3 year girlfriend from high school, and he was talking with his friends trying to reason why they broke up. My dad, had gone through a lot with many different girls and he couldn't figure out the reasons why he had broken up with any of them. So he turns to his friend and says

"I'm going to give it one more shot. If I can't get the next girl to fall for me, I'm going to either join the monk-hood or go gay"

He laughed and said, "I'm glad that I didn't give it one more shot or else I would have never meet your mom"

Ok cool, off my chest! Now time to try and sleep!

Women feel the same way about men, no worries on that count ;)

And, in defense of my gender, my first boyfriend was one of the nice guys...I might have ended up marrying him only I wasn't ready... Anyway, they/we are out there!

Re: not sleeping...have you tried Tylenol PM? I've taken sleeping pills before and do NOT like the way they make me feel...all groggy and woozy in the morning. But at the suggestion of a friend, I took a couple of Tylenol PM one night and they definitely helped me fall asleep...and no icky feeling the next morning :)

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

second, Well most guys will agree with me on this, well at least I kind of hope so haha. Girls, They're cute, Interesting, and don't end up going for the "nice guy" until later on in life. I mean what I am about to saying the most loving/caring/Please don't castrate me way possible girls/ladies/women.

I hate to burst your bubble, but the whole thing about women liking nice guys later in life is largely a myth, at least in my experience, and the degree to which it *is* true mainly makes things a lot more painful for us.

Sure, as time passes they're more interested in financial security, particularly the ones who have children, but financial security and nice are not synonyms.

I got married when (and was therefore dating up until) I was 31 years old. I was single again, off and on, from ages 35 to 39. For the most part, the same women who weren't interested in me when I was 20 were still not interested in me now. I did date a couple of women who said they were putting the 'bad boy' thing behind them, and remarked how 'nice' I was. They faded away pretty quickly.

They like who they like, and I wasted a bunch of time pining for them to realize how different I was. If I were you, I would concentrate on the women who like your kind of guy now. I think you'll find that there are a lot more of them out there than you think, if you concentrate on them, rather than the ones that chase bad boys.

Women feel the same way about men, no worries on that count ;)

And, in defense of my gender, my first boyfriend was one of the nice guys...I might have ended up marrying him only I wasn't ready... Anyway, they/we are out there!

Re: not sleeping...have you tried Tylenol PM? I've taken sleeping pills before and do NOT like the way they make me feel...all groggy and woozy in the morning. But at the suggestion of a friend, I took a couple of Tylenol PM one night and they definitely helped me fall asleep...and no icky feeling the next morning :)

My wife has started me on Melatonin (Vitamin). Seems to help me...maybe it's just the good vibes for taking my wife's advice..

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

So I've been doing so well the past two weeks, eating close to paleo with healthy grain/legume exceptions, and then my favorite day of the year comes up.... pi day. I had my good breakfast, a smoothie for lunch... and then multiple slices of homemade pie and beer for dinner. When will I learn??

On the positive side, it was while bonding with a friend who I have spent way little time with lately, and we had a fantastic time.

Level 1 Wood Elf Druid

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 3

First Challenge

second, Well most guys will agree with me on this, well at least I kind of hope so haha. Girls, They're cute, Interesting, and don't end up going for the "nice guy" until later on in life. I mean what I am about to saying the most loving/caring/Please don't castrate me way possible girls/ladies/women.

I hate to burst your bubble, but the whole thing about women liking nice guys later in life is largely a myth, at least in my experience, and the degree to which it *is* true mainly makes things a lot more painful for us.

Sure, as time passes they're more interested in financial security, particularly the ones who have children, but financial security and nice are not synonyms.

They like who they like, and I wasted a bunch of time pining for them to realize how different I was. If I were you, I would concentrate on said they were putting the 'bad boy' thing behind them, and remarked how 'nice' I was. They faded away pretty quickly.

As Book said, women tend to go for the feeling of security and our priorities of feeling secure change with time. We don't really go for the bad boys because they are bad, we go for them because we get a sense of they don't give a f*@k what they have to do to acheive a certain end. We feel they will fight to protect us and all that "bad boy" kind of stuff. It just ends up that the bad boys who have been in trouble have the proof that they will do those things so we go "oh I like him." Kind of primal. It takes us some age and experience to learn that the quiter nice guy might be just as capable if not more so at protecting us and has even more qualities like stability etc that have become important to us.

Wanna see a hilarious movie/play about women and security? Get Inside the Male Intellect. Effing hilarious. Based on a one man play originally called The Male Intellect: An Oxymoron. He picks on men and women and points our differences.

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

Well, looks like I'm just a Human

STR 1; DEX 2; STA 1; CON 2; WIS 4; CHA 5

Bumblebee's Quest to Play!

Yeah, I'm a woman and I don't understand it either. I think it's a hormonal thing. Testosterone? Who knows? I was always attracted to the bad boys (who never wanted me because I was a very "good girl") but ended up marrying a nice guy, if that's any encouragement. :-)

So I've been doing so well the past two weeks, eating close to paleo with healthy grain/legume exceptions, and then my favorite day of the year comes up.... pi day. I had my good breakfast, a smoothie for lunch... and then multiple slices of homemade pie and beer for dinner. When will I learn??

On the positive side, it was while bonding with a friend who I have spent way little time with lately, and we had a fantastic time.

Eveyone deserves an occasional pie! Cheat meal, anyone?

My wife has started me on Melatonin (Vitamin). Seems to help me...maybe it's just the good vibes for taking my wife's advice..

