Hello Nerd Family! It has been awhile since I have been on the Forum but I do lurk from time to time. Today tho I need your help! 

I recently reached a target goal weight and I feel really proud of myself. I thought today I would have a cheat day and go to lunch with my co-workers. HUGE mistake. I ate a double quarter pounder, a half of a med fry, and a few sips of sprite.

The problem now is I am sitting at my desk and I honestly want to cry. I feel terrible like I want to throw up I wont but I feel that bad. My stomach is in knots and mentally I feel like a steaming pile of kryptonite.

I know that this one meal wont kill me, and I know I wont be doing it again or making it a habit but I feel like a giant Snorelax right now. 

What do you heroes do to make it okay or feel better after you slip a little? I can run all I want but you can't out run your fork right. I wish I had time travel powers cuz I would definitely make a different choice.

Thanks yall -
A hero in need

• Like 1

I wouldn't even consider that slipping. You just decided to have a treat meal, don't feel guilty.  As far as feeling crappy, I'd file that away in stuff not to eat. Next time you want a treat, just have one of those things, like the fries, and see how you feel. Try and pinpoint what makes you sick, and what you can eat  occasionally without feeling sick.

For right now, drink water, and maybe set an alarm and every 30 minutes get up and stretch so you aren't as sleepy.

Sadly, that is how I figured wheat was a no- go for me. I felt like I had the flu. I can still have the occasional fries though.:)

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Just as Elastigirl says, just take note of what your reactions are and keep them in mind the next time you're faced with temptation. 

A while ago, I was complaining to a coworker that I was strongly craving a coca cola. He looked me straight in the eye and said, "Drink it for science." He elaborated that if I wanted the thing, I should go ahead and have it, but just keep track of how it made me feel; if I was complaining that it wasn't worth it after, or that I'd like to go back in time and take it back, then I should remember that the next time I was faced with temptation, and overcome it. But in the moment, go ahead and conduct a science experiment. It's fun! 

Another thing I do when faced with cravings is indulge them mindfully. Not just keeping track of how you feel after, but during the consuming process, really focus on your food. Don't eat while watching TV or while on the computer, passively and distractedly. Pay attention to what you're putting in your body, notice what it tastes like, enjoy the feeling of satisfying the craving. Pay attention so that you do satisfy the craving, instead of letting the experience of that food sneak past you! That way also you're not "giving in" and doing something to feel guilty about; you're giving yourself permission upfront, with the caveat that you have to actually go all in if you're going to do the thing. Give it a try!

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

Just as Elastigirl says, just take note of what your reactions are and keep them in mind the next time you're faced with temptation. 

A while ago, I was complaining to a coworker that I was strongly craving a coca cola. He looked me straight in the eye and said, "Drink it for science." He elaborated that if I wanted the thing, I should go ahead and have it, but just keep track of how it made me feel; if I was complaining that it wasn't worth it after, or that I'd like to go back in time and take it back, then I should remember that the next time I was faced with temptation, and overcome it. But in the moment, go ahead and conduct a science experiment. It's fun! 

Another thing I do when faced with cravings is indulge them mindfully. Not just keeping track of how you feel after, but during the consuming process, really focus on your food. Don't eat while watching TV or while on the computer, passively and distractedly. Pay attention to what you're putting in your body, notice what it tastes like, enjoy the feeling of satisfying the craving. Pay attention so that you do satisfy the craving, instead of letting the experience of that food sneak past you! That way also you're not "giving in" and doing something to feel guilty about; you're giving yourself permission upfront, with the caveat that you have to actually go all in if you're going to do the thing. Give it a try!

So much truth.. That's is what I was trying to get at with saying it was a treat meal. It is fine, on occasions, to go off plan, but like  Wobbegong says, make it enjoyable. Enjoy the treat, pay attention, and then decide whether it fits in the occasional treat category or not. 

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27