Forums are back in action! ×

First World Problems

FWP: My steak was too big for my George Foreman, and it's too windy to grill outside.

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

There are ton of musicals in Portland and Seattle that I'd like to go see, but I don't know who would want to go with me and I don't want to go alone! I never will see a live stage production *weep*

I was just in Portland last week and saw Wicked! If I'd known you were looking for someone to go with I'd have invited you along.

My FWP: The comissary is closed on Mondays and I am woefully low on salad ingredients for my lunch. I guess I don't get cucumbers until tomorrow. :(

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that leads to total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Frank Herbert, Dune

I was just in Portland last week and saw Wicked! If I'd known you were looking for someone to go with I'd have invited you along.

Awwwwwww.... Wicked is one of the ones that I wanted to see tooooooo. Sometimes I wish my mom lived here. She'd go see ALL the musicals with me.

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

There are ton of musicals in Portland and Seattle that I'd like to go see, but I don't know who would want to go with me and I don't want to go alone! I never will see a live stage production *weep*

That does sound awful! Live productions are few and far between here so I don't mind having to go alone - suffering for art, and all that. I'd die to go to Portland and Seattle for a little while and experience it!

Just go. It's not like you can talk during the production anyway ;)

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

Today I was getting a lot done on the to-do list, the kind you leave til everything else is done because it's a pain and all phone calls and appointments and stuff.

The last three things I did just gave me 3 MORE things to do.

Instead of feeling accomplished, I feel cranky.

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

Just go alone - totally worth it. I've done this on occasion when I'm out of town for work. Bonus - there's usually really good single seats available even when all of the pairs in the house are sold out.

Awwwwwww.... Wicked is one of the ones that I wanted to see tooooooo. Sometimes I wish my mom lived here. She'd go see ALL the musicals with me.

Wicked was excellent - if you can catch it before it leaves town, I'd highly recommend it. It's one of those shows that works for just about every demographic.

I've just never gone to a show, much less alone, so I'm just weird about going by myself. I'll see how long Wicked is here for though and probably try to take your advice if there are any tickets left. I SHOULD just hurry up and get over myself.

Maybe it's the rebel in me, but I've never felt weird about it. Like Leimanu said, it's not like you are talking to your companions during the show anyway. Oh yeah, and Wicked is probably second only to the Lion King for shows I'd recommend for someone's first theater experience. You'll be hooked! ;)

Maybe it's the rebel in me, but I've never felt weird about it. Like Leimanu said, it's not like you are talking to your companions during the show anyway. Oh yeah, and Wicked is probably second only to the Lion King for shows I'd recommend for someone's first theater experience. You'll be hooked! ;)

I guess it's more that I haven't been exposed to much. I grew up in a town of about 1000 people, so I get a bit intimidated in large groups of people by myself. If I've got someone else to "cling" to, I'm usually fine. I just need to stop freaking myself out about things. I know it'd be fine. Portland's fairly tame ;)

Also, FWP - Sometimes some of the people we work with make me feel like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhtWbkWBWB8

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

That's me, almost every Friday/Saturday night too. Stupid married friends *grumble grumble*

Maybe we should have an NF virtual happy hour? Damnit, stupid timezones!

This must happen.

Fact: There is no such thing as "happy hour" in Massachusetts. At least no such thing as happy hour prices.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.