I have no idea how old you are, but melatonin production starts to decline with age, and can begin in the mid-30s, so taking melatonin of you're over 35 and having trouble sleeping if often a good idea.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

As Book said, women tend to go for the feeling of security and our priorities of feeling secure change with time. We don't really go for the bad boys because they are bad, we go for them because we get a sense of they don't give a f*@k what they have to do to acheive a certain end. We feel they will fight to protect us and all that "bad boy" kind of stuff. It just ends up that the bad boys who have been in trouble have the proof that they will do those things so we go "oh I like him." Kind of primal. It takes us some age and experience to learn that the quiter nice guy might be just as capable if not more so at protecting us and has even more qualities like stability etc that have become important to us.

I'm lucky, I found the best of both worlds! My hubby is a fantastically nice guy (to me, anyway), but he has that edgy "I'll do whatever it takes" attitude as well.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

I may have a stress fracture in my foot. That's my "argh" moment...

I'm still not sure what exactly it is, so I've been messing with it. When I place a very specific amount of pressure on a very specific part of the outside of my foot I get a sharp piercing pain that feels like a pin is being inserted. I switched out my thin heeled shoes for my running to the gym/lifting sessions for my actual running shoes, as they provide more support and smush effect. That seemed to help at the gym yesterday but today is a 3 mile run.

Guess I'll have more evidence after the run.

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

the first is lack of ability to sleep well, I know that I'm tired, I want to put my head down, But when I do sleep fades and I just can't get a restful night. (as i'm writing this at 4 in the morning)

My Father told me about his dating life, and gave me a interesting story. Don't think I will ever forget it. This was after I broke up with a girl.

He had just broken up with 3 year girlfriend from high school, and he was talking with his friends trying to reason why they broke up. My dad, had gone through a lot with many different girls and he could figure out the reasons why he had broken up with any of them. So he turns to his friend and says

"I'm going to give it one more shot. If I can't get the next girl to fall for me, I'm going to either join the monk-hood or go gay"

He laughed and said, "I'm glad that I didn't give it one more shot or else I would have never meet your mom"

Ok cool, off my chest! Now time to try and sleep!

Poooooor Rmas, no sleep. Workout until you drop! Haha. No, but seriously, I've been sleeping a lot better since I started working out harder. I'm sure you're probably already working out though, so I'd listen to everyone else. I've never had a lot of trouble sleeping.

And they're right, girls will like who they like. I have friends that keep going for the bad ones, no matter how many times they've been burned. I don't understand it. I, for one, have ALWAYS liked the nice guys. *thinks back* Yep, ever since my first crush in about second grade, it's always been nice guys. Of course, as I've been telling people around here, I've always been kind of like a grandma (I guess old soul would be a better way to describe it), so you could count it as "later on in life" :P

It was, it was! And barely a carb to be seen. Seems like I'm converting slowly. I BLAME YOU ALL (in the best possible way).

Bwahahahahaha, I knew you wouldn't be able to resist us for long.... *evil* Oh wait, we're the side of good... the Dark Side has cookies.

No worries! I have those days here and there too. I think those "cheat" days help keep us sane, even if our tummies do hate us a bit later. I didn't get any pie yesterday :( But I did have an extra square of chocolate.... and cheese :D

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Dating is an absurdly frustrating pursuit, but let's not pretend like women have a monopoly on dating people who are bad for them. If I had a dollar for every guy I've met who was willing to forgive and forget blatantly horrible behavior by women, I'd be able to afford some sweet new running shoes.

Level 2 Amazon Warrior

STR 4 - DEX 2 - STA 3 - CON 2 - WIS 3 - CHA 2

Sisters Getting Swole: Starbuck Vs. IrishAmazon

Dating is an absurdly frustrating pursuit, but let's not pretend like women have a monopoly on dating people who are bad for them. If I had a dollar for every guy I've met who was willing to forgive and forget blatantly horrible behavior by women, I'd be able to afford some sweet new running shoes.

Awesome, Irish! Totally correct. I mean, look at all the guys who have passed up the awesome-that-is-me in favor of my taller, drunker, badder cousins :P

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

My most recent AARRRGGHH moment happened this week.

Part of my challenge is that I am cutting soda out of my life 100%. this has been going well, I haven't even craved it. The I get sick, something akin to the flu. Nothing wants to stay down, so I break down and have a small glass of ginger ale to try and settle things down and to prevent me from screaming in technicolor all over the place. I ended up having half a 2L bottle. *sigh*

As a side note, and for most of us born south of the mason-dixon line, ginger ale only has one purpose.....sick pop. That's it, so I don't feel quite as terrible as I would had I downed a 2L of Dr Pepper.

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform. "-Mark Twain
“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.†– Winston Churchill
“You will either step forward into growth or you will step back into safety.†– Abraham Maslow

Wood Elf Adventurer LEVEL 6.817
Stats: STR-18.62 DEX-8.22 STA-19.05 CON-29.72 WIS-30.26 CHA-22.73

As a side note, and for most of us born south of the mason-dixon line, ginger ale only has one purpose.....sick pop.

I'll have to disagree...there is one other purpose for its existence....on an airplane!

http://theoatmeal.com/blog/beverage_options

Also, pop? Below the mason dixon and you said pop? As a fellow southerner (11 years in MS before moving to DC), I'm ashamed :-P LOL

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Sorry, I feel my shame *hangs head

In my defense, I've been living in Canada for 6 years, any silly northern Canuck things that come out of my mouth are because of that.

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform. "-Mark Twain
“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.†– Winston Churchill
“You will either step forward into growth or you will step back into safety.†– Abraham Maslow

Wood Elf Adventurer LEVEL 6.817
Stats: STR-18.62 DEX-8.22 STA-19.05 CON-29.72 WIS-30.26 CHA-22.73

Sorry, I feel my shame *hangs head

In my defense, I've been living in Canada for 6 years, any silly northern Canuck things that come out of my mouth are because of that.

Good excuse....you're off the hook.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*