Forums are back in action! ×

What women love about men.

Thank you. This is much appreciated since everyone else went instantly to personality

Simon. You don't ever have to worry..... Almost every woman on here is still in love with you from you after your comment in "Help, advice about boys..."

I kid you not. Seriously... Are you married??????

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I'm probably a solid 6 ft tall (and a lady). Despite what you might think, most of the men I've dated have been similar in height to me. And in fact, as I said in an earlier post, my boyfriend is shorter than me by about an inch. 

I absolutely cannot stand women who are like 5'3 who say, "I won't date a guy shorter than 6'2!" Well honey, you're certainly narrowing down your options aren't you? If I had a rule that I'd only date guys who were 4 inches taller than me, that would be a pretty slim portion of the population. It's never a good idea to rule out someone because of 1 factor.

Also, I don't want to hijack this into a feminist rant but.... if a woman likes being with super tall men because that makes her feel dainty and feminine, then she is fundamentally defining her femininity as anti-masculinity, which is not true at all. What makes you a woman is so much more than not being a man.

/rant

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

I'm probably a solid 6 ft tall (and a lady). Despite what you might think, most of the men I've dated have been similar in height to me. And in fact, as I said in an earlier post, my boyfriend is shorter than me by about an inch. 

I absolutely cannot stand women who are like 5'3 who say, "I won't date a guy shorter than 6'2!" Well honey, you're certainly narrowing down your options aren't you? If I had a rule that I'd only date guys who were 4 inches taller than me, that would be a pretty slim portion of the population. It's never a good idea to rule out someone because of 1 factor.

Also, I don't want to hijack this into a feminist rant but.... if a woman likes being with super tall men because that makes her feel dainty and feminine, then she is fundamentally defining her femininity as anti-masculinity, which is not true at all. What makes you a woman is so much more than not being a man.

/rant

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

Simon. You don't ever have to worry..... Almost every woman on here is still in love with you from you after your comment in "Help, advice about boys..."

I kid you not. Seriously... Are you married??????

Really? I'm honestly surprised. I just saw someone in pain and I had to say something.

That last bit made me laugh lol I am single currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

I am single currently.

...and ready to mingle!

Get in line, ladies.

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

From what I can gather with the converters I am 5'8, but does that make me taller than the average woman? I feel rather short by some standards, swimmers, basketballers, netballers, hurdlers. Besides most of my sons I can look most men in the eye, are we as a generation shorter than the young ones?

Don't get me started on hurdlers. I used to get to the starting line and look up at the guys on either side of me. I'm 5'10" and they were generally around 6'2"-ish (which makes sense when you consider the fact that the hurdles themselves are 42")

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

I don't think I could handle a woman smarter than I am. (That just leaves me with burnouts and bar bimbos.) Specialized knowledge and unique views are all I have going for me. I would have nothing to offer a highly-intelligent, independent woman. Haha

You know, I spent days pondering this comment. I really found it a bit odd... But then I asked myself the question "Would I ever date a guy who wasn't at least as, if not more, intelligent than me? (Not that I'm any kind of intellectual)

The honest answer is no. Made me re-think exactly what it is I'd look for in a man, and it seems that what's going on inside the old noggin is probably at the top of my list.

I've had a lot of people lately trying to (gently) push me towards the idea of "moving on" and meeting someone new. (All a bit premature IMO but I think they're just worried that it might be very hard for me to do so...)

Anyways, I was talking to my dad today about the subject, and he said something to me that is probably the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me... "Of course you'll meet someone new some day. You're not a "look-ist" you always see the inner beauty in people. You don't have that stupid idea of an "ideal" that you're looking for so you'll find someone amazing, just like you."

I was totally blown away. Thank you dad!

So, yeah. I take it all back... Tall, short, skinny, fat, rugged, neat... Doesn't matter guys. Just so long as you have an interesting mind and a nice personality. ;)

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

That line is mostly a joke, of course. I often use it for self-depreciating humor. Intelligence (specifically the "g" factor) is a rather abstract concept that has little carryover in real life from how I see it. "Smarter" is rather subjective also. The way I see it, everyone is smart at something. "Smart" used as an adjective is more of an opinion. I am personally called "smart" and "stupid" almost an equal number of times. "Genius" and "dumb-ass". An "absent-minded professor". I started watching The Big Bang Theory because my mother and sister told me about this Sheldon character that reminded them so much of me. Rather pedantic and overly-specialized. Extensive academic knowledge at subjects he is interested in, but clueless with societal pursuits and "street smarts". Like Sherlock Holmes. And both characters have been analyzed by fans and they have deduced Autistic tendencies in both. I was diagnosed with ASD a few years ago, so "the glove indeed fits".

Since it is the law of nature for males to pursue females and demonstrate their value for the selection process, a female with more knowledge than I do about my rather narrow field of interest (e.g. someone like Cassandra Forsythe PhD, RD) would find no use for me. A socialite who doesn't read but has an intrinsic understanding of social norms, however, could potentially find me interesting, even a novelty. It could all depend on the person and how s/he frames me. For the "daddy's girl": non-threatening 5'3 guy; good, honest, stable employment; graduate school; doesn't smoke, drink, do drugs, or belong in a gang; doesn't wear saggy pants or sideways hats indoors; drives her home, opens doors, and walks on the outer side of the curb; sucks as a player; wears a seatbelt. For the "girl trying to piss off dad": 5'3 Asian dude who wears boots; tattoos; ex-MMA fighter / pro Boxer; crude and unsociable; temperamental and unpredictable; penchant for strippers; bad (Asian) driver. For the "nurturing type": 5'3 nice guy who never picks fights; great with kids and dogs; active and healthy enough to play with kids and dogs; playful, childish, and naive; can cook and clean; kind and generous to the less fortunate; stays within the speed limit. Most of how a picture is seen depends on the frame, really. That's what I think.

Sorry Machete, I wasn't trying to imply that I though your comment was in fact a true representation... More just that it made wonder about what values people place on attributes like intelligence, versus the more *ahem* physical aspects of the opposite sex. I've got to admit it has occurred to me on more than one occasion that there is some truth to your statement.

I know a fair few intelligent, successful, independent, interesting women, who for some reason, are overlooked by the opposite sex. Is there some truth in the thought that 'men are intimidated by strong, intelligent, independent woman'?

And yes, you're absolutely right. Intelligence is subjective, in all the ways you just outlined. I consider myself to be an intelligent person, yet I have no formal education. I don't think anyone I know would ever apply the word "stupid" to me, though I'm often referred to as "ditsy" and quite rightly too...

And that was when I spent my afternoon reading 30 pages of thread.

For me?  Well...anime and video games kind of made me realise that I am totally into guys with a rumble to their voices (Hello, Spike Spiegel).  Alternately phrased as "guys who sound like they've been smoking for 20 years", which is disappointing, because I'm not a fan of the actual smoking.

I'm also definitely a toned torso/square jaw chick.  Overall size doesn't matter, just muscle definition.  Bruce Lee build?  A-OK.  VIn Diesel build?  Heck to the yes.

And way, way up there with the comments about liking guys who are passionate about something.  If we can be passionate together, that's great, if not, being passionate at each other works,too.  Not sure I could date a guy who didn't have a fire lit about something or other.

• Like 1

Previous challenges:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Sorry Machete, I wasn't trying to imply that I though your comment was in fact a true representation... More just that it made wonder about what values people place on attributes like intelligence, versus the more *ahem* physical aspects of the opposite sex. I've got to admit it has occurred to me on more than one occasion that there is some truth to your statement.

I know a fair few intelligent, successful, independent, interesting women, who for some reason, are overlooked by the opposite sex. Is there some truth in the thought that 'men are intimidated by strong, intelligent, independent woman'?

And yes, you're absolutely right. Intelligence is subjective, in all the ways you just outlined. I consider myself to be an intelligent person, yet I have no formal education. I don't think anyone I know would ever apply the word "stupid" to me, though I'm often referred to as "ditsy" and quite rightly too...

I dont' think you need to apolgoize- it's an off putting sentence at face value- but an interesting thing to ponder. 

as to your question about "men are intimidated by strong intelligent dependent women" I don't even think that's a question. I have had more than one would be suitor confess to me after we became friends they were to scared to come ask me for anything much less a name and number. I find it rather amusing since I'm a HUGE socialite but I am exceptionally brisk and ... well- fairly crass and straight to the point.

I should come with a warning label- does not tolerate bullshit well. LOL

But there are many types of people in the world- and it's really only but mildly helpful to try to label them all in one form or the other LOL so making broad generlizations only gets you so far.  

back on topic: I love men who don't mind going out of their way for their girl.... and I also love men who can dance- and who don't have an issue joining the party. 

Only weak men are intimidated by strong, intelligent, independent women.  The kind of men who have the fragile definition of masculinity as "whatever isn't girly" and therefore can't deal with women doing awesome stuff.

But then, why would you even want to date someone that's so insecure you have to pretend to be less than you are just so they find you "attractive"?

• Like 1

Butts.

Oh, not at all. Just clarifying, because I'm a rather sucky communicator. But no apologies needed. Haha. I'm glad it merited some pondering.

Though I think it's a bit of the macho culture influencing this, where males want to be able to "wear the pants" (like the whole "leftovers" problem in China, where some men refuse to agree to a marriage with a woman more successful than they are), I think it's also more of a two-way street. I think that strong, intelligent, independent women are merely less likely to settle, and don't feel the need to latch-on to a man in order to feel fulfilled / survive. They usually know better than to put up with a dude who treats them like crap (unlike Kardashian or Rihanna or something). A woman who doesn't rely on her looks alone feels less of a need to be validated by someone else.

Here's an illustration of exactly how to get (and keep) a man:

Ps. Have I ever told you that you have an interesting mind? *wink wink* :D

Why thank you. One does one's best. I have heard that it's what gets me repeat business whenever I do get lucky. (Aside from the six-pack, of course, which makes it rather challenging for a man to get any eye contact around here. "Hey, my eyes are up here, sailor." Hahaha)

Bahahaha! :D Priceless!

You make a very valid point about strong, smart women being less likely to "settle". One of my best friends (who is an amazing person) is long term single and says that she just wouldn't be prepared to make the compromises necessary to be in a relationship unless it was something really special. (Actually myself and Peter was the example she used as her "standard")

I guess this is something that has played on my mind lately and it occurs to me that I have no idea about the world of dating. I've never been the kind of girl that guys approach... I have lots of male friends, but I've never been "hit on" or even had someone ask to buy me a drink in a bar.

I guess I give off that "Not interested/available" vibe.

Bahahaha! :D Priceless!

You make a very valid point about strong, smart women being less likely to "settle". One of my best friends (who is an amazing person) is long term single and says that she just wouldn't be prepared to make the compromises necessary to be in a relationship unless it was something really special. (Actually myself and Peter was the example she used as her "standard")

I guess this is something that has played on my mind lately and it occurs to me that I have no idea about the world of dating. I've never been the kind of girl that guys approach... I have lots of male friends, but I've never been "hit on" or even had someone ask to buy me a drink in a bar.

I guess I give off that "Not interested/available" vibe.

I'd be willing to bet you've been hit on... in fact I could almost guarantee it...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Seconded.

On a related note, how much of a turn-off is it to the ladies when a guy is really clueless / dense about overt flirting?

I have more than a handful of stories of being Leonard....

I look back now and just *facepalm*... HARD, because it was so obvious...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Haha, thanks for the vote of confidence guys :D

I don't think it's a turn off as such... It's certainly waaaaay more preferable than a guy who knows his appeal, and works it.  That I find a real turn off personally. 

I have more than a handful of stories of being Leonard....

I look back now and just *facepalm*... HARD, because it was so obvious...

For me it's the opposite, I feel too often that the girl is flirting with me...or maybe it's just my mind hoping she's flirting :D

Both is not great, when you don't know if she's flirting or if you're not sure if she's flirting.  :love_heart:

Level 1 - assassin

STR: 3, DEX: 2, STA: 2, CON: 2, WIS: 3, CHA: 3

Current Challenge: maenumania learns the secrets of spiderman

Battle Log: We are the hero of our story!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge Archive: #1 - Let's kill those rats and spider!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember nothing is true.
Where other men are limited, by morality or law, remember everything is permitted.
We work in the dark to serve the light. We are the Assassins.