Newbie goals, rewards and punishment...

Hi everyone,

I've just started NF on the weekend, read through all the lessons, set my goals and did the bodyweight level 1 workout for the first time yesterday. I nearly died!! Feeling a bit sore today as well. But I've got a couple of rewards to look forward to. If I stick to my goals of 3 x 30 minutes strength training workouts per week and don't drink any alcohol during the week, after three weeks I will book into a thai or indian cooking class. If I stick to it for 6 weeks then I'm going on a 1 hour off-road segway bush bash! Should be fun :)

If I miss one of my goals then my punishment is I have to do one load of my boyfriend's laundry and iron any shirts in that load. I loathe ironing and laundry so that is quite a turn off!

Does anyone want to share their rewards or punishments?

Also any fun fitness ideas would be welcome! I'm going to try stand-up paddle boarding. Also trying out interval training with a running club tonight and I've got a bike ride planned in two weeks with a new riding buddy.

Cheers,

Lulu.

Hi Lulu!

I'm also new here and set up a reward system for myself.  Every paycheck I put some money in a jar and if I hit my 6 week goal (currently it's working out a minimun of 3x a week for at least 30 minutes each time) I get the money back to do with as I please.  Otherwise it sits there until I hit my next 6 week goal.  As a single mom, money is a huge motivator.

Good luck to you on your mission to a healthier lifestyle.  :-)

Andrea

Hold on kids.  Mama's got squats to do!

Welcome to the rebellion, Lulu!

Good job on getting started! The beginner bodyweight workout is a great start! Rewards and punishments are always good. I color the square on my calendar on the days I do my workout. No workout no color. The blank spot hurts!

It's awesome that you want to try so many things! Hang on to that energy and have a blast!

Good luck with your goals and keep us posted!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